THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Thing is, I'm not offended by the Christian carols (unless the musician in question did an especially poor job of it). It's just specific songs, like We Need a Little Christmas that get under my skin. Especially one version that's so annoying, I wish I were deaf, just for the duration of it.

There are songs I ad-lib though. On our normal radio, I have developed snide remarks that I insert into some of the songs. I'd still rather take traditional Christmas carols over the pop crap on the normal radio though. And none of the "need Christmas"s or anything recorded after the 1940s really. Unless we start playing metal (at least the traditional/classic genre), then those various metal carols would be welcomed.

Comment

I hate things. Especially things emotion shaped or school essay shaped
      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
        Damn, sorry Hekla, was gunna help you, but I'm not one to go against a Mod. Especially one who doesn't give second chances lol
        Hey, I give second chances sometimes. The first chance is whatever happens before I stick my nose into an issue. The second is after I comment.

Third chances, now....

Do I look like Santa Claus? How many chances do people expect?
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm having some really bad back pain. Not sure if I pulled a muscle or if this is labor starting but it hurts like hell and I'm hating it. Can't even sleep.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            Hey, I give second chances sometimes. The first chance is whatever happens before I stick my nose into an issue. The second is after I comment.

Third chances, now....

Do I look like Santa Claus? How many chances do people expect?

During the season of giving? Probably an unlimited number.

Or, could be waiting for me to blow a gasket. That amuses some folks.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
              My fucking computer has a virus and i didn't even click or download anything.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck
              Do a google search for bootable CD iso's,a lot of them have anti virus programs. You burn them to a CD then you can boot from the CD. This way no virus boots and you can use the anti virus progs without actully booting windows. They are also called live CD iso files(search for live CD also) Some commercial one are also free.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                During the season of giving? Probably an unlimited number.

Or, could be waiting for me to blow a gasket. That amuses some folks.

You do pull off amusing explosions and I don't expect to ever match your creative uses of english.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

This is the worst hangover of my life. Damn you, fruity red sangria! Y U TASTE LIKE PUNCH?

I am weak, practically shaking, have a headache the size of Jupiter, feel nauseous, and have dinner plans with my mom in 10 minutes. I hope good food will make me human again. :S
                  No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

fruity red sangria has been my downfall from time to time also...deceptive freaking sweet and tasty seductress that will as you mentioned come back to bite your butt. Also Tequila Sunrises do that as well...Hope you feel better soon.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I just ate ice cream for the first time in a few months.

Reminded myself why I swore to quit eating ice cream.

FML.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                        This is the worst hangover of my life. Damn you, fruity red sangria! Y U TASTE LIKE PUNCH?

I am weak, practically shaking, have a headache the size of Jupiter, feel nauseous, and have dinner plans with my mom in 10 minutes. I hope good food will make me human again. :S
                        This might sound weird and I'm late on this, but I find that sushi is the best hangover cure. The pickled ginger helps with the nausea, the rice helps fill you up, and the nutrients and vitamins in the fish and seaweed help replenish your system.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          This might sound weird and I'm late on this, but I find that sushi is the best hangover cure. The pickled ginger helps with the nausea, the rice helps fill you up, and the nutrients and vitamins in the fish and seaweed help replenish your system.
                          I totally agree. I have twitchy digestion and pickled ginger is awesome for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                            That sounds good, if only it weren't so aromatic, heh. And if I had money to buy sushi.
                            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I hate people who don't respect that others need to work at 3 am. Just make tons of noise; really, my sleep and health are not important.

Comment

I never really find what I'm looking for... *feeling meh* -_-

Comment

Working...
                                X