THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I can't stand feeling impotent, helpless, completely powerless and unable to do do anything!

FML!!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Finding your way to new-hire orientation ought to be considered basic intelligence for someone who is trying to work in a hospital. If you are unable to WRITE DOWN the directions I am telling you after I hand you a pen and piece of paper, (which ought to be considered a hint...) and then you refuse to write them down CORRECTLY, does not make my directions bad, or my methood of delivery wrong, it makes you an idiot and incapable of basic tasks, and subsequently, in my opinion, UN-FIT to work in a HOSPITAL!

Please pay attention, and FOLLOW BASIC DIRECTIONS!

Thank you, please don't let the door hit you on the way out.
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I wish I could sleep properly.

Mostly art.

Comment

I am not going to say a word. Biting my tongue.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            I am not going to say a word. Biting my tongue.
            I'll send band aids Chain. I think I read your mind and I concur. SLAP!!!!!!!!!(I know bad Monk bad!)
            Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
              I'll send band aids Chain. I think I read your mind and I concur. SLAP!!!!!!!!!(I know bad Monk bad!)
              if it helps I thought the same thing....

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Ooh. I might pay to see *that*!

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                  if it helps I thought the same thing....
                  Great minds think alike they say!

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh. I might pay to see *that*!
                  Hell, I'd pay for that! Hehehe.
                  Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Ugh, focus, come back to me. Ok? Yes? Thank you.

GET HERE NOW.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Now I have no idea what you guys are talking about!

I iz stoopid.
                      [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                        Now I have no idea what you guys are talking about!

I iz stoopid.
                        Stoopid?! U r not! Fibber, fibber!

You're just more familiar with goats' sleeping habits.

Just that a couple of us, it seems, were considering what to do about V's sleep difficulties.

Comment

Oh I get it. You were gonna recommend sleeping pills or herbs that help you relax.
                          [4:82]

Comment

Stoopid?! U r not! Fibber, fibber!

You're just more familiar with goats' sleeping habits.

Just that a couple of us, it seems, were considering what to do about V's sleep difficulties.
                            Not even gonna lie, I had no idea what the whole rest of the thread was about after I posted. NOW I get it...

You people are bad. Baaaaaaa-d.

Mostly art.

Comment

Yeah, I know. But that whole "sleep properly" image fired up a ton of synapses in my brain.

And to be perfectly honest, they started with"properly" and advice on avoiding standing on your head, staying away from curling up in ovens and other small cubicles, not attempting any duct tape/super glue on the ceiling behaviors, and moving a few larger objects under the bed to close off any open area.

But when the goofy advice train of thought got to that last bit? All bets were off. Big time, "Ooh! A shiny!" Instead of a bunch of silly things to improve sleep... how about a few distractions, since sleep isn't working? Naughty, naughty.

And that is what made me post that original reply, about biting my tongue.

If there's a seriously innocent topic that my brain can't twist around into something perverted, I'll eat my toque!

Comment

If there's a seriously innocent topic that my brain can't twist around into something perverted, I'll eat my toque!
                                Cheque cashing?

My husband and I had plans today, we have had plans today for a bleeding week, we are preparing to leave and his dad walks down stairs and says to my husband "we are leaving in 10 minutes." The response to this was "Huh?" as we had not clue what he was referring to.
                                "The dog needs to go to the groomers, I scheduled this months ago, you should check my calendar daily to see what I need to do."
                                So now I am apparently the Psycho for NOT being OK with this... I swear I am not psychotic on purpose, you people make me this way...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X