THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I like computer networks. I like share files. However, Grandma has a laptop where everything is a network share without knowing what that means.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

I'm not sure whether Microsoft defaults Windows 8 to SHARE IT ALL or my uncle set it up but I am less than thrilled. Granted most of the world doesn't know all the relevant passwords to use that quite as easily as I do but it's still failing to amuse me.
    Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I am going to punch heartburn in the face

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Try sunshine crafters.com

The boxes are actually basswood, not balsa wood. Basswood is a very smooth grained white wood that is perfect for carving or wood burning, because the differing hardness in the grain doesn't screw up the work. Balsa wood is way, way to soft to make anything substantial of.
        My mistake. I don't know much about crafting wood. I'm too busy pissing people off, apparently.

Comment

my phone is forcing me to finally update to the new iOS 7 (after three months of absolutely refusing). I plugged my phone in to add some music to it, it synced, erased my entire phone, and then prompted me for the new iOS install, and wouldn't let me do anything else. Well, crap.

And now it's saying it's gonna take 3 hours to download it, but my phone has to stay plugged in the whole time. Well....guess I'm going out today without a cell phone.

Bitches. Apple, you're a bunch of bitches.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
            My mistake. I don't know much about crafting wood. I'm too busy pissing people off, apparently.
            o.O I apologize if I gave the impression that you pissed me off, because that wasn't the case
            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

the new iOS is finally installed. I sent a text message, and it took 3% of my battery. One single text message. The new iOS is stupid.

I'm now in the market for an Android. Or maybe even a nokia.

Mostly art.

Comment

This Vol is why I seldom if ever update any OS,computer or phone. Or even a program....
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  This Vol is why I seldom if ever update any OS,computer or phone. Or even a program....
                  I didn't have a choice! I was trying to add some music to my phone, and as soon as I plugged in, the phone wiped clean and it prompted me for an update.

Mostly art.

Comment

I iz Homez ... -_-

Comment

There are times I truly hate my work... I've been told, and I quote, "We don't want you to hurt yourself, but you can't use your pregnancy as an excuse." ... because I was going slower than normal, because my hip has been killing me which I found out is because I have a pulled butt muscle. Basically, they said keep up or quit. If they cared about me not hurting myself they would have been fine with me slowing down a little when I was limping around the floor.
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        I didn't have a choice! I was trying to add some music to my phone, and as soon as I plugged in, the phone wiped clean and it prompted me for an update.

Mines been fine since the update. How weird.

Comment

I hate not being able to drive or have a job because of my darned seizures. I have epilepsy and unfortunately my grand mal seizures keep me from doing the things i want to do. In december I see a neurosurgeon about a possible surgery which might stop my seizures. Here's hoping.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Why is it that some people would rather just be wrong and sound stupid, than be gently told they are wrong so they can adjust and not make an ass out of themselves?

You'd rather what? Feel right than actually be right? Because that makes it all better. Fuck grammar. Fuck it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                              Why is it that some people would rather just be wrong and sound stupid, than be gently told they are wrong so they can adjust and not make an ass out of themselves?

You'd rather what? Feel right than actually be right? Because that makes it all better. Fuck grammar. Fuck it all.
                              I know, right? I had our local bookstore owner tell a customer the other day that 'hematite was ground up magnets'. As a geologist, I corrected her, and she said 'Uh, yeah okay, whatever" and then ignored me after.

You can be wrong all you want, lady. But you're stupid.

Mostly art.

Comment

I hate stupid people. When we took the girl child to the hospital this morning for her burn, and the woman doing the registration couldn't have been more dense. She randomly suggested putting toothpaste on the burn, mentioning that it was a "home remedy"... I thought, it's a second-degree burn. If I thought that would suffice to treat the blistering skin, I would not be here, would I? She asked her doctor's name, didn't recognize "Jeff" as a man's name, and asked if a local area was in a different county altogether. Did you JUST move here this morning? Have you been employed here since 7am?? Do you need someone to walk around with you and help you figure this out? Because this is the type of job that requires you know the zip code of the city you're in.

Then the actual nurse was so jumpy and jittery that I was sure she was on something. We couldn't understand anything she said, and she offered almost no information - we had to ask everything. How often does she get this medicine? How long does it need to stay bandaged? What is this other prescription for? She bandaged her hand only for me to have to point out three different areas she failed to put antibiotics on and to cover it with gauze.

Then we were handed two prescriptions from a doctor that never laid eyes on her.

I wanted to slap everyone in there today.

This is why I don't trust doctors at all. Years of experiences like this have made me sure that doctors don't care about fixing anything, and if they did, they wouldn't know what to do about it anyway. I'm convinced that they just throw crap at the wall and see what sticks, and rarely do they care if it makes any difference as long as you pay them and go away.

Comment

Working...
                                X