THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I'm so bummed. I don't have money to throw around. And I went to download the 3rd book in my trilogy of the Strain. They didn't have it at the library. So I just purchased it from Barnes and Noble for $9.95. Which is like half the price of Amazon and iTunes! But then I went to check the library one more time. There it was. Available. For free.

meh.
    meh
    meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Why is it so hard for people to be open, honest, and have some integrity? We aren't all out to use everyone else... at least I'm not. Or even to stop assuming you know exactly how intelligent the person you're talking to is so you can get away treating them as if they were a clueless child who has never experienced the world.

Comment

Oh good, my hot water heater is leaking.

Comment

My tooth! My dang flipping inflamed can't even touch the enamel tooth. I've been taking Advil like tic tacs all weekend. It seemed to stop the major swelling. But it's uncomfy around my ear when I lie down. So I've had NO SLEEP!

So I bought a small one dose Vodka and some cranberry. I was going to take it with a sleeping pill. Just so I could sleep. A Little. But then I realized that was a very dumb move. So I took 3 advil at a total of 600mg and 2 sleeping pills (they are straight sleeping pills, no aspirin etc). I've got the room heating up and I have my beanie on. I need to flipping sleep! I swished with warm salt water. Then I swished with warm lemon water (which tasted awesome). What's worse is that my mouth smells horrid. It's sick.

First thing in the morning I'm going to the dentist. And I'm going to have this molar pulled the f out. Normally it would be scary. But this much bone pain? PULL IT. Plus oddly this Western Dental has been pretty damn sweet to me. They take payments(though I'm just gonna put it on my emergency Discover card). And every time I've gone, I have zero pain after the very quick(like minutes)procedure. I think because it's a basic pull it all out. So I'm hoping this time I won't feel anything after. Just sucks I have to take 2 busses about 20 minutes total down the street and have to walk a block. But I figure I'll be numbed up for a few hours after with no pain. I can make it home and bundle up and nap. I'm supposed to go to Naples Island tomorrow night to see Christmas lights.

Comment

I don't want to go to work.

The hubby is home for two weeks, the kids are off for two weeks, and I still have to work because I don't have enough vacay time yet
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

I am gonna say this Duce,I was never happier as when I finely got all my teeth pulled and got dentures. My teeth have always been a problem. Sorry you are having the tooth pain,nothing is quite as bad as tooth pain.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                Just remember human relationships can be a minefield...And most of the time it is THEM not you....
                Most of the time, it's me that is a minefield. Disgustingly vulgar, for the faint of heart; extraordinarily hot-tempered, when it comes to willful ignorance and unadulterated stupidity; highly opinionated about most subjects; a perfectionist; volatile, passionate and apathetic. Rolled into a neat little ball of cynicism and pain.

If someone can handle me and my shortcomings they deserve a medal.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                  Disgustingly vulgar, for the faint of heart; extraordinarily hot-tempered, when it comes to willful ignorance and unadulterated stupidity; highly opinionated about most subjects; a perfectionist; volatile, passionate and apathetic. Rolled into a neat little ball of cynicism and pain.
                  That seems to describe most Minnesotans.

Today I feel like ranting about Young-Earth Creationists of the Christian flavor. They always try to turn discussions or debates into a preaching session...then again, I've been watching (listening to rather, while doing other things, namely gaming) YouTube a lot lately, so that's kind of a rant on its own. Come out, come out, Inner Producer. Give me a nice backhand so I can get the drive to go back to recording...

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                    Most of the time, it's me that is a minefield. Disgustingly vulgar, for the faint of heart; extraordinarily hot-tempered, when it comes to willful ignorance and unadulterated stupidity; highly opinionated about most subjects; a perfectionist; volatile, passionate and apathetic. Rolled into a neat little ball of cynicism and pain.

If someone can handle me and my shortcomings they deserve a medal.
                    Chain, let me tell you something. You're the one who deserves a medal for being able to come out with that open and honest. Takes a good person to be able to see and talk about one's shortcomings.
                    The biggest issue with people nowadays is that they can't be honest, not even about themselves, let alone about other things!!

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      I am gonna say this Duce,I was never happier as when I finely got all my teeth pulled and got dentures. My teeth have always been a problem. Sorry you are having the tooth pain,nothing is quite as bad as tooth pain.
                      Took 2 sleeping pills last night and I was able to get some ok sleep. Woke up this morning. The tooth isn't as painful, but it still hurts if you try to touch it much. And then I looked in the mirror. Over night my right cheek blew up under my jaw. Dun dun duuuun...infection. Great.

Went to the dentist and it took a while to just take an x-ray. I told the tech dude I would actually punch him if he touched the tooth. And I was like I'm serious dude. It will be automatic. I can tolerate pain, look at my tats. This is THAT bad. After treating me like a rabid cat and finally they got one pic off me.

The dentist said he can't work on the tooth until one, the infection goes down (I got some strong antibiotic) and two, I got a release form from the doc to stop taking my Plavix etc. No problemo.

We called my dr office. They are doing construction. I have to get another number and hunt that receptionist down to give me a new fax number. Then call the dentist and explain to fax their request to the new number. They want to pull two teeth. The other is broken down to the gum but has root. It doesn't bother me though. I'm going to just get the one that is infected pulled. And wait till later in January (hopefully) to get it pulled with my MediCal.

So now I have to call MediCal and see when the Denti Cal insurance comes in. If I can get it right away I can go get the tooth extracted free. I'm so close to the new year. So tomorrow I'll call and see. Hopefully the meds will kill the infection and the tooth can be ok to make it to the end of the year.

Meh. A mess. Going to take a nap.

Comment

I am a turkey with a big fat wobble of a turkey neck. These antibiotics need to start kicking in. I am on a liquid diet of juice because I can't even open my mouth wide enough for a banana. I've pretty much been sleeping all day long. Just trying to ride out the antibiotics and the advil. I don't even want to be seen by any humans.

*crawls under the couch and does the death meow.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          I am a turkey with a big fat wobble of a turkey neck. These antibiotics need to start kicking in. I am on a liquid diet of juice because I can't even open my mouth wide enough for a banana. I've pretty much been sleeping all day long. Just trying to ride out the antibiotics and the advil. I don't even want to be seen by any humans.

Hope you feel better soon!
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Thanks. Thankfully seems this 5th antibiotic and adding Advil is making things a bit better.

Comment

Becoming very suspicious that someone is using me Not a good feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Feel better soon, Medusa!

Comment

Dear Pathetic fuckface on Deviant Art:

So you just randomly bad mouth the whole website, I defend it and your best reply is to tell me I look like a man and then to block me so I can't reply just proves you are a dickless fuck who's testicles never descended and we can only hope they never do so your deformed, knock kneed, piss-ant fail sperm don't accidentally trip over an ovum and screw up the gene pool any further.

Love,
                                A mannish bitch who will kick your sorry ass if you had enough balls to show up

Comment

Working...
                                X