THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I really don't understand how the system works,on Social security I get a little over a $1000 a month. I am considered very low income. This is just me,a single person. I also pay $100 a month for medicare,but seldom use it because of the co-pay.(20%) this may seem low,but it can add up over time even for routine doctor visits. I don't know how what state you live in effects where you fall in their cut off points. It is strange to me at least that if you worked in a much lower paying job,you end up better off when older. My friend here only gets a bit more than $800 a month,but qualifies for a great deal more medical coverage. Good for him because he has many medical issues. This place is low income housing,without this housing I would be paying over 60% of my income for housing.
    It seems that some in the Gov think $1000 a month is a lot,but it must stretch to keep from going without food and other essentials.,and this WITH low income housing. I really feel for your situation,and the idea that if you divorced you would be better off. This happens with SS too,if a couple are both retired the man gets his full amount,and the wife only gets half. so many older people are "split" so they can get more money to live on.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

And people wonder why all us crazy people were so against this....I have work healthcare so it really doesn't harm me personally, but I knew it was going to be bad. The government can't balance its checkbook; do you really want them in control of your health insurance? It's harming the most vulnerable people and it really ticks me off.

Comment

I just fall back on calling it "corrupt".

I got yet another denial. One last appeal left. Depression has hit overdrive since county assistance is still nowhere to be seen, other than SNAP (food stamps). Which have been reduced, thanks to new federal limits. Medical Assistance (GMA), fortunately, I guess, covers my meds and bills 100%. Now if I could just get back some of the funds I paid into SS, I might be able to afford living. (Why can't I use food stamps to buy toilet paper? They'll help shovel it in but once it's digested you're on your own.)

Assets. Hobbies and interests. Travel and entertainment. Toys, even. They all have to be discarded and forgotten about. JUST to get enough assistance or subsidy to exist. Living isn't an option. Joyous celebration of life? Nope. Hopeless degradation and strife? Yup, government issue, all you can handle, plus some!

No wonder people turn to crime, for an income. It's what the system teaches. Sub-human, low-lifes don't deserve a helping hand.

Now, tell me class warfare doesn't exist. The system not only encourages class struggle, it depends on it!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I think that's what so many people touting this law missed. This isn't helping anyone. Its forcing people to lose more personal choice and fines them for making one. And it sure as hell isn't 'affordable.'

Comment

One large problem with any Gov program is it is based on something like a statistical average that seldom echos day to day reality. It does not consider human need,rather it is controlled by people that do not face these reality's on a day to day struggle to just keep their heads above water. The people that control the system will NEVER be in a situation where they will NEED the help.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My internet has been down since last night when I went to bed. It's now after 8pm and it's up. And I haz to go to bed soon.

Thankfully it came up in time to get to my e-mail. I had audio books on hold that are now available. First come, first serve!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just became very disillusioned by someone who I *thought* was a good friend... that is, until she and her boyfriend mysteriously "lost" my brother's car keys after they started tweaking again.

Looking back on it, our friendship was almost entirely built around me and my brother giving them shit all the time. They'd ask for rides, cigarettes, weed, booze, etc. etc. etc. Sometimes her boyfriend would even have the nerve to complain about how it wasn't good enough. He was so entitled about everything. Freaking obnoxious guy, actually. Nobody really liked him. I mostly put up with him because I was friends with his girlfriend (at least I thought I was. She knew how to charm me).

I really hate finding out that someone I previously trusted and enjoyed being around is actually a scummy little leech :/ Disillusionment isn't fun.
                On the other hand, everybody feels sort of relieved about it. I certainly do, even if it kinda sucks. At least they showed their true colors and we can just cut them out, now. I feel much lighter hearted, which is a sign that they weren't very good friends to begin with.

The only things that really worry me are that they
                #1 Have my brother's car keys (probably, anyway, it's hard to believe that she legitimately lost them after going into Mountain Mike's for ten goddamn minutes. Besides, things have disappeared around she and her sketchy boyfriend several times before)
                #2 Also have our house key, because it's attached to the keychain with the car key
                #3 She's probably going to spread a ton of fat rumors about us because she's a pretty big gossip.

Ah well, unpleasant reality is better than a toxic illusion.

Comment

Aaaargh Thanks Hobby Lobby. Just friggin thanks. I totally didn't need something you've been selling for the last several years at all for a commissions that's already been paid for. Not at all.
                  Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                  Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                    Aaaargh Thanks Hobby Lobby. Just friggin thanks. I totally didn't need something you've been selling for the last several years at all for a commissions that's already been paid for. Not at all.
                    What do you need? Maybe I can point you in the right direction?

Unrelated rant:

RESPOND TO MY GODDAMN TEXTS ALREADY FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                      What do you need? Maybe I can point you in the right direction?
                      It's the wooden book boxes that the spine slides out. I make tarot boxes out of them to hold people's decks, and I've got a commission for one, and the stores no longer carry them and the person in store told me that they were moving them out of production entirely. I'm hoping that the person its for doesn't mind a regular hinge box like her brother wanted, but it's still frustrating as all hell cause Micheal's doesn't carry them either
                      sigpic

Comment

It's the wooden book boxes that the spine slides out. I make tarot boxes out of them to hold people's decks, and I've got a commission for one, and the stores no longer carry them and the person in store told me that they were moving them out of production entirely. I'm hoping that the person its for doesn't mind a regular hinge box like her brother wanted, but it's still frustrating as all hell cause Micheal's doesn't carry them either
                        I had one of those, so I know exactly what you mean.

Here you go:

Not local of course, but available if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                          I had one of those, so I know exactly what you mean.

Here you go:

Not local of course, but available if you need it.
                          *winces at price* Thank you though. I'll figure out if they want me to do that, or if they just wanna change to the other box that was the same price as the original
                          sigpic

Comment

*winces at price* Thank you though. I'll figure out if they want me to do that, or if they just wanna change to the other box that was the same price as the original
                            Yeah, not the same as the Balsa wood ones they usually have at the craft store. I guess that depends on the commission price though. It's why I love digital art -- they can't discontinue my supplies.

*Edit*

Woodburning is super fun, though I only did it once seriously and now its a bit tainted. I decorated the box my husband built for his father's ashes. It's sort of weird to consider doing it now.

Comment

the ones I got weren't balsa wood, but I'm really not a fan of digital art. Others on here can tell you of my raging hatred of it lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Try sunshine crafters.com

The boxes are actually basswood, not balsa wood. Basswood is a very smooth grained white wood that is perfect for carving or wood burning, because the differing hardness in the grain doesn't screw up the work. Balsa wood is way, way to soft to make anything substantial of.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X