Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
    Part of me is afraid that my spending time with him is what's wrong.
    In many cases that is what might help. Try to pay his attention on doing something he likes.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      Part of me is afraid that my spending time with him is what's wrong.
      This is always a tricky thing. Sometimes, alone-ness is what is needed, other times its comfort.

Have you asked?

And, BTW, *hugs* I'm sorry you are going through this! Seems like the time for it, for a lot of people...
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
        Thanks, Ljubezen. I don't feel like it's gotten to a point that he's posing any sort of immediate threat to himself or other people, but he does need some sort of care/help.
        He's been off his meds for a while, but, fortunately, he's not at all resistant to the idea of getting back on them. He's been talking about how he wants to starting to take them again quite a lot, recently, and that's something I encourage.
        That is great news! Just make sure he talks to his doctor before starting them again so the dosage can be sorted.

As for calling police, if you feel that the person is in immediate danger to others or THEMSELVES, you call the 911. Most police departments (I thought it was all, but could be wrong) will do what is called a "wellness check" on someone who has told another they are feeling suicidal or have taken/done something. It doesn't necessarily mean the police will take them to the ER, but if the police upon arrival feels it is necessary they will do so. Otherwise, it's a good tactic to check on someone if you feel they are dangerous or you can't get to them quickly enough. The vast majority of cases don't involve long-term hospitalization, but sometimes they are brought in to a clinician for evaluation or immediate treatment if the person has done something hurtful to themselves. Their concern really is limited to the immediate situation.

But hey, it sounds like he's talking and willing to get himself to a healthier place on his own willpower and that in itself is a very good sign.

Comment

New Year's Eve is sort of losing its charm for me. I mean, I love any excuse to meet up with friends and celebrate, but some people take it way too far here. For those who don't know, private fireworks are legal in Germany for New Year's Eve. It's the only time you can buy or use them. People in Berlin in particular go NUTS and it's really dangerous. Apparently 500 people per year are injured in fireworks related incidents, and only HALF of those injuries are self-inflicted. That means that 250 people are injured because other people are irresponsible with fireworks. People also get really drunk so you can guess where that goes. People throw them down subway stairways, at cars, and even at people. We went to catch the bus at 7:30 pm (hardly a rowdy hour) to go to a friend's house for dinner and some idiot was throwing fireworks at cars from his 4th story balcony. I'm really sick of the anarchy and I'm kind of sick of the fact that it's either "risk injury or stay home and get annoyed at the noise that goes on allll night". I think you can have fun without hurting other people. Hell, private fireworks are legal on Halloween where i'm from and this doesn't happen. People wouldn't stand for it and even if they did, the police certainly wouldn't. I think that overall, most people realize that if you want to use fireworks, you should use them responsible, because explosives aren't funny things to throw at people.

Comment

I've always had issues when it comes to my teeth... I don't brush often, I admit. I have plenty of fillings... Last time I had tooth pain was back in.... August of 2012? It went away on its own before I could get in to see a dentist... And I've maybe brushed my teeth... Less than fifty times in that period? I don't know. On one hand, I know that if I start brushing regularly my teeth will become sensitive and painful... While on the other hand, if I don't brush, I'll be having my teeth made out of hip bone or something when I'm 25. I guess that's something about humanity... We prefer to be paid right now, rather than having to wait. My anxiety eats at me, and I always imagine something going wrong in any situation, let alone at the dentist with metal objects in my mouth. What if his hand slips, and he jams that drill into my tongue? The top of my mouth? What if a tool becomes stuck in my throat? I choke on my own saliva? Something breaks? What if the dentists purposely want to kill me?

Completely illogical, but I can't help it. I have not seen a psychiatrist since just before the Summer of 2013, and I'm on a strict 6-pill diet not including the vitamins. Obviously none of them are working except the nighttime pills, because I've been having pain in my fingers so bad I have to resort to pinching parts of my body to take my focus away from the mind-numbing pain in my fingers. My anxiety disorder is through the roof, and I had a meltdown just a few days ago while I was cleaning my room up, and it took fifteen minutes of reassurances from my father to calm down. It really sucks. I can hardly function. On Monday, I will go through the daily panic of being on the school bus and imagining the crashes we will apparently get into, the disasters that will happen.... Finals are coming up for the first semester, and I'm really, really behind on my Cyber School because I didn't do anything during November, and I had been away from the computer most of December. I have about 20 days left on it, and I need to complete 3 manuscripts (A playwright, short story, literary non-fiction) as well as about 20 journal entries, and a final manuscript proposal. I have about a month to complete this gift basket for my family member's mother-in-law.... I have to get my Etsy shop set up, make things for the local metaphysical shop, talk to a business in Alberta about selling my creations... Sometime this month I'm seeing a Neurologist and in February, a Somnologist.

Just....

Comment

Read recently that one of the main reasons people have teeth problems is due to lack of enough nutrients.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                That is great news! Just make sure he talks to his doctor before starting them again so the dosage can be sorted.

As for calling police, if you feel that the person is in immediate danger to others or THEMSELVES, you call the 911. Most police departments (I thought it was all, but could be wrong) will do what is called a "wellness check" on someone who has told another they are feeling suicidal or have taken/done something. It doesn't necessarily mean the police will take them to the ER, but if the police upon arrival feels it is necessary they will do so. Otherwise, it's a good tactic to check on someone if you feel they are dangerous or you can't get to them quickly enough. The vast majority of cases don't involve long-term hospitalization, but sometimes they are brought in to a clinician for evaluation or immediate treatment if the person has done something hurtful to themselves. Their concern really is limited to the immediate situation.

But hey, it sounds like he's talking and willing to get himself to a healthier place on his own willpower and that in itself is a very good sign.
                Thank you for your supportive input on this, Ljubezen, and everybody else, for that matter <3 It's always appreciated.

Comment

Why won't my kids leave me alone?! What do I look like? Their MOTHER?!

Comment

MOM????is that you?..I am hungry..I am bored..........MOMMMMMY!!!! I gotta go potty...And MOM,I LOVE YOU!!
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      MOM????is that you?..I am hungry..I am bored..........MOMMMMMY!!!! I gotta go potty...And MOM,I LOVE YOU!!
                      Add in "at 3 am" and you'll have my morning. Then at 7:20 am, 10 minutes before we have to leave the house "mommy, I'm tired, I wanna go in my bed."

Children, man.

Comment

It is that last line,Mommy I LOVE YOU! that makes it all worthwhile...
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                          Why won't my kids leave me alone?! What do I look like? Their MOTHER?!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	c92c03dcf960ce19e7f1d86a963b3a0638d11356a9cd5c9e348ac9f9c7de625b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	352160

I'll just leave this here...
                          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            It is that last line,Mommy I LOVE YOU! that makes it all worthwhile...

Correction: BBQ sauce!

Or, possibly, free babysitting services, generally known as "grandma" or something similar.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I have to disagree with all of you. It's hearing your grandchildren say "I love you" that makes it worth everything you endure to raise children...
                              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                              Clan of my Clan
                              Kin of my Kin
                              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                                I have to disagree with all of you. It's hearing your grandchildren say "I love you" that makes it worth everything you endure to raise children...
                                I can attest to this.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X