Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Wonderland View Post
    Well, with all due respect, we do pay for everything she asks us to. In addition, I clean and I cook. The only reason we're here is because we just moved from a different country and we literally had no one here or anything here to start with and we're trying to get our feet on the ground. I don't need your sympathy nor I'm asking for anyone else's. I'm sorry you had to go through that situation but not everyone is the same.
    Sounds rough...I can relate, because I was in the same situation -before- I moved to a different country (had to give up my apartment and car and everything before I made the move, so I had to live with my parents before I left. It wasn't too bad, but it was still stressful. Sorry that your experience is much worse! Good luck getting on your feet in your new home

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      Sounds rough...I can relate, because I was in the same situation -before- I moved to a different country (had to give up my apartment and car and everything before I made the move, so I had to live with my parents before I left. It wasn't too bad, but it was still stressful. Sorry that your experience is much worse! Good luck getting on your feet in your new home
      Thank you!

It's just frustrating sometimes and I usually don't complain because she's doing us a favor and I'm grateful for that but there are some things that I do find unfair. :=L:
      :^^: My Spiritual Journey blog: An Eclectic Wonderland :^^:

Comment

Last night I had the worst dream of my entire life. And I've had some really crappy dreams. I dreamed I was attending my ex boyfriend's wedding to his new girlfriend. She was nice. She was pretty. He was happy. And I introduced myself and was nice right back. I walked up to the car he was in and he looked at me. And I knew. I knew. I won't say what I knew. But he knew it and I knew it. And still he married her.

I woke up and I just had the worst heartache. What was the shittiest thing about it? I didn't even fight. Because I knew it was the right thing for him. I just smiled and hid it all away. You know you really love someone when you do the right thing for them IN YOUR OWN DAMN DREAMS.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          Last night I had the worst dream of my entire life. And I've had some really crappy dreams. I dreamed I was attending my ex boyfriend's wedding to his new girlfriend. She was nice. She was pretty. He was happy. And I introduced myself and was nice right back. I walked up to the car he was in and he looked at me. And I knew. I knew. I won't say what I knew. But he knew it and I knew it. And still he married her.

I woke up and I just had the worst heartache. What was the shittiest thing about it? I didn't even fight. Because I knew it was the right thing for him. I just smiled and hid it all away. You know you really love someone when you do the right thing for them IN YOUR OWN DAMN DREAMS.
          Shit Medusa, sounds like a crappy situation. My sympathies
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I am so over this previous employer still not giving me my back-pay, despite my hounding 3 different DM's, payroll, HR, and my (prior) direct supervisor for 7 months straight. I wish my anxiety wasn't so affected by the thought of court and civil authorities. >.< Why can't they just get on the ball with this and get it over with??

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
              Shit Medusa, sounds like a crappy situation. My sympathies
              Thanks. It's a really bad night. I'm going to make it all go away with some Bingo Blitz and sleeping pills.

Comment

Getting drunk just isn't my thing.

If I'm having a kick back with some buddies, loosening up with a couple of beers can make things more relaxed and fun, but getting super drunk has always been boring and frustrating to me. I don't like the numbness that comes over my body, I don't like feeling impaired, and I don't like feeling naseous. I can hold my shit pretty well, don't get me wrong. I never wind up stripping on some table or starting a fight with anybody. I've never even said something stupid that I regretted the next day, no matter how many shots of vodka or Sailor Jerry's unfolded throughout the night. I just really don't like how it feels to be drunk. Tipsy can be fun, but drunk? Naw.

I also really don't like when someone pressures me to get more intoxicated. It's so weird. Why do you care how much of a substance I put into my own body? Makes me uncomfortable. When it comes to something as personal and intimate as what I put into my own body to alter my own consciousness, I prefer a sense of autonomy.

Anyway, starting to sober up. I think I'm done with hard alcohol for a while. I just don't like it. It's boring and uncomfortable to me. Blech.

Comment

Some jackass hit my wife while she was driving last Monday. He tried to talk her into not calling the cops, then insisted she lie and say the passenger was actually driving. All these guys cared about was how they'd messed up their car and how they'd keep from getting caught. Fortunately, x-rays are showing no whiplash or bone damage or anything, but my wife's been in pain all week and still is a little today. I'm glad she's not lacking confidence like she used to be, though. I know she'll mercilessly pursue charges, including extra money for her pain and suffering, without feeling any remorse for those irresponsible assholes. But I still just hate, hate, hate seeing those I love in pain.
                  OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                  The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                  Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

My foot just slipped on the carpet and I just split my middle toe open. Blood on my jammies. And pain like you can't imagine. At least it's not broken. Yay. Not. Boo. hiss. sobs in the corner rocking my toe.

Comment

More frikken caffeine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        My foot just slipped on the carpet and I just split my middle toe open. Blood on my jammies. And pain like you can't imagine. At least it's not broken. Yay. Not. Boo. hiss. sobs in the corner rocking my toe.
                        OUCHY! It get the nail real bad? Those are the worst. Hope it feels good as new soon.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I've been sleeping terribly lately. I went to bed really late after thanksgiving dinner and after that I can't seem to sleep. Both last night and the night before I woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep.

Comment

this and this.
                            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                              OUCHY! It get the nail real bad? Those are the worst. Hope it feels good as new soon.
                              It opened up like the tip of my toe. I have a thick flap of skin I'm trying to keep attached to my toe. Neosporin and airing it out seems to have helped. I have to wear tennis shoes at work though since it's a hardware store. But I took out my inserts to make my shoe real loose. And I wrapped my toe up with a finger bandage. But I'm just letting it air out and try to dry up and seal up. It doesn't hurt because I can't feel my toes very well being Diabetic. So I just keep looking at it making sure it's not about to turn black and die!

Comment

I haven't been able to sleep well for a few weeks now. I have tried sleeping pills. Any suggestions??
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X