THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Glad I can still get onto this site - after MS's latest updates, I can't access some - including my bank. I hate all this stuff.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Oh dear Loki. I'm dying. I'm like dying over here. While at work last night, I started feeling sleepy. Like I could not keep my eyes open. I figured it was low sugar since it was about 5 hours since I last ate (bagel). Yeah. Should have had more. Meh. Anywho. I didn't want to eat since I had a tummy ache. Trying to raise your sugar when you don't want to eat? Try feeding a toddler brocoli. Like that. I opted for a cold can of coke. I don't feel good all the ride home. I tell my friend, who gives me a ride home, I'm going to throw up when I get home. And sure enough. Soon as I get out of the car, I run upstairs and blow the entire bathroom into hell. My vomit hits the toilet. The sink. The walls. The floor. The curtains. My robe. My nighty. My socks! I strip off everything and get on my hands and knees to clean it all up. Like it's dripping! Sorry too much info for days. I wipe it down with those Clorox wipes. I crawl into bed. I can't get warm. I'm shivering. Though I'm hot to the touch. I'm pretty sure I have a high fever and I'm about to fry my brain. I wrap myself up in blankets, extra blankets, a fleece hoodie, a beanie and turn up the space heater. My body now feels like shit. But I feel my body temp is back to normal. I figured I came down with something that just took my body into a fight mode. Now my entire body is sore and rubbed down with Ben Gay. You know how after you vomit hard, your sides and back are sore? My whole body feels like that.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yucko. Feel better snake lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          Oh dear Loki. I'm dying. I'm like dying over here. While at work last night, I started feeling sleepy. Like I could not keep my eyes open. I figured it was low sugar since it was about 5 hours since I last ate (bagel). Yeah. Should have had more. Meh. Anywho. I didn't want to eat since I had a tummy ache. Trying to raise your sugar when you don't want to eat? Try feeding a toddler brocoli. Like that. I opted for a cold can of coke. I don't feel good all the ride home. I tell my friend, who gives me a ride home, I'm going to throw up when I get home. And sure enough. Soon as I get out of the car, I run upstairs and blow the entire bathroom into hell. My vomit hits the toilet. The sink. The walls. The floor. The curtains. My robe. My nighty. My socks! I strip off everything and get on my hands and knees to clean it all up. Like it's dripping! Sorry too much info for days. I wipe it down with those Clorox wipes. I crawl into bed. I can't get warm. I'm shivering. Though I'm hot to the touch. I'm pretty sure I have a high fever and I'm about to fry my brain. I wrap myself up in blankets, extra blankets, a fleece hoodie, a beanie and turn up the space heater. My body now feels like shit. But I feel my body temp is back to normal. I figured I came down with something that just took my body into a fight mode. Now my entire body is sore and rubbed down with Ben Gay. You know how after you vomit hard, your sides and back are sore? My whole body feels like that.
          Ugh. My heart goes out to you. I hate and dread catching plagues like those.

Rant: This dog is a sweetheart. She's playful and friendly, and she's pretty cute. But she's driving me IN. SANE. She belongs to the neighbors at the end of the complex (or whatever you call a group of townhouses) and she is always outside. She used to be tied up in the backyard most of the day and night, and she would bark and bark and bark just constantly. That was bad enough. But then she started to get out of their backyard. The first time I saw her playing in the street, I took her home and let her know her dog had found a way out of the fence. Tried to be nice about it, but at that point, I was already irritated by the fact that the dog was loud all the time, so I kept that visit as short as possible.
          But now that dog is in the street, barking at everything or nothing, most of the day and often at night. I don't know if they intend to keep the damn thing or if they're hoping it gets run over, but it's driving everyone nuts. It scared some man walking down the street (that surely wasn't aware that she wouldn't have hurt him) and he turned and bolted down the street. The guy across the road from us had to chase it off this morning while he was working in his yard. And I heard a woman yelling at it to get out of her yard this afternoon.
          I'm thinking of calling... what do you call it? Animal Control? ... because it has a collar and it seems reasonable to assume they wouldn't just take it to the shelter as much as deliver the dog to her owner or call them to have the dog picked up. I hate to risk it, but the poor thing is in danger running around as it is.

Comment

HOLY HEL. Writing a paper about dark matter for my astronomy class... I don't even know how I'm suppose to when all i get from the academic journals are "there is more unknown than know" which translates to " we really have no idea what the hell this stuff is". On that note, anybody got any idea what a liquid xenon time projection chamber is? No? good, cause I don't either!

They told me this class was for those who lacked a strong background in science... they lied...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris the Bold View Post
              HOLY HEL. Writing a paper about dark matter for my astronomy class... I don't even know how I'm suppose to when all i get from the academic journals are "there is more unknown than know" which translates to " we really have no idea what the hell this stuff is". On that note, anybody got any idea what a liquid xenon time projection chamber is? No? good, cause I don't either!

They told me this class was for those who lacked a strong background in science... they lied...
              The liquid xenon time projection chamber is the gadget in the TARDIS that the Doctor always has to reverse the polarity on so that timey wimey will remain wibbly wobbly... ish...
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                The liquid xenon time projection chamber is the gadget in the TARDIS that the Doctor always has to reverse the polarity on so that timey wimey will remain wibbly wobbly... ish...
                Lol I had to google that (I don't watch doctor who). It would seem they're actually building one, though its to detect WIMP's (which are a particle that could be dark matter). Thank you for the input though, my professor may appreciate the reference

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                  I'm thinking of calling... what do you call it? Animal Control? ... because it has a collar and it seems reasonable to assume they wouldn't just take it to the shelter as much as deliver the dog to her owner or call them to have the dog picked up. I hate to risk it, but the poor thing is in danger running around as it is.
                  If you call Animal Control, they will probably take the dog back to them. If it happens more than once though, they likely will eventually a) give them a citation and b) take the dog away...not necessarily in that order, and it varies how many times one has to call.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

It seems like all I do these days is rant... le sigh.

Why is it that when you offer help to someone then that person thinks you could do never ending favors for him/her? Especially when he/she clearly can do things by himself/herself!
                    :^^: My Spiritual Journey blog: An Eclectic Wonderland :^^:

Comment

So I haven't eaten well since Wed when I got food poisoning from bad summer sausage. I've nibbled on stuff. I come home at about 11:30pm. Have my friend Chris drive me through McDonald's drive through. I order a quarter pounder combo. I havent' had a burger in forever and rarely go to McDonald's.

Come home.
                      Unwrap food.
                      Sandwich is meh.
                      Fries are over done and cold.

It all goes into the trash.

I'm eating raspberries and Ritz crackers I found in the back of the cabinet.

booo.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Come Home. Walk through door. Spider suddenly in my hair. Freakattack. Slapping own face. Spider falls. Foot stomps on already dead spider 20 times.

Comment

Plagues. Everywhere.

I'm expecting zombies, next!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Just found some zombies!
                            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                            And planted firm Britannia's flag
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            And joined in love together,
                            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                              Come Home. Walk through door. Spider suddenly in my hair. Freakattack. Slapping own face. Spider falls. Foot stomps on already dead spider 20 times.
                              Haha, no worries. I talk to the spiders for a sense of unity with them in vain hope that they won't do EXACTLY THAT.
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

In two hours I have... half a page written. I am not a productive person
                                They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                                Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                                -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X