X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh no. What's been going on Dez?
    A lot of her more tantrum behavior has just intensified as she's gotten older. I know I'd posted a while back about being concerned about it...this new school she's going to for second grade is great, but she's only been there a month and she's slapped another student, screamed and yelled at the teacher when asked to perform basic tasks, and yesterday threw her desk across the room. Today was a final straw...she chased a kid with scissors. Over the past few months she's gotten big enough that if she has a tantrum like that at home, I end up with bruises all over trying to keep her from harming herself or someone else.

I don't want her to get kicked out of school, damn it. Today I had the teacher asking me if there was some sort of trauma or past event that would explain her behavior, but there isn't. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions...just wait until we can get the evaluation done.

This has been a big part of why I haven't been around...
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Awe man. I'm sorry you guys are going through this. That's a young age. Hopefully the psych evalv will help you and her figure out what's going on. At that young age it's the only way to express oneself I guess. They don't really know how to tell you exactly what's wrong. And they may not even understand.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Thanks Hun.

I agree...it seems like there's a difference between how she's seeing situations and what's actually going on. We'd been preparing for the possibility of something like asperger's, but her recent behavior has definitely raised the possibility of a mental health issue.

Just trying to hang in there...I'm keeping her grounded to her room tomorrow for the duration of her suspension. I hope it works. It's hard right now to punish her without her really flying off the handle...I don't want to push her too far, but she needs to be very aware that her actions are unacceptable. You know?

Comment

That's such painful news. I'm terribly, terribly sorry, Dez.

I wish there were something I could do or say that could help. I hope the evals come through with answers.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm pretty pissed off, as the state I live in is trying to force through an amendment to our state constitution that will ban Gays/Lesbians from getting married in our state. They've been despicably underhanded. They changed the name of the bill at the last minute, and after the committee that was going to vote on it turned against the measure, the Speaker of the House moved it to a different committee that wasn't supposed to vote on it but would pass it.

Its disgusting. My LGBTQ friends are enraged and saddened, and so am I. I'm ashamed to be living where I am right now.

The bill has more steps to go through... But it never should have gotten this far to begin with... And its likely that it will go on the ballot to be voted on this November, which will turn my home into a battleground of hate and malice.
            hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
              Thanks Hun.

I agree...it seems like there's a difference between how she's seeing situations and what's actually going on. We'd been preparing for the possibility of something like asperger's, but her recent behavior has definitely raised the possibility of a mental health issue.

Just trying to hang in there...I'm keeping her grounded to her room tomorrow for the duration of her suspension. I hope it works. It's hard right now to punish her without her really flying off the handle...I don't want to push her too far, but she needs to be very aware that her actions are unacceptable. You know?
              I haven't gotten to talk with you in..goodness forever...but I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                My daughter got herself suspended from school today. I'm at my wits end. We're waiting for the children's hospital at Stanford to get back to us about arranging a behavior/psych evaluation, and it's taking forever.
                *hugs*

Well, we are here to vent to!!
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone...it's nice to be able to vent. Especially because I can't really talk to extended family about this until we know more.

Comment

My younger sister had problems with her son that was quite a bit as you describe. She was told to put him on "drugs" to calm his behavior. She instead controlled what types of food he consumed and he calmed down. Just that medication is not always the answer. You might give that a try before you consider going with medication.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      My younger sister had problems with her son that was quite a bit as you describe. She was told to put him on "drugs" to calm his behavior. She instead controlled what types of food he consumed and he calmed down. Just that medication is not always the answer. You might give that a try before you consider going with medication.
                      When this works, its usually because of undiagnosed food allergies.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

So it was like 4am last night/morning and I couldn't sleep. It's because my sleep pattern was all f'd up. I'm a night person then you throw me a day shift and I'm all sorts of confused. So 6am comes around and I CAN'T SLEEP! I know! I'll take 2 sleeping pills! That should knock me out quickly. But I usually only take one and I'm able to get to sleep.

2pm I woke up. Groggy as all hell. Closed my eyes again. 6pm I woke up. And I had dreams of Isaiah Edwards from Little house on the prairie and Wolverine and I all living together in an old house. And I was coming home from Vegas.

Wut the hell just happened to me?

Comment

So I went to do my laundry. I left with 3 bags. I came home with 2 and I was all super excited. Folding can do that! Anywho. I was unpacking and noticed I haz no jammies!

I think someone stole my 3 jammy bottoms and my 2 nighties. Because I was sure when I left I TURNED AROUND and looked at the counter and saw I had packed everything.

Or I was neglectful and blind in my old age.

But I'm sure I turned around. And there was nothing.

Meh.

Comment

To the irritating little tweebs in Cici's tonight. You are NOT military. Get out of those fatigues. You have ZERO reason to be in Army ACU's, Navy Aquaflage, and Airforce combat boots. What the hell you think you're doing mixing them is beyond me, but you look like an idiot doing so, not to mention-you can get in SERIOUS trouble for doing so. You idiots are damn sure lucky you weren't stupid enough to be wearing any unit patches or rank you didn't earn, or I don't think I could've stopped the two vets next to me from ripping it off your chest. AR 670-1 you morons. Look it the hell up. DO NOT MIX CIVVIES AND MILITARY UNIFORMS IN ANY FASHION. This includes PT uniforms. I'm not even a military member and this pisses me off.
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                              you can get in SERIOUS trouble for doing so.
                              Not unless they are wearing insignias, or are actively impersonating an officer or some such. It might technically be against the law, but no one is really interested in upholding it. Besides, I know military people... As far as they are concerned without the branch and unit decorations it is not a uniform. It's just clothing.

Rank patches can go either way from what I gather.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

*makes mental note not to wear any 'fatigues' around Yorin, in August*

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X