Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by wisp View Post
    I need to learn to stop fueling my frustration. I -know- certain topics are going to make me mad. I know certain people's opinions will bother me well beyond the time it takes to walk away. I just need to stop fricken reading them.
    It's ok. We can always just abort it.
    It's what us womenz do
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      It's what us womenz do
      So wrong but I laughed anyway.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
        So wrong but I laughed anyway.
        me too... Haha
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          It's what us womenz do
          yeah... wrong, but made me giggle...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

vBulletin has officially pissed me off. I cannot get the 'Full Site' on any of the vBulletin forums I visit. I can only get the mobile version, which has extremely limited features. I've tried dumping my phones cache/cookies/settings, etc. & still only get the mobile. Or what's worse, it'll switch to the full site for maybe one thread, and then blink back to the mobile with a dire pronouncement of 'Data Connection Lost'.

Data Connection Lost is like my phone's version of the BSoD. Grrrrr!
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

It's unprofessional not to post work schedules 2 weeks in advance, so I don't even know what to call what you do. Less than seven days, closer to 3-4, it's ridiculous. And then changing it, without asking, without giving notice and just expecting us to be available because we 'didn't book it off' is ludicrous! And when my availability says 20-24 hrs/week, it's because I have things I have to do the rest of that time. Just because they are flexible things that can work around a schedule, doesn't make them any less important. In fact, to my mind, they are far more important than this job. So, scheduling me 26-28 hours a week is annoying, but I didn't say anything because we've been going through some adjustments as a store and I'd been reassured, months ago I should point out, that it would change soon. But 37.5 hours this coming week? What?! If I had wanted this to be a full-time job I'd have asked for it to be a full-time job... And the worst part is I know you're doing crap like this to everyone and my complaining about it will do one of two things, as proven be previous incidents, shift the stuff I've complained about on to someone else's plate making me out to be a selfish bad guy, or get me in to a talk with you and our District Manager about how I'm condescending and I hurt your feelings. Even though my wording was just carefully planned so as -not- to imply any personal offense and just issue with how you handle the schedules. But in reality, you-are- an idiot, a selfish, two-faced, incompetent idiot. And my gods, I just want to quit. Why is it taking so long to find a new job?
              My Tumblr
              My Webcomic
              My Twitter

Comment

I was all set to go to bed at 9. Why is it now 3 in the morning?
                They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Went to bed at 1 am last night and here for work now... its 5 am... can someone put me out of my misery real quick... I call bullshit!

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The knob to my bedroom door jammed and I couldn't get out. Broke the damn thing off with a golf club, not as fun as it sounds. At least I only have to replace the knob, door frames are a bitch to replace.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Getting up to go to work this morning, I fell down my stairs landing on knees and elbows, and everything involving those body parts is hurting like a bitch right now. Now I am at work where standing just is not an option today, and there is definately a dead skunk in the street right in front of my door... Is it bad that maiming myself with a chainsaw is higher on my "comfy" list than walking?

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Sitting in the airport. Almost home.

I'm not happy.

Mostly art.

Comment

Why did I want this job again? Every day I get insulted, threatened, or cursed at.... Simply because the population we're located within seems to think this behavior is acceptable and nobody else on the planet is worth more than the dirt they walk on.

Yes, why is it taking so long to find a new job?

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                            Why did I want this job again? Every day I get insulted, threatened, or cursed at.... Simply because the population we're located within seems to think this behavior is acceptable and nobody else on the planet is worth more than the dirt they walk on.
                            I work in a major resort hotel. People leave their homes thousands of miles away to come to us and do that. :/
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                              I work in a major resort hotel. People leave their homes thousands of miles away to come to us and do that. :/
                              I feel your pain... It's so engrained into my psyche that when I go to other places I pick up after myself like I'm one of those helpful night-dwelling elves in faery tales...

Just today I said "have a good day!" to a couple of customers who were heading out and one yelled back "f*ck off." I mean, who does that??
                              Or the lady I stopped for shoplifting the other day who demanded an apology after I watched her shove something into her bag. She got super nice when the police officer waiting outside stopped her though...

It's just mind-boggling sometimes. -.-

Comment

I give the principal the assembly run sheet that has two items after he talks, and he dismisses everyone! Every time! It's the student assembly! Let them say thank you and dismiss them! Ahhhhh
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment