THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I have so much anger in me right now and I don't know how to channel it. I feel like sometimes I'm not in control of what surrounds me and it drives me crazy. I know I can't decide for others and I can't expect everyone to think like me but when certain daily situations just require common sense and people just don't seem to have it and it affects me directly, I get upset. I don't know if they do it on purpose or if they're just completely unaware of how their decisions affect those surrounding them, either way it's a freaking pain in the butt and sometimes I'd just like to shelter myself in a monastery and meditate and just try to escape all this crap around me but then I think that I will not be facing or changing anything at all and I will come back to the same thing over and over again.
    :^^: My Spiritual Journey blog: An Eclectic Wonderland :^^:

Comment

One of the freshman killed himself. They say people bullied him into doing it. He was a cute boy named Jack.
      Circe

Comment

It is official. With the exception of the one friend everyone likes (and me, because I'm pretty much guiless), every single one of my friends is ticked at every other one of my friends, and no one trusts anybody. I was up half the night mapping this out, I can prove it. There is no more friendship and no more trust, and I am staying out of all of it.

Comment

I've unraveled the same granny square 4 times now. It goes fine till the second level. Then it becomes some sort of granny trapezoid.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm at the end of my rope with this goddamned cat. I just have no idea how to deal with it.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Threaten to feed it to a nearby neighbor of asian descent. That's what I do whenever my cat start's being a little asshole. Shuts him right up and acting good again lol
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                Threaten to feed it to a nearby neighbor of asian descent. That's what I do whenever my cat start's being a little asshole. Shuts him right up and acting good again lol
                Not gonna work with this one. I didn't even really want to take him in but my sister was so heartbroken at the time that I felt painted in a corner. Now he's pissing on the carpet in my bedroom. I'd like to find a no kill shelter an drop his ass off there. He's a sweet cat. Very loving. But I can't deal with the smell. We already have 3 other cats, one of them being his litter sister (he and his three sibs were rescued by me when they were kittens). But who would want a cat that pees inside? I'm pretty sure he'd make a poor barn cat...and I do t have a barn.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                Sneak Attack

Comment

damn, that blows :/
                  Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                  Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                    Not gonna work with this one. I didn't even really want to take him in but my sister was so heartbroken at the time that I felt painted in a corner. Now he's pissing on the carpet in my bedroom. I'd like to find a no kill shelter an drop his ass off there. He's a sweet cat. Very loving. But I can't deal with the smell. We already have 3 other cats, one of them being his litter sister (he and his three sibs were rescued by me when they were kittens). But who would want a cat that pees inside? I'm pretty sure he'd make a poor barn cat...and I do t have a barn.
                    You don't have a litter box?

Also you might want to take him into the vet to be looked at. Usually cats will start urinating in unusual places if they are sick. Especially with something like a UTI.
                    It's their way of letting us know that something is wrong.
                    Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Agel View Post
                      You don't have a litter box?

Also you might want to take him into the vet to be looked at. Usually cats will start urinating in unusual places if they are sick. Especially with something like a UTI.
                      It's their way of letting us know that something is wrong.
                      It's also very common in cats who had a long-term residence somewhere and were moved to a new residence with new people. Stress for kitties. If that's the case, sometimes it's helpful to keep that one cat by themselves in a room that contains both their litter box and their food for several weeks (until they calm and get adjusted to the new sounds and smells); and then gradually introduce them to everyone else (humans and animals) that live in the house one-by-one. You may already know this, but I'll say it anyway.

Comment

Please, don't. I just wanted to rant. I've lived with cats my entire life.
                        Sneak Attack

Comment

So, my human kid is really friendly and generally well-liked, but he doesn't accept very many people as close friends. He's 12, and he says that me and his mom are his best friends. I'm really glad we're close, but he needs good friends his own age. Then, the other day, one of his good friend's dads totally goes off on my on my facebook wall for no good reason. Now I'm really worried that my kid can't be around his friend because this guy obviously has anger-management problems. And he already lost a good friend a couple of years back because her mom is ultra-conservative and stifles her - forbids her daughter to hang out with Methodists and Jews, so our family is basically a cult of satan-worshippers in her eyes. Damn it, dude! I've held my tongue so many times when you were a jerk because our kids are friends. Don't do this shit to our kids!
                          OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                          The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                          Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouranos Ouroboros View Post
                            So, my human kid is really friendly and generally well-liked, but he doesn't accept very many people as close friends. He's 12, and he says that me and his mom are his best friends. I'm really glad we're close, but he needs good friends his own age. Then, the other day, one of his good friend's dads totally goes off on my on my facebook wall for no good reason. Now I'm really worried that my kid can't be around his friend because this guy obviously has anger-management problems. And he already lost a good friend a couple of years back because her mom is ultra-conservative and stifles her - forbids her daughter to hang out with Methodists and Jews, so our family is basically a cult of satan-worshippers in her eyes. Damn it, dude! I've held my tongue so many times when you were a jerk because our kids are friends. Don't do this shit to our kids!
                            I'm so sorry. That kid's dad should definitely watch his anger. I hope that the two kids can still hang out with each other.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              I'm so sorry. That kid's dad should definitely watch his anger. I hope that the two kids can still hang out with each other.
                              Thank you. They'll see each other at the UU Sunday sermons (the mom, who is awesome, takes my son's friend and my wife says she's never seen the dad at anything but the pagan's group and hardly ever even then). But they probably won't be able to hang out outside of church until they're old enough to drive. Unfortunately, they don't attend the same school.
                              OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                              The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                              Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                                I see that you're used to cats, so I deleted what I posted.

My old kitty used to pee inside when he was stressed out. We found that Nature's Miracle spray worked well, but another product called "Dumb Cat" worked even better. Both have enzymes that react with the urine and break it down. It totally took out the smell. Whether you decide to keep him or send him to a shelter, it may help with the urinating he has already done

Comment

Working...
                                X