Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    My mother used to say you lost a tooth for each child you had. Because. Let's face it. They are little face huggers in disguise. Sucking up all your strength till they burst from your....eh...well my mother used to say you lost a tooth for each child you had.
    I lost a tooth with my first one, had to get a root canal with the second, and who knows what they will be able to do for it now? And I had one break before I even knew I was pregnant this time, and the dentist confirmed I will have to have it extracted or get another root canal, so...

yeah, my experience supports this theory.

Comment

She also said, and I've seen this confirmed actually, your hair gets..I dunno..finer? Limper?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        She also said, and I've seen this confirmed actually, your hair gets..I dunno..finer? Limper?
        I swear I grew more hair and kept it. I'm like a damn lion. I got some cavities, but nothing serious, and that's probably more due to the bad previous dentist than the kid. My gums bled while I was pregnant, but that was pretty minor. And I did have some stuff while I was preggers, but that all went away afterwards.

The only thing I still have is some stretch marks and a kid. I'm a tiger. Grrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          Totally. I always stress how wonderful my school was (at least when I went there....I'm not sure whether or not it has changed in the last 12 years), even though it had average standardized test scores. We had great teachers who taught us to -learn-. Many of them taught the value of critical thinking and how to question and argue things. I'm sure a lot of that was lost on a lot of students, but it served me very well. A lot of other graduates who went on to university didn't feel the same shock that some first year university students felt, because they actually knew how to think critically, make arguments, and present ideas.
          I have some very fond memories of high school. The few teachers that I got along with and the half a dozen classes that challenged me, combined to outweigh the drug-induced haze and alcoholic stupor that the rest of high school was lost in. Looking back at my grades, from there, it is easy to see what classes I enjoyed and which ones bored or annoyed me. Most classes had a barely passing grade, at best. But some few were aced - straight A's. Like literature, the sciences and anything to do with writing or language. I think you nailed it, with critical thinking, expression and debates.

It's fairly obvious, now that you mention it, my favorite classes required my favorite skills, including puzzle-solving (with both animal and human behaviors).

Sorta makes me glad I didn't sleep through more of them. Geez, was I ever dumb!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My fucking computer has a virus and i didn't even click or download anything.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
              My fucking computer has a virus and i didn't even click or download anything.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck
              Download Avast. It'll fix you right up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                Download Avast. It'll fix you right up.
                It won't let me click on anything. As soon as it gets to my desktop and I try, it freezes and even my nerdy boyfriend couldn't figure it out because it's Windows 8 and there's no way to push F2 and get to the startup menu to manually override. It's fucking ruined
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

look up the model online, if F2 doesn't work there should be an alternate option available
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                    I swear I grew more hair and kept it. I'm like a damn lion. I got some cavities, but nothing serious, and that's probably more due to the bad previous dentist than the kid. My gums bled while I was pregnant, but that was pretty minor. And I did have some stuff while I was preggers, but that all went away afterwards.

The only thing I still have is some stretch marks and a kid. I'm a tiger. Grrrr.

And my fingernails grew like mad!

The only thing I still have is carpal tunnel and about 25 lbs.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

ARg...I want to order concert tickets, but ticketmaster won't let me pay.

Comment

Christmas songs for 8 hours every day. I'm actually fine with most of them.

Silent Night: okay. Deck the Halls: okay. Jingle Bells: okay. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree: okay. Winter Wonderland: okay. Any Christmas carol sung by Frank Sinatra: okay.

Marshmallow World, Christmas Angel, and We Need a Little Christmas: by the gods, someone shoot me in the foot NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Hekla View Post
                          Christmas songs for 8 hours every day. I'm actually fine with most of them.

Silent Night: okay. Deck the Halls: okay. Jingle Bells: okay. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree: okay. Winter Wonderland: okay. Any Christmas carol sung by Frank Sinatra: okay.

Marshmallow World, Christmas Angel, and We Need a Little Christmas: by the gods, someone shoot me in the foot NOW.
                          There's paperwork involved. I bill people for unauthorized shootings of PF members. Granted a foot isn't really fatal so it doesn't really complicate access to my supply of souls/sanity to stick on pizza but as a matter of principle, unauthorized PF member shootings acquire bills.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            There's paperwork involved. I bill people for unauthorized shootings of PF members. Granted a foot isn't really fatal so it doesn't really complicate access to my supply of souls/sanity to stick on pizza but as a matter of principle, unauthorized PF member shootings acquire bills.
                            Damn, sorry Hekla, was gunna help you, but I'm not one to go against a Mod. Especially one who doesn't give second chances lol
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              Hm, I will just have to shock the offending musical parties then with Force Lightning. Thanks for the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Hekla View Post
                                Hm, I will just have to shock the offending musical parties then with Force Lightning. Thanks for the idea!
                                You could always be creative and modify the offending ones as you sing along out loud. Figure something like Christmas Chimes are calling Santa, Santa into something like Hear the Ravens calling, Odin, Odin every heart recalling Odin, Odin. Come on all Great Father look upon and see... you get the idea.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X