Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

[quote author=Amber link=topic=8.msg11224#msg11224 date=1289330338]
    It is a man thing. My husband is the same way. I have been with this man for 10 years and I still don't get it
    [/quote]

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=8.msg11219#msg11219 date=1289329051]
    It's a man thing. Sorry.
    [/quote]

Heh, I know.. It just gets annoying sometmes, like when I'm not feeling that good and positive either.. Well, I know I can't but to deal with it. :P

Comment

It's a man thing. Sorry.
      [/quote]

I wish I could say I agree however I'm gonna have to say no, its not. I do the same thing to my husband while he does the whole talking for ages thing.

And I will even tell him that I'm not listening but he just keeps going.
      In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Thank goodness I'm using two different browsers. Opera is being very sluggish/has frozen. -currently on Chrome-
        You'd think it would start unfreezing by now... it's passed 3 minutes, maybe even 5.
        Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

[quote author=LuciaStar link=topic=8.msg11274#msg11274 date=1289341921]
          Thank goodness I'm using two different browsers. Opera is being very sluggish/has frozen. -currently on Chrome-
          You'd think it would start unfreezing by now... it's passed 3 minutes, maybe even 5.
          [/quote]

using facebook lately? some of the banner ads are running trojans right now, avast keeps catching it for me.

http://www.avast.com
          "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=pihlaja link=topic=8.msg11201#msg11201 date=1289325402]
            (I almost posted this to confessions but thought this would better place.. ) I'm a bit angry to my boyfriend about not telling me clearly when he's irritated or stressed about something (like work) and doesn't say it out loud that it's just issues at work which make him to be quiet and grumpy. I always start to wonder if I've done or said something he's mad about or why doesn't he want to spend time with me etc. Well, I guess I just have to continue asking him the same questions over and over again.
            [/quote]
            Girl, I have been there. Quite a few times. My bit of wee advice? Just stop asking. I ask once. I get an 'nuttin' and then I just let him be. That's actually my only way of helping. But being one less thing he has to stress about. Men. They are so damn finicky! :P
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg11330#msg11330 date=1289354178]
              Girl, I have been there. Quite a few times. My bit of wee advice? Just stop asking. I ask once. I get an 'nuttin' and then I just let him be. That's actually my only way of helping. But being one less thing he has to stress about. Men. They are so damn finicky! :P
              [/quote]

I think that this is probably good advice... most men are pretty practical when it comes to things like this (or, at least we tell ourselves that we are being practical), as in we talk about what can be fixed. If he doesn't talk about it to you, it most likely means that it isn't about you.

This also leads to one of the other things that women get upset with us about... when you tell us about your problems, we try to solve the problem rather than just letting you vent.
              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Well, yeah. Isn't that the point of bringing a problem to someone's attention? To see if they can fix it for you?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg11402#msg11402 date=1289369752]
                  Well, yeah. Isn't that the point of bringing a problem to someone's attention? To see if they can fix it for you?
                  [/quote]
                  no!
                  *smacks
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg11405#msg11405 date=1289370500]
                    no!
                    *smacks
                    [/quote]

Ouch! Oops.

In other news, I got the friggin quote to work!!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=8.msg11166#msg11166 date=1289315138]
                      Aww, I know how that feels *SQUISH*
                      [/quote]

Thank you darlin. This rant kind of stands as my mood again today!

I just want to be someones first priority again (other than being my own first priority). I alwasy came first with Dale, but now that all my pals are loooovvvved up they have boyfriends and girlfriends before me; which is fine until I am mega lonely and everytime I call them they either already have plans with their significant others or they invite them along!
                      Meh :'(
                      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

It's a man thing. Sorry.

I have the opposite problem. I wish my wife would stop the running narrative of everything that's going through her head, or at least not get mad when I quit listening after the second hour.

OK, actually it's after the first 5 3 .5 minutes, but only because I know that it'll go on for at least two hours...
                        [/quote]

I'm with you on the first part, but it sounds like you have some understanding to learn too.

Women need to understand that (most) men don't really want to talk about it when they're having a rough time, and learn to give them their space.

Men need to understand that women often NEED to talk about it, and learn to hear them out. Seriously. Both are very important and if both men and women would try to make an effort to do what the other needed in terms of communication, relationships would be easier.

Sometimes, when it involves both of you (like a fight) you have to reach a happy medium as well. Something like giving a bit of space to cool off, then talking about it.

Comment

I'm irritated because I finally got an eye appointment but forgot to write down the time, so sometime between now and Feb I have to do the thing where I call over and over and over again so I can get the time of my appointment. BLAH! I was so concerned with getting the address right that I forgot about time. Stupid.

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg11330#msg11330 date=1289354178]
                            [/quote]

Oh, I forgot to write that he actually expects me to ask. : It's a man thing in that sense he's not a person who would just start rambling about things, but (luckily) he's not that brainwashed with the "manliness" that he would want to sort everything out inside his own head and not to talk about anything. :P

The thing what irritates me sometimes is the fact that he hopes me to ask, but still won't tell it spontaniously.

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=8.msg11401#msg11401 date=1289369488]
                            most men are pretty practical when it comes to things like this (or, at least we tell ourselves that we are being practical), as in we talk about what can be fixed. If he doesn't talk about it to you, it most likely means that it isn't about you.
                            [/quote]

This is actually a good advice, I think. :P Thanks.

Comment

Fuck today, fuck this week, fuck fuck fuck.

Can't a girl catch a fucking BREAK?!

Comment

Darn it, I want an old travel trunk to use as a coffee table...you know the kind people took with them on steamer ships? They were all over Craigslist 3 months ago, and now I can't find one, much less one I can afford!
                                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                                X