THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Meh. Most people probably call it "Friday".

I'll nap later. Maybe even a couple times. My Friday is already blown. :/

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

$172 to get the car inspected... I wanna move back to Delaware where this cost about $50 every few years or so.....
      Last edited by Maria de Luna; 10 Jan 2014, 06:15. Reason: Wrong damn thread for... wordz...
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
        $172 to get the car inspected... I wanna move back to Delaware where this cost about $50 every few years or so.....

WTF?!?!?

Here, its like $15 annually (unless there's something wrong)...that is crazy!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          WTF?!?!?

Here, its like $15 annually (unless there's something wrong)...that is crazy!
          You mean for emissions? Here its free....registration of plates is like $90 though.

Comment

We don't have vehicle emissions inspections, anymore. The state stopped that stupid experiment long ago.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
              We don't have vehicle emissions inspections, anymore. The state stopped that stupid experiment long ago.
              Yeah, same here. It had gotten to the point where you'd pull in, turn your headlights on and off and pay the guy his $5. Then they started 'suspending' mechanics who weren't doing an actual inspection, then pretty soon there just weren't any, so the state finally repealed it.
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Our smog testing depends on which shop you go to... Usually it's around $19.99. And you have to get your smog checked at a place that uses the official State of Nevada emissions reporting system. The DMV sends you a piece of paper w/the code on it, the shop then uploads your results to the DMV, and then you can register your car online. Your registration fee depends on the age, make & model of your vehicle. For our old Dodge Neon, it's about $45. Our twuck is somewhat more expensive, I think around $120.

The whole registering online thing is frikkin' awesome, though. We haven't had to physically go to the DMV in years.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Soggy crunchwraps are the worst, they're basically poorly wrapped burritos.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

PA does not have registering or inspections done by the DMV it is handled by 3rd parties under the DoT... I paid about $170 to "retitle" my car so i could register it in PA (another $60) They wanted to charge me 6% of what my car was currently worth because my name did not match the name on the original title (I got married, and changed my name.) So I have to drive back home in my unregistered car to get my marriage liscense to prove I was still me. then I had to go to a mechanic in the area to have an inspection and an emissions inspection done, for which they can charge whatever they want, because there is no one regulating these things. So they average between $150 and $200... depending on how evil your shop is, and then they can tell you that you need a part, and you can't argue because you are already in for the cost of the inspection, and you are not certified yourself to make the inspection, so you deal with what they tell you.....

In Delaware, registration is $35 and does not have to be done every year, and inspection is about $25, which again, is not nessecarily yearly. It is all done at the DMV and frankly is a very streamlined and fast process. I did not hate going to the DE DMV.... My husband, who grew up in PA, thought that is was amazing and miraculous.
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Mom got drunk (she says she was just upset) and started hitting people again. I guess her son came home blasted and started insulting her. She's hooting and hollering, he's talking calmly and in a few minutes they're trying to kick each other out of the house (I really don't know what my step brother was thinking there, it's not like he owns the place). She starts shaking and punching him and when I tear her off him, before he can beat the shit out of her for attacking him, she screams about how I "don't know the situation". Finally dad wakes up and she keeps screaming at all of us and is telling me to get out too. She's so batshit unstable.
                      Circe

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about that Corvus. It's hard living with family that has serious issues like that.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Yikes, Corvus. Not good.....
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm sorry for that, Corvus. Be strong.
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'm pretty used to it but I'm finding after three years I just don't have as much patience anymore
                              Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                                Mom got drunk (she says she was just upset) and started hitting people again. I guess her son came home blasted and started insulting her. She's hooting and hollering, he's talking calmly and in a few minutes they're trying to kick each other out of the house (I really don't know what my step brother was thinking there, it's not like he owns the place). She starts shaking and punching him and when I tear her off him, before he can beat the shit out of her for attacking him, she screams about how I "don't know the situation". Finally dad wakes up and she keeps screaming at all of us and is telling me to get out too. She's so batshit unstable.

*comfort :/ my familys alcoholics too, i understand completely

Comment

Working...
                                X