THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Last week I was late for work. I got docked some points. It's automatic. I waited for a bus that was over an hour late. Never happened before! Then my boss *regretfully and with much concern* tells me Friday not to be late anymore. That my points are close to having to call HR. If I get one more point etc etc. I could be let go. It's pretty cut and dry. So the very next day. THE VERY NEXT DAY!!!! I get on a bus at 7am. I'm taking an early bus just to make sure I get there on time and no problems. And I'm waiting at the train track for the train to pass. Five minutes. Ten minutes. One hour later and we are all stuck on the bus! I get out. I trek to find another way. But the train is long and it's blocked off street after street to get into the next city. I finally walk about 15 minutes to find an alt route. I get to work late 2 hours. I'm toast.

My boss doesn't say a word. The next day he brings me into the office and tells me he's NOT going to report it. I'm thankful and let him know I'm taking earlier busses just to make sure. He tells me he has scheduled me all week closing shifts so I have all that time to be early. Which helps.

Come to find that train was stuck on the tracks from about 7am till after 8pm. Screwing up traffic all over the place. He must have seen it on the news and felt bad.

Rant but with a happy ending. So for the next few months I'm taking earlier busses and just wait at work in the break room watching tv to start.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Damn bastard art kicked my ass. Gave up. Created photomanipulation. Close-a-fucking-nough.

Comment

One of my roommates is spreading lies about me behind my back, and I really don't know what to do about it. We have a setup with three bedrooms and a common area, and the walls are paper-thin. I can hear every word. Two nights ago she was ranting about me to another roommate while I was trying to get to sleep. I was just lying in my bed, listening to her rant to him, knowing she had no clue I could hear her. Tonight she is ranting about him, and I can hear that too. She is criticizing him behind his back for his desire to go to bed early tonight. Of all the petty things. UGH, this makes me so mad.
        She's done this several times before, too. She spreads lies about people. She talks about everyone behind their backs. You'll think you're her friend because she will rant to you about someone, but then she'll just turn on you as soon as you leave the room and rant to someone else about you. She has no shame. And these lies she spreads aren't even anywhere close to being true. Right now she's telling everyone that I am irresponsible and incompetent. I'll admit I could be called a lot of things, but those are none of them. In fact, not only do I do my job, but I also do hers for her a lot of the time, and sometimes other people's as well. I take care of business, and I get shit done. Irresponsible is something I am most definitely not.
        I am sick of this. She has pushed me to the brink of sanity. There are only so many times you can lie in bed, wanting nothing more than to just go to sleep, not being able to shut out the biting criticisms and false accusations of a girl who you thought was your friend. She has pushed me so far that I am even looking forward to going back home for Thanksgiving to a house where I know I will be abused. I used to be dreading that return trip. Now I would prefer it.
        How did life get this messed up?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale View Post
          One of my roommates is spreading lies about me behind my back, and I really don't know what to do about it. We have a setup with three bedrooms and a common area, and the walls are paper-thin. I can hear every word. Two nights ago she was ranting about me to another roommate while I was trying to get to sleep. I was just lying in my bed, listening to her rant to him, knowing she had no clue I could hear her. Tonight she is ranting about him, and I can hear that too. She is criticizing him behind his back for his desire to go to bed early tonight. Of all the petty things. UGH, this makes me so mad.
          She's done this several times before, too. She spreads lies about people. She talks about everyone behind their backs. You'll think you're her friend because she will rant to you about someone, but then she'll just turn on you as soon as you leave the room and rant to someone else about you. She has no shame. And these lies she spreads aren't even anywhere close to being true. Right now she's telling everyone that I am irresponsible and incompetent. I'll admit I could be called a lot of things, but those are none of them. In fact, not only do I do my job, but I also do hers for her a lot of the time, and sometimes other people's as well. I take care of business, and I get shit done. Irresponsible is something I am most definitely not.
          I am sick of this. She has pushed me to the brink of sanity. There are only so many times you can lie in bed, wanting nothing more than to just go to sleep, not being able to shut out the biting criticisms and false accusations of a girl who you thought was your friend. She has pushed me so far that I am even looking forward to going back home for Thanksgiving to a house where I know I will be abused. I used to be dreading that return trip. Now I would prefer it.
          How did life get this messed up?
          That sounds awful, Night. I hope things get better, for you :/ I'm so sorry that you can't even be comfortable going to bed in your own dorm room. That girl sounds very immature.

I'm not totally sure, but I think that someone might be spreading rumors behind my back. I saw an acquaintance of mine discussing how a "careless, half-shaved, blue haired lil' girl" messed with her bf and hurt her relationship. There are only so many half shaved, blue haired girls running around our social circles, and it makes me wonder if an ex-friend who I recently cut out of my life might be starting shit about me. Of course, I don't even know this chick's boyfriend. I saw him for about 30 seconds, once. That's about it. I definitely didn't come onto him or anything. Of course, she could be describing somebody else, it's just that there aren't many chicks with my hairstyle around here. No way of knowing unless I get confronted, though. I'll just keep my nose out of it unless it becomes very clear that said lil' girl is me.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
            That sounds awful, Night. I hope things get better, for you :/ I'm so sorry that you can't even be comfortable going to bed in your own dorm room. That girl sounds very immature.

I'm not totally sure, but I think that someone might be spreading rumors behind my back. I saw an acquaintance of mine discussing how a "careless, half-shaved, blue haired lil' girl" messed with her bf and hurt her relationship. There are only so many half shaved, blue haired girls running around our social circles, and it makes me wonder if an ex-friend who I recently cut out of my life might be starting shit about me. Of course, I don't even know this chick's boyfriend. I saw him for about 30 seconds, once. That's about it. I definitely didn't come onto him or anything. Of course, she could be describing somebody else, it's just that there aren't many chicks with my hairstyle around here. No way of knowing unless I get confronted, though. I'll just keep my nose out of it unless it becomes very clear that said lil' girl is me.
            Thanks, I appreciate it

I'm sorry someone might be spreading lies about you too. If anyone else here has advice for dealing with immature people, that would be great. It seems like both of us need it.

Comment

I love my kid, but she is a walking germ dispenser. And why in the hell is this cold 200 times harder on me than it was on her? She sniffled for two day and it was over. I feel like I may perish. WOE IS ME.

(I'm fine, but the complaining makes me feel better)

Comment

I am having a really terrible, no good night. And now I'm embarrassed and ashamed and I just want to delete a bunch of posts....
                Last edited by MaskedOne; 19 Nov 2013, 20:10. Reason: removed text per user request
                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post

I am having a really terrible, no good night. And now I'm embarrassed and ashamed and I just want to delete a bunch of posts....
                  I'm not currently planning post deletions but as a useful trick for the future. Unless something has changed, the poor man's deletion methods are as follows

1) if within 5 minutes, edit the post, delete the text and put in a message to the effect of "nothing to see here, move along".

2) If within an hour and no one has replied, post a reply to your last comment. The site will automerge your most recent post with the one right before. Once automerge has taken place, you can edit the entire post including the portion that was posted more than five minutes ago. At this time, delete the text and put in "nothing to see here, move along". Note this trick only works if the second post gets up before anyone posts a reply. Once a reply is up to separate your post and the one before it, automerge does not occur.

Hmm, change of position. I have no intention of deleting your posts in the other thread because conversation accounts for them already. I am willing to modify you post in this section if you want.
                  Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    I'm not currently planning post deletions but as a useful trick for the future. Unless something has changed, the poor man's deletion methods are as follows

1) if within 5 minutes, edit the post, delete the text and put in a message to the effect of "nothing to see here, move along".

2) If within an hour and no one has replied, post a reply to your last comment. The site will automerge your most recent post with the one right before. Once automerge has taken place, you can edit the entire post including the portion that was posted more than five minutes ago. At this time, delete the text and put in "nothing to see here, move along". Note this trick only works if the second post gets up before anyone posts a reply. Once a reply is up to separate your post and the one before it, automerge does not occur.

Hmm, change of position. I have no intention of deleting your posts in the other thread because conversation accounts for them already. I am willing to modify you post in this section if you want.

Ah, I didn't know you could trigger being able to edit again by a second post merging with the first. Thank you, good to know.

Yeah, things worked out. Still embarrassing, but its leveled out.

If you could remove the big chunk of text in that post in this thread, I'd appreciate it.. Its.... A little too personal.....

Comment

Not a problem. Text pulled and you might test the merge and edit trick before taking my word for it. I know I could do it before becoming a mod but site software has been patched, upgraded and reconfigured a couple times since then and staff don't from suffer time limits on our editing powers.
                      Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Not a problem. Text pulled and you might test the merge and edit trick before taking my word for it. I know I could do it before becoming a mod but site software has been patched, upgraded and reconfigured a couple times since then and staff don't from suffer time limits on our editing powers.
                        awesome, I'll awkwardly try it out right now lol... And thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

so, you know, can I edit this? lets learn!

EDIT: OH Gosh, I can! Coolio.

Comment

Ugh my boyfriend is so stubborn sometimes!

We want to visit my hometown on Vancouver Island in a couple of years. While there, he really wants to do some hiking. That's not really a problem...the area is FULL of world class hiking. The problem is that he neither wants to backtrack nor do a round trip trail. The area isn't super developed and I find that pretty IMPOSSIBLE. There are only trails that go one way and then back or round-trip trails. And since the whole area isn't really developed, it's not like there is usually a town or road on the other side of a one-way trail. He wants to do this one trail that's in a really isolated area (only accessible by boat) and then hike through the forest by this river to the other trail on the other side. I keep telling him that without a trail, you can get SERIOUSLY EFFING LOST. I grew up hearing constant news reports of tourists (mostly from Europe...now I understand why) who got in over their head and had to be rescued. It's something that only serious mountaineers can undertake. On the map it just looks like a river, but it runs next to a GLACIER and "river" in BC doesn't really mean the same thing as "river" in Europe...our rivers are wilder and are often full of falls, ie there are sheer drops, canyons, rapids, and some other serious dangers. It's not like you just bushwack for a bit on and then end up on the other side!

I really don't feel comfortable doing it, but he's convinced we can. I know this is all hypothetical and we want to go in a couple of years, but when we can't find a hike to do, he doesn't want to go at all. I'd really like to visit home and I really don't just want to go on my own. I'd love to show him where I'm from and do some outdoorsy stuff. I think that once he's there and if he would just COMPROMISE and trust me, he could really have fun. It's just that his concept of "hiking" and "trail" is based on here and maybe the Alps and it's DIFFERENT there. He calls a round-trip trail "something for Omas" but some of those trails are only done by serious hikers (I'm thinking of one in particular that has an easy beginning, but all of the grandmothers drop off at the beginning and the three-day hike is only suitable for experienced backpack hikers).

I don't know how to convince him, because he is so stubborn and wants to think what he wants to think. I just don't want to get lost in the mountains where there is NO ONE and have to be rescued by helicopter (or die, which isn't all that impossible either).

Comment

It's a lot to ask of me to be as warm and accepting as I was initially towards this woman. I know she and my friends and boyfriend have a history together, I accept that. I liked her when she was open and real with me but ever since then she's been dancing away from sight. I don't trust her. I don't like her. And you cannot force me to do so in my own house when she's had smuts with my boyfriend before and now is only around to sink her hooks into another roommate. I will not apologize for ignoring her -- because if I didn't ignore her then I would surely have something to apologize for.

That being said, Dear Roommate, I don't care what whore you wish you bone but could you at LEAST do it at her place every now and then? The two of you sleeping all over the living room until the late afternoon is starting to make me feel homicidal and if you don't want me to scoot all her shit on the ground again maybe you should start paying attention to the grumpy bear who is tired of being in the basement in her own damn house.
                            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

@DanieMarie. Have your bf ever gone hicking in Northern Norway or Greenland? Or even Iceland for that matter?
                              Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

He's been biking in Northern Norway, but believe me, that's not the same as backcountry hiking in Canada (or Norway or Greenland for that matter). His biking trip involved existing roads, which is significantly different than hiking through wilderness without a trail or route. It's some serious mountaineering that isn't for people who don't do that stuff on a regular basis. He's been hiking in the Alps, but I've been there and I really don't think that's the same thing either. The Alps are pretty populated for a big mountain chain.

Luckily, he read a bunch of blogs and forum posts written by serious hikers that said it's not the world's best idea. I suppose if he wouldn't listen to me, the internet is there to tell him it's a terrible idea. He found a couple of other, more manageable hikes that we could do. One is the West Coast Trail, which I am fairly familiar with, as several friends have done it. The other I'm not too sure about because it terminates at a camping resort for rich people and the only way out is by water taxi. He thinks this won't be a problem, but being from the area, I know that "water taxi" means "private boat service that costs you $200+." Plus, you have to cross a waterfall on a fallen cedar log and I'm afraid of heights (I know...it's a serious problem for a hiker!)

I think it's hard to explain this stuff to a German. I mean, there are parts of the country where you can probably get lost for days, but if you keep walking in one direction, you'll get -somewhere- eventually. We went bike riding in Mecklenbourg, which is the least populated part of the country and there is a lot of forest land up there. BUT I can say with confidence that, if given a compass and some camping gear, I could navigate it fairly easily. I cannot say the same thing for most of my home country.

I'm going to have to teach him how to hang food and stuff up in trees, because I'm also pretty sure he doesn't understand bear and animal safety...luckily I do.

I don't even know why this came up or we made such a big deal of it though...we're not even going for at least a year and a half. By then the Island Spine Trail might be done, which fulfills his original wish to hike the entire length of Vancouver Island.

Comment

Working...
                                X