Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=8.msg14636#msg14636 date=1290099961]
    So...this place I'm at for the remainder of the week... It has wifi, but its "broken". If you're a business, and part of your business is provoding wifi to your patrons, "broken" isn't a good status to have said wifi in. Especially when its been like that since Monday. For the love of all that is techy, at least turn the damn router off so that it doesn't taunt me with its "excellent" signal. This is so disappointing. Especially since my phone(s) don't get a good signal in this concrete cave. This intermitten - barely one bar - crap is enough to make me go crazy. I should have brought a dvd.
    [/quote]

Yikes...that's even worse then mine :P

*hugs*
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

That is all.
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

*still steaming

TWO smites?!?! Someone needs to die! A slow and painful death!

Wait. Life IS a slow and painful death. Nevermind.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I despise packing to move! But for some reason I am actually being an organized mover this time! But still...the thought of spending all my time off work packing sucks

Comment

Sorry I'm not good enough for anything. *profusely punches a pillow*
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

[quote author=Caelia link=topic=8.msg14834#msg14834 date=1290145389]
              Sorry I'm not good enough for anything. *profusely punches a pillow*
              [/quote]

You are only as good as you believe yourself to be.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=8.msg14838#msg14838 date=1290147373]
                You are only as good as you believe yourself to be.
                [/quote]

Well, shit.

No wonder I have so much friggin trouble with humility. >

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

People who spend over 200 bucks on junk food at the store then get mad when there 50 cent coupon off a box of oatmeal is expired and decide not to get it.

Comment

[quote author=Tetsuya link=topic=8.msg15050#msg15050 date=1290214317]
                    People who spend over 200 bucks on junk food at the store then get mad when there 50 cent coupon off a box of oatmeal is expired and decide not to get it.
                    [/quote]

is that as bad as someone trying to buy a fancy tin with a handle on it full of candy with food stamps? saw that once, pissed me off.. though I was glad they couldn't get it.... just the idiocy of them thinking my tax money gets them anything. No, you get essentials dammit. feed your kids real food. or give me my tax money back so I can feed my own damn family.
                    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

People should eat better, yes...but it's pretty darn hard to eat well when all you have is a little food stamp money. The best way to make that money stretch? Usually junk food and hot dogs, as disgusting as it is.

I buy candy for my kids sometimes, using the food stamp card. It's the only way they'd get candy right now...besides mooching of their grandmother.

Or would your rather food stamp users lived off of rice and breakfast cereal, in penance for being so poor as to need the system?

Past that, I'm backing out, because this is the Rant thread, and will from here on out, respect the rant, judgmental though I think it is.

Comment

my point is that my wife and i struggle hard and we have to stretch our money to be able to afford crap, we have forever been stuck at the level of making too much money to get assistance but not making enough to survive.

we've even applied for income restricted apartments before, they said we make too much money. we then went to the cheapest non income restricted apartments we could find and they told us we didn't make enough.

And i'm not trying to say that its wrong to get your kids a treat every now and then. but this lady wanted this candy in a nice little tin that looked like a small lunchbox. and she threw a fit because it wasn't allowed but regular candy was.

also I've heard stories around here like my coworker going and getting groceries and as he walks out to put his groceries in his broken down stationwagon, he sees the black lady that was in line paying with food stamps that had gold teeth walking out to her brand new looking pimped out cadillac with chrome rims. there are people that try to take advantage of it. thats what i'm ranting about.

i mean no offense to people that actually need it theres just too many people out there that dont and take advantage of the system while people that need it have to suffer.

another rant on the same topic. yes, race does play into it. I knew someone that submitted the same application twice. once saying she was white, and got denied. submitted SAME EXACT application and marked hispanic. Approved, next day. Our government needs to realize reverse discrimination is still discrimination
                        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Dude, it's your rant. Whatever.

I understand and respect your situation, being in a similar one myself.

Past this, I'm not touching it, even if I disagree. Strongly.

Comment

The advice for staying in a long distance relationship that I can find on google is fucking rubbish. Basically, apparently all it takes to stay in love is to not go around and screw other guys. Oh yeah, and talk. Well...I can think of some places Google can shove itself.

I haven't heard his voice in like, six goddamned weeks. And I can count the number of times we've talked on MSN on ONE hand, because he doesn't like to be on the computer. He can take his emails and shove that, too. I don't know why I thought dating was a good idea. I'm not meant to be in love. I get more excited about seeing my cat everyday than I do about responding to another fucking email.

And because this forum is PG and I'm going to get in trouble for the number of times I've said "fuck" in this post....fuck. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Hmph.

Mostly art.

Comment

*stops the word police and tells them to go fuck themselves.

PG = Partially Graphic. Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck!

Comment

What?
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X