Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Agel View Post
    You are a lot nicer than me. I'd refuse holding anyone's packages (unless they are a good friend) and would totally get ticked off if I found out that the delivery company was giving my package to other people.
    I just don't trust people that much.
    yeah. I would be VERY much not-ok with my package being left with a neighbor.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I'm getting really frustrated at life. I'm seriously trying to get this private piano teaching thing going, and at home it has to be on Saturday, cos I'm not at home during the week. And I plan to teach 8 out of 10 weekends, but it's jut not happening. And more and more things are happening and I'm forever calling families and cancelling, or changing things and it just isn't very professional. I'm trying hard, and it's not being working.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Agel View Post
        You are a lot nicer than me. I'd refuse holding anyone's packages (unless they are a good friend) and would totally get ticked off if I found out that the delivery company was giving my package to other people.
        I just don't trust people that much.
        It's really common here and people have a lot of trust in their neighbours. I like living in an environment like that and I have no issues with postal workers leaving packages with other people in my building. I've lived here for 8 years and no one has ever stolen or opened my package. I don't mind taking them for people either, but only on an occasional basis. It seems like every delivery company and Deutsche Post employee knows I'm home and automatically rings my bell when the original recipient doesn't answer. I can see the logic ("I'll ring that bell because they usually answer") but it just kind of irks me that no thought goes into -why- people might be home on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
          yeah. I would be VERY much not-ok with my package being left with a neighbor.
          I'd be offended if it wasn't--the hours at the Fed-Ex are annoying. Our neighbors are pretty awesome, from the gay college couple to the two Navy guys and their new wives (well, one of them is a bitch, but I'd still trust her to hold a package), to the single mom Army vet and her two kids, to the reclusive cat lady...even the dude that works nights and always looks hungover but never smells like alcohol (because he works on his car all day and barely sleeps). I've lived in some shitty neighborhoods, and I'd still trust 90% of my neighbors to hold a package...
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            I'd be offended if it wasn't--the hours at the Fed-Ex are annoying. Our neighbors are pretty awesome, from the gay college couple to the two Navy guys and their new wives (well, one of them is a bitch, but I'd still trust her to hold a package), to the single mom Army vet and her two kids, to the reclusive cat lady...even the dude that works nights and always looks hungover but never smells like alcohol (because he works on his car all day and barely sleeps). I've lived in some shitty neighborhoods, and I'd still trust 90% of my neighbors to hold a package...
            your neighborhood sounds better than anywhere I've ever lived based purely on your neighbors
            They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
            Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
            -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

I don't particularly know my current neighbors so I'd prefer they not be receing mail or packages for me. A couple years ago, it was common practice for neighboring stores in the shopping center I worked at to receive shipments for each other though. It just worked out better for all us if we could receive for each other when someone wasn't in. Otherwise important shipments could get delayed. Pretty much my tolerance for the practice will depend on where I am and how well I know the people around me.
              Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

There's only two people in this complex that I would trust with a package. Well only one right now because the other moved.
                That's the lady in the office. I know that if something is given to her nothing will happen to it.

Everyone else around here is either crazy (literally) or enough into drugs that I wouldn't want my belongings remotely near their apartment. I'm sure there probably are some who aren't, but I've never had the chance to meet them.
                Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  My issue isn't a trust issue, it's a privacy issue. I don't want everyone knowing my business. My neighbors don't need to know who I'm ordering things from.
                  "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

What the shit, numbers?

THE WEEKLY REPORT IS DUE TODAY, WHY ARE YOU NOT MATCHING UP?

*kills excel, and the office, and burns her camp down, and then hangs herself*

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    What the shit, numbers?

THE WEEKLY REPORT IS DUE TODAY, WHY ARE YOU NOT MATCHING UP?

*kills excel, and the office, and burns her camp down, and then hangs herself*
                    Over-reacted. Figured it out. I want today to be over.

Mostly art.

Comment

Guys, I'm serious: if you don't stop going on and on about how people are 'looking for love in each other instead of in God' because you saw a couple making out at the skate rink and how much you can tell someone's beliefs just by looking at them, and how it makes you so sad that they're not saved, and how 'most of them are atheists' because they just 'looked like it,' I will scream. I love you, you're my friends, but WILL YOU JUST FUCKING SHUT UP?

*headdesk* I swear, my friends aren't normally like this... And then they are, and I am suddenly the cracked third wheel that would happily strangle them.

I hate actually feeling the need to rant about stuff like this.

Comment

No need to feel bad about the rant. Back when I was kinda a hippie(freak) a LOT of people I knew(dopers all) suddenly became Jesus freaks. it seemed all of a sudden everyone I knew just "Found" their new thing,and would NOT shut the F up.
                        I feel for you in this,I really do.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

*YAWN*
                          Tired and pissed off...
                          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I'm wondering who all I've pissed off in the past 24-36 hours. I know of 3, for sure. It could be as many as 11. Or more.

If you don't WANT my opinion, why ask for it? If you don't want the answer, don't ask the question. If my thinking "always disturbs" you, so much, why constantly ask me, "what do you think?" If you make excuses for someone else's behavior, you're enabling. Is there a point, to a 20 minute phone lecture, about things I shouldn't think, do or say, that in any way is NOT trying to control me? If someone else is sick, like a roommate that you desperately want to move out and away from because of their continued abuses, how can you use "I don't want to make anyone sick" as a reason to stay with said roommate??

And, lastly, I get it; you're ex-boyfriend is a lazy, good-for-nothing leech that can't take care of his own finances, let alone his health. But why bail him out of jail??

WTF happened, that all the crazies decided to talk to me, all at roughly the same time? People need to pull their heads out of their collective asses! I am (or at least can be) an asshole, with a horribly cynical attitude and a blazing temper. Which part did you find confusing?

[expletive omitted]!!!!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Don't just assume all the younger looking people standing behind the greens candidate are teenage girls and homosexuals and therefore must be less intelligent than anyone else, because I will tell you why you are wrong. And it's not my fault if you don't like it.
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

My backpay still hasn't arrived, it's been over 5 months and I can't pay my bills this month because of it now (which are due friday). I'm about ready to contact the department of labor or a lawyer. >.<

Comment

Working...
                                X