THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=8.msg15106#msg15106 date=1290233494]
    The advice for staying in a long distance relationship that I can find on google is fucking rubbish. Basically, apparently all it takes to stay in love is to not go around and screw other guys. Oh yeah, and talk. Well...I can think of some places Google can shove itself.

I haven't heard his voice in like, six goddamned weeks. And I can count the number of times we've talked on MSN on ONE hand, because he doesn't like to be on the computer. He can take his emails and shove that, too. I don't know why I thought dating was a good idea. I'm not meant to be in love. I get more excited about seeing my cat everyday than I do about responding to another fucking email.

And because this forum is PG and I'm going to get in trouble for the number of times I've said "fuck" in this post....fuck. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Hmph.
    [/quote]

Its the rant thread! Swearing is almost compulsory! :P X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Damn.

Damn, damn, damn! Fucking fuckity, fuck, fuck, fuck!

Somehow, some way, it's like I've been kicked off the back porch. I used to have keys. Then I was given access through a window, of sorts, that allowed a small modicum of movement. All of the structural work that I used to do, with foundation shoring, cosmetic architecture... you name it, I can't do anymore. The side window, basement access now has bars across it. It's like I've been given my walking papers, a veritable pink slip, without ever having been told that my services are no longer welcome, needed or valuable. It's like going to the office only to find someone else in my chair. It's like... traffic has been rerouted to another planet!

If I'm not part of the circus, anymore, why am I still center ring? Gah! Where'd everybody go? Why are the bleachers so empty? And who are all these little monkeys, staring at me?

Don't mind me. I'm just grumbling because my 'free trial' ran out. Story of my life.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I am ranting because I am listening to Hicktown by Jason Aldean and it makes me homesick.

My rant is that I don't live in Hicktown anymore... and I miss it.

Good ol' boys and strong country women. Dirt roads, pastures, bonfires and spot-lighting. Four-wheel-drives, tractors, four-wheelers and horses. Cowboy boots and blue-jeans, tail-lake swimming and skinny-dipping.

Dammit, I miss home.
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=8.msg15126#msg15126 date=1290244671]
          I am ranting because I am listening to Hicktown by Jason Aldean and it makes me homesick.

My rant is that I don't live in Hicktown anymore... and I miss it.

Good ol' boys and strong country women. Dirt roads, pastures, bonfires and spot-lighting. Four-wheel-drives, tractors, four-wheelers and horses. Cowboy boots and blue-jeans, tail-lake swimming and skinny-dipping.

Dammit, I miss home.
          [/quote]

I love my hicktown. I left once when I was in college, so I feel your pain. So maybe it is time for a vacation?
          sigpic

Comment

So fucking pissed off.

Comment

I wanna call animal control on the neighbor that lives upstairs. You just DONT keep a pitbull in a crate all day. I mean ALL DAY.

Comment

I'm still miffed about these smites.

And I'm still miffed that cell phone access to the forum is so 'hit or miss'.

And I still terribly pissed that my hands are actually tied, as far as server and db administration goes. (I don't like being an ornament!)

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My wisdom teeth are coming in at the top! OWIE
                  "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg15282#msg15282 date=1290274553]
                    I'm still miffed about these smites.

And I'm still miffed that cell phone access to the forum is so 'hit or miss'.

And I still terribly pissed that my hands are actually tied, as far as server and db administration goes. (I don't like being an ornament!)
                    [/quote]
                    As log as I have more smites then you, all is well with the world. :P

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg15377#msg15377 date=1290291000]
                      As log as I have more smites then you, all is well with the world. :P

[/quote]

Maybe so. There's also that nasty tendency I have to both open my mouth, when I should keep my trap shut, and fearlessly make an ass of myself. So, getting a smite or two was bound to happen, sooner or later.

I just wish people could see the retarded excuses and the post(s) that instigated them. It might make a difference, then.

Comment

im incredibly pissed off at my friend for sleeping with 15 men in 3 months. two of which had girlfriends that she knows about. she has a two year old daughter, is jobless, and about to be homeless (therefor moving in with her cousin). i am wish i could take her daughter from her and give her the love she deserves.
                        sigpic

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg15402#msg15402 date=1290293741]
                          Maybe so. There's also that nasty tendency I have to both open my mouth, when I should keep my trap shut, and fearlessly make an ass of myself. So, getting a smite or two was bound to happen, sooner or later.

I just wish people could see the retarded excuses and the post(s) that instigated them. It might make a difference, then.
                          [/quote]

I'm mindly curious how many retributive smitings have been delivered this week. I have a strong suspicion 3-4 people have been smited purely as vengeance for smites delivered which would seem to be a misuse of the system. Eh well, I tend to ignore smite listings on admins, mods and sometimes normal members.
                          Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

That's pretty fair.

Some get smites for a joke, some in retaliation and some for having an opinion of their own. Not too many are because the person gave bad advice, was fighting or some other unacceptable behavior.

In fact, the karma system has been a source of much frustration and many a rant, for it's abuse and misuse. But what can ya do? People will always use it as they see fit. Decent people will always be in danger of collecting a great many negs and assholes will always be at risk of getting applauds (Blesses).

Hehehe. When we change our forum software... maybe we won't have the feature, or not use it if it exists. Fortunately, we can reset the whole deal, here, if it gets too far out of hand. <weg>

Comment

I HATE exams!
                              Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=8.msg15464#msg15464 date=1290299661]
                                I'm mindly curious how many retributive smitings have been delivered this week. I have a strong suspicion 3-4 people have been smited purely as vengeance for smites delivered which would seem to be a misuse of the system. Eh well, I tend to ignore smite listings on admins, mods and sometimes normal members.
                                [/quote]

Pretty accurate.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X