• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
    I never really find what I'm looking for... *feeling meh* -_-
    There is a good side in everything, Liliumz. ::
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
      There is a good side in everything, Liliumz. ::
      aaaaaaand theeeennnnn after teh good stuffz comes the crap lol

Comment

I really hate Christmas this year.

I'm struggling because this year, it just feels like obligations without any of the fun. I love giving people stuff, but half the people I know are SO EFFING SPECIFIC about what they like. I mean, they'll appreciate anything because they're not A-holes and it's the thought that counts, but it doesn't mean they'll actually use it. I don't like the idea of getting someone a gift that they'll just shelve forever (especially since I make my gifts and that's a lot of time to spend on something that will never get used) and I'm stressing because i don't know if what I'm making is the -right- thing. I asked my mom what my dad would like and she said some travel organizers for his motorcycle trips, and I -thought- I got it right but now I'm told that actually, the zipper that I planned out (and bought and made) is not the "right kind". F*ck this. Getting gifts for my dad makes me want to scream sometimes.

Comment

I feel lonely

I don't know what it is about me, but I hardly ever get approached or pursued by anyone. I could count on my fingers how many times someone's asked me for my number. Sometimes someone will date me for a little while, but it never seems to go much of anywhere. I don't get it. I don't think I'm terribly unattractive, but I can't seem to hook myself a boyfriend/girlfriend to save my life. I have one or two friends with benefits, and that's really nice to have, but I find myself craving the emotional intimacy of a relationship these days, and they can't really provide me with that. I want tenderness and cuddling and all of that, but no one seems to really want that with me, and it's just about always been that way. I see my friends get asked out and hit on all of the time, but it barely ever happens to me. I'm just not one of those girls who gets much attention, I guess, and I wish I knew why.

Maybe I'm just not very approachable. I dunno.

Comment

^^^ I felt pretty much that way for a long time, until I realized that the reason I don't get attention is because I don't want it. Not saying that's your case, but it's something to examine.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              ^^^ I felt pretty much that way for a long time, until I realized that the reason I don't get attention is because I don't want it. Not saying that's your case, but it's something to examine.
              You are probably on to something there. Pretty girls and girls that look confident actually tend to be approached less -- we're scary. (I have bitchface myself, used to freak guys out apparently)

Figure out what you want and go get it. Don't wait for it to come to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                You are probably on to something there. Pretty girls and girls that look confident actually tend to be approached less -- we're scary. (I have bitchface myself, used to freak guys out apparently)

Figure out what you want and go get it. Don't wait for it to come to you.
                I like that idea. That's good advice

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                  I feel lonely

I don't know what it is about me, but I hardly ever get approached or pursued by anyone. I could count on my fingers how many times someone's asked me for my number. Sometimes someone will date me for a little while, but it never seems to go much of anywhere. I don't get it. I don't think I'm terribly unattractive, but I can't seem to hook myself a boyfriend/girlfriend to save my life. I have one or two friends with benefits, and that's really nice to have, but I find myself craving the emotional intimacy of a relationship these days, and they can't really provide me with that. I want tenderness and cuddling and all of that, but no one seems to really want that with me, and it's just about always been that way. I see my friends get asked out and hit on all of the time, but it barely ever happens to me. I'm just not one of those girls who gets much attention, I guess, and I wish I knew why.

Maybe I'm just not very approachable. I dunno.
                  In my experience, and I mean this in the kindest way imaginable, this type of desperation turns people off. Automatically assuming that something is wrong with you simply because people don't want to date you is quite silly -- I don't think you give yourself anywhere near enough credit for not trying to make something work with every doofus that comes along. Look, when your eyes are open and you're becoming fully aware, you're GOING to wait a while for the love that you know you want. I promise you that. I was single until I was 24. Dead serious. And that only lasted 6 months, and then I was single until 25, when this youngin' started to pursue me as if I was the water he'd been dying without. It is worth the wait. There is nothing wrong with you so don't start viewing your self worth as something that someone else can provide for you -- no one will EVER be able to make you feel the way about yourself that you want to. That has to come from within. I totally understand the loneliness, I was lonely for 24 years, but I spent that time working on myself (and I probably had a natural advantage with dealing with loneliness since I'm an only child and both my parents always had full time jobs -- lots of time by myself) and making sure that *I* was a person *I* would want to date.

Keep your chin up. The wheel feels like it's in the mud, but you're just getting an emotional facial while waiting for someone that YOU want to pursue. And if that person comes along, do not be fooled by gender stereotypes of trying to let the guy/girl come to you -- that's outdated and if you want to approach them, you do it. If they don't like it then they won't like YOU, and therefore are not worth wasting another second of your precious time on.

There is nothing wrong with you. You're just awesome and the people around you aren't.
                  No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                    In my experience, and I mean this in the kindest way imaginable, this type of desperation turns people off. Automatically assuming that something is wrong with you simply because people don't want to date you is quite silly -- I don't think you give yourself anywhere near enough credit for not trying to make something work with every doofus that comes along. Look, when your eyes are open and you're becoming fully aware, you're GOING to wait a while for the love that you know you want. I promise you that. I was single until I was 24. Dead serious. And that only lasted 6 months, and then I was single until 25, when this youngin' started to pursue me as if I was the water he'd been dying without. It is worth the wait. There is nothing wrong with you so don't start viewing your self worth as something that someone else can provide for you -- no one will EVER be able to make you feel the way about yourself that you want to. That has to come from within. I totally understand the loneliness, I was lonely for 24 years, but I spent that time working on myself (and I probably had a natural advantage with dealing with loneliness since I'm an only child and both my parents always had full time jobs -- lots of time by myself) and making sure that *I* was a person *I* would want to date.

Keep your chin up. The wheel feels like it's in the mud, but you're just getting an emotional facial while waiting for someone that YOU want to pursue. And if that person comes along, do not be fooled by gender stereotypes of trying to let the guy/girl come to you -- that's outdated and if you want to approach them, you do it. If they don't like it then they won't like YOU, and therefore are not worth wasting another second of your precious time on.

There is nothing wrong with you. You're just awesome and the people around you aren't.
                    Haha, thanks, Bjorn. That was blunt, wise, and well worded.

Comment

Haha, thanks, Bjorn. That was blunt, wise, and well worded.
                      AND I MEANT IT. And I hope it wasn't too blunt because I wanted the take-away message to be "YOU ARE AWESOME! YAR!" Because you are, hon. You are.

-runningflyingleapingtackleofGLOMPLURV-

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                        AND I MEANT IT. And I hope it wasn't too blunt because I wanted the take-away message to be "YOU ARE AWESOME! YAR!" Because you are, hon. You are.

-runningflyingleapingtackleofGLOMPLURV-
                        Haha, awe, thanks. You really did help me sort my head out a little more. I already feel better.

Comment

Haha, awe, thanks. You really did help me sort my head out a little more. I already feel better.
                          <3 We all love you here, darling. TEH MUSHIES ^_^

Comment

Awwwe

And I love you guys too <3 Makin' me all soft and fluffy :3

Comment

Plus...you usually find someone when you aren't looking. Because, when you are looking, you tend to settle...and a relationship that you settled for never works out well.

Be happy with you, find the shit you like to do, find a hobby that you enjoy and peruse it (at least if you meet a dude there, you'll know you have something in common, lol)...once you are in a relationship, you have to compromise in a way you don't have to do alone. Alone doesn't have to mean lonely. Take this time to be crazy and have wild experiences you can laugh at later, and slowly reveal to whom ever you find as a sign of your mystery and untamed-ness (it sounds cheezy, but it totally works).

And in ranting...Phee has the tummy bug going around school. She's banging her head on a stool for "distraction from wanting to barf" as she put it. This really sucks some of the fun from Yule weekend
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Just remember human relationships can be a minefield...And most of the time it is THEM not you..think about your own insecurities and try to imagine the other people with the same ones as yourself...
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X