THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

One of those days where I'm so angry, even my lord and savior can't calm me.

I'm sorry metal. It's not your fault, it's everyone dumb enough to be a moron/asshole in my vicinity.

Comment

I can see that my job's method of paying me is starting to go down the porcelain peehole. It's one of those BS checking accounts which is independent of a bank that provides you with its own debit card, but which charges you fees for using said card to make purchases. I had been avoiding that by simply withdrawing cash from the machine at work (which, thankfully, was made for working with the TotalPay system, otherwise the ATM would charge fees as well), no big deal, my bank is right next door. The payments had also been landing in my account a day early for months, which was nice.

Well, not anymore. Last payday my "check" was late; this time not only is it late again, it's screwing with my account. I checked the balance the other night at work to see if my payment was early - no, still $1-something. I check it again later that morning, and for whatever reason my balance is at negative ten cents. Is the machine suddenly going to start charging fees for making balance inquiries?

I think I'm gonna lean on my boss to bring me direct deposit paperwork next time he comes in. I can see where this BS is going and I ain't dealing with it, not when my rent is due in a week.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

I wish I was still immature enough to know everything. This getting old and learning I'm fallible is disturbingly mature.

Comment

For the record, I'm slightly amused that so many rants are this closely related.

And, to be honest, I have to go out driving in the fresh fallen snow instead of hanging out here and enjoying a wonderful community involvement deal. I love you guys!

Now, to go try staying out of the ditches!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            For the record, I'm slightly amused that so many rants are this closely related.

And, to be honest, I have to go out driving in the fresh fallen snow instead of hanging out here and enjoying a wonderful community involvement deal. I love you guys!

Now, to go try staying out of the ditches!
            Don't crash. We might need you to kick some ass. You are the best at it.

Comment

It's way too late to switch professions again, and I can no longer stand my job.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Damn, I hate headaches.... Especially when they come one after another in a short period of time....
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

So, turns out, roads were slightly worse than I expected.

With far more idiots than I expected. As indicated by the number of crashes and ditch-bound commuters.

I wish I could somehow get all the yahoos off the road, to let me pass through, then they all can return to their assorted, costly amusements.

Gah!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                    So, turns out, roads were slightly worse than I expected.

With far more idiots than I expected. As indicated by the number of crashes and ditch-bound commuters.

I wish I could somehow get all the yahoos off the road, to let me pass through, then they all can return to their assorted, costly amusements.

Gah!

Don't tell me this. It's snowing like an irritated succubus here too....meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                      Don't tell me this. It's snowing like an irritated succubus here too....meh.
                      We didn't get much in the way of snow. Just about 2 inches of light, fluffy snow, yesterday. It was the overnight/early morning wind and the subzero temps that put a glaze on everything, so the roads "looked" cleared clean and all but were extremely slick. They still have the blizzard warning up, just to our west -just FOR the wind (blowing snow) and cold.

Comment

I finally got paid yesterday, but it was about 100 dollars less than I usually make. After I put aside rent I'm gonna have about $200 (not counting food money and emergency backup, thank god) to last me two weeks. It's not that horrible as far as the money goes, really, it's just irritating because I've been working the same hours (sometimes more) I always do, so there's no reason I should have been 100 dollars short. It's been happening to my co-workers, too.
                        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                          I finally got paid yesterday, but it was about 100 dollars less than I usually make. After I put aside rent I'm gonna have about $200 (not counting food money and emergency backup, thank god) to last me two weeks. It's not that horrible as far as the money goes, really, it's just irritating because I've been working the same hours (sometimes more) I always do, so there's no reason I should have been 100 dollars short. It's been happening to my co-workers, too.
                          For the people in this area its Obamacare hitting the stores and the medical costs going up. Seen a couple of people that more than half of their take home was cut and now goes to pay for that.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                            For the people in this area its Obamacare hitting the stores and the medical costs going up. Seen a couple of people that more than half of their take home was cut and now goes to pay for that.
                            Maybe. I'm interested to see what my paystub says when it arrives.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Had nearly a foot of snow, and in the process of trying to clear it from my car and driveway... I fell... according to the hubby it "was the kind of fall where someone is just walking and suddenly their feet are in the air and the rest of them smacks the pavement." Yep that's about how it felt....
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I'm cold. In a jacket and under blankets but if I put on anymore stuff I won't be able to type. It's not really that cold outside but it's cold enough for me to be wondering where the heck is my snow.
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X