THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Seeing focal lesions on a patient's liver and having to tell her family that the cancer has spread and she doesn't have much time left.
    [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
      Seeing focal lesions on a patient's liver and having to tell her family that the cancer has spread and she doesn't have much time left.
      This is why I'm so conflicted when people think doctors have no bedside manners. Telling someone and their loves ones they're going to die slowly and painfully is one of the hardest things ever.

*hugs*
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

So... I'm on official week three of the 'no poo' thing. Before, I washed my hair with shampoo about once a week, and it was fine. I get it wet everyday (I know, I'm not supposed to, but I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to cleanliness. Must get whole body wet once per day) Now though, my head is a grease factory. Before, when I was shampooing ONCE PER WEEK, I'd only get greasy if I forgot and didn't shampoo it for two weeks. But my hair is impossible right now.

I rinse it when I feel like it with apple cider vinegar that I infused some rosemary into, to try and strip some of the grease, and I've tried an all natural dry-shampoo once. So I'm wondering what's up - why is this adjustment period so harsh? And I google it.

No poo doesn't mean you just don't wash your hair. It means you replace shampoo/conditioner for regular washes of baking soda/water, and ACV.

I was doing it cuz I thought it meant I could get away with never washing my hair again. Gah.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          So... I'm on official week three of the 'no poo' thing. Before, I washed my hair with shampoo about once a week, and it was fine. I get it wet everyday (I know, I'm not supposed to, but I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to cleanliness. Must get whole body wet once per day) Now though, my head is a grease factory. Before, when I was shampooing ONCE PER WEEK, I'd only get greasy if I forgot and didn't shampoo it for two weeks. But my hair is impossible right now.

I rinse it when I feel like it with apple cider vinegar that I infused some rosemary into, to try and strip some of the grease, and I've tried an all natural dry-shampoo once. So I'm wondering what's up - why is this adjustment period so harsh? And I google it.

No poo doesn't mean you just don't wash your hair. It means you replace shampoo/conditioner for regular washes of baking soda/water, and ACV.

I was doing it cuz I thought it meant I could get away with never washing my hair again. Gah.
          In the old incarnation of the forum we had a thread devoted to not washing hair for a month. I tried it and only used a vinegar rinse and it worked out fine. That said it will depend on your hair too. Mine weathered not washing well because it's like a straw mess. Seriously, it's dry and nasty, so I can get away with not washing it for a bit.
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

Bah, it looks like I won't be getting my usual Pell grant for school due to being on academic probation, only our state grant. This means I won't have much money left after buying my books and I have to pay $95 in fees myself. I did something stupid in the past and now I'm paying for it, that I can accept. What bothers me is that I really need new glasses. Actually, I've needed new glasses for a couple of years. I can see well enough with the ones I wear now but I really should get a new prescription every year, plus my current glasses are bent all to hell - they look stupid and the ear piece hurts my head. I can only hope that the few pairs of contacts I have left will last through the semester so I can see the boards in class.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

oh, huggles!

I've blogged about this...cuz I've tried it a few dif ways, and I can't just not do anything with my hair either. I do the bs/acv deal, once a week. Some people really can get away with doing nothing--but it reportedly takes about six weeks to "equalize" or whatevver they call it...and lots of brushing (with a boar bristle brush).
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                oh, huggles!

I've blogged about this...cuz I've tried it a few dif ways, and I can't just not do anything with my hair either. I do the bs/acv deal, once a week. Some people really can get away with doing nothing--but it reportedly takes about six weeks to "equalize" or whatevver they call it...and lots of brushing (with a boar bristle brush).
                I brushed with a dry shampoo last night that I bought at the farmer's market (just cornstarch, ground up fir needles, and some arrowroot and green clay) ...and it made my hair a disaster, but I washed it with water today and a good portion of the grit/grease is gone. I dunno. I'll give it another week - my hair is starting to tangle badly from being so greasy (even though I brush it once a day) ...so I might have to wash it soon.

Mostly art.

Comment

Oh yeah. with the no poo...you have to brush like 20 times a day, and/or have your hair up and braided almost constantly
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I must have missed this. But why aren't we liking to wash our hair?
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ughhh I had a dream where I ate something that had gone off, and it tasted unbelievably bad, like ashes or something, and I could vividly taste it. I can STILL taste it, and I'm not feeling great today. It's making it really hard to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        I must have missed this. But why aren't we liking to wash our hair?
                        This I don't get, I actively enjoy washing and messing with my hair, it is really the only part of my body I am actively fond of.

Rant: Spent a day clearing out crap from mother in law's house. Made alot of space, it also filled my sinuses with dust mold and other horribleness, and turned my neck and back into big piles of painfulness... The donation place also rejected most of the furniture because of the condition it is in... but someone is still determined that it has to be donated. Can I just be whacked in the head now with a baseball bat? Maybe if you hit me hard enough I can spend a few days in unconcious sweet oblivion.
                        I need better pills...
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Ffs. Dont be passive aggressive on facebook. Tell me to my face that I woke the baby up. But dya know what? I dont really care atm.
                          I flushed the toilet. I am sick to fucking death of not flushing the loo in the middle of the night, and being the first one up, I'm the one who has to deal with a toilet full of piss (and occasionally shit, which if i remember correctly you said to flush if you had to shit).
                          Im sorry but im not telling a guy that i really like "oh btw, please dont flush the loo" Its disgusting. Nor am I not flushing it when its likely that he'll go after me and then think im gross. I hate it.

Comment

Pineapple. Torture device to the tongue.

Comment

Balls. My assignment is due in today. I usually have it done by sunday to email in on monday morning but I've been avoiding housemates so spent pretty much most of yesterday going for coffee then for dinner. So ive had to finish it today, luckily ive had the afternoon off work. Do you know what I did with my afternoon off? I fell asleep. So now I'm having to rush my assignment to get it handed in today, and I cant get an extension because the tutor is away. Gah!

Also, I'm still full of cold, and today was my first day back at work after the holidays. And all I want is a cuddle but the person I want a cuddle from most is 250 miles away on a boat.

Ugh.

Comment

I hate bra shopping. I'm 2 different sizes with 2 different similar styles.

Comment

Working...
                                X