Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Thanks guys. We don't want to all surround her. I know how that can freak people out. We are there for her. And one friend is talking with her now. We might rotate. She's just had such a crappy time this year. Makes my lonely little life over here feel not so bad. At least all the people I love are already dead. :=I:
    Speaking as one of the messy people, though not bi-polar, this sounds like the best plan in such a situation. Far too often when people want to help, they crowd. I know it's done from the best possible intentions, but it can all too easily escalate the situation rather than alleviate it.
    So from another occational mess, I thank you for taking an intelligent approach.

And I'm sorry to hear that last bit Medusa , but what about us here? Or are we just those irritating people that keeps you alive, simply so you can keep annoying us
    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Having Wisdomteeth growing in seriously sucks!!! I'm about ready to get out one of my Son's old baby teething rings and a bottle of ibuprofen >_>

Comment

I feel terrible today and the clock is moving sooooo slowly...

Comment

I haven't been able to sleep through the night in two weeks or more. I'm exhausted.

Mostly art.

Comment

My husband's work has been neglecting to give him hours for the past month or so and have only been offering him random 2-hour shifts when someone calls out sick, on the day with no prior warning, as his only source of income. Turns out they are trying to get rid of him by claiming he hasn't worked for x amount of time.

The reasoning is ridiculous, he has done absolutely nothing wrong and up until very recently they were trying to get him to accept a management position. But because the occasional management team in retail is corrupt and accepts bribes (literally, the new hires have been buying the store manager gift cards and in return she gives them more hours), he has been getting pushed out of employment. It's infuriating, especially because he is suffering for something that is not his fault. I hate to see him internalize it like this and all I can do is remind him that it's not his fault, sometimes humans are flawed and they can just go suck a duck and we'll just have to start looking for something that's a better fit. But it's still a bit of a low blow.

The positivist in me is saying that it's a sign that he is ready to start looking for a job that is more oriented toward his career choice. The realist in me is saying... shit happens and we'll just have to wait and see what comes of it.

I can't believe how cruel people are sometimes. Why is it so hard to think of other people? At least be straight about what's going on with us, we weren't born in a cave with 1/4 of a brain or anything! All we were asking for was 1-2 shifts per week minimum...

Comment

Can I get just 1 freaking day where when I watch the news where no one shoots someone...Just caught the news about a school shooting in Colorado......
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Will I keep making the same mistakes over and over again?

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

You guys here def make me feel less lonely. I need to bug someone!

Rant: I want to bury my head in the sand and DIE. DIE I TELLS YA!

I get to work. I work retail at a tool store. A very popular and busy tool store. Harbor Freight Tools. Anyone shopped there knows just how busy we are DAILY let alone holiday time.

I get to work. We had our IT person/team do an update. Now I don't blame them per say. Because I know when you do this, it's actual voodoo going on. ALL of the registers in every.single.store. across the country are down. Not up. Down. That means we each have to use a scanner and share with the person next to us to find a price on an item. And then manually print this on a piece of paper. Attach any coupons. Figure the total, the coupon disount and the tax. Then ask the customer if they have an e-mail so we can e-mail the receipt to them. Then explain only CASH and have everyone mad at us. Asking the same question over and over. I had one customer with a basket of over 20 items. I had to hand write out.

And then...the handle in the women's restroom broke. And I had to go and replace it.

Friday the 13th. Y U so mean to me? I'm a Satanist! You are supposed to give me good luck dang it!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I quit everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                      I have my own space...it's my little tiny closet sized office. But I have to agree that sleeping together is a good thing. It does take some getting used to, but eventually the touching won't wake you. Hell, we have to bash each other if someone is snoring to wake them up.
                      Hubby and I have had separate bedrooms for over 20 years.

It's not about touching.

It's because for the first 4 years of our marriage I couldn't sleep. He snores like a mythical beast of epic proportions. When we could afford a house ... I moved into the guest room ... we now have 2 master suites and we've been married for close to 30 years....

I would not trade him in for anything he's my life, my soul, my love....but the dude snores like a dang on train with the whistle blowing.

Comment

I now work retail. I f***ing hate my life.

But I'm employed?

Mostly art.

Comment

Pagan message boards where non-deist come and make fun of the pagans. And it's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                            Pagan message boards where non-deist come and make fun of the pagans. And it's ok.
                            I think you might mean non-theists. We don't have many member that are deists. Also, this is a multi-faith forum that emphasizes Paganism, not idolizes it. No one was "making fun" of anyone in that thread. Careful criticism of ideas are welcome here, provided they don't become personal attacks.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              I think you might mean non-theists. We don't have many member that are deists. Also, this is a multi-faith forum that emphasizes Paganism, not idolizes it. No one was "making fun" of anyone in that thread. Careful criticism of ideas are welcome here, provided they don't become personal attacks.
                              At least not any that claim deism, though I think that perhaps a number of pantheists and panentheists might have been led to such paths via the concept of deism (I'm not as familiar with the definition of this one but I believe it involves that "looking at the natural world is enough to prove the existence of a higher power?")
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I hate when someone confuses my anxiety for cowardice and my absent mindedness for stupidity. There's a big difference.
                                As a matter of fact, it's taken a lot of courage for me to get through my day to day life because I have anxiety. There was a period of a year or so where I couldn't even go to a movie with friends without feeling like I was going to stop breathing and die almost the whole time. But you know what? I kept on going out and facing it again and again and again. I didn't have to. I could have dropped out of high school and hidden away in my house all day, but I had enough courage to face my fears every single day.
                                But, you know what? Just because some people don't recognize that doesn't mean that it isn't a valid part of me. Nobody understands you as well as you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X