Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
    Delicious things should be able to protect themselves. Otherwise they end up like doves at the Vatican!
    Which are also tasty.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

LMAO - doves were imported to America as a food source.

Now, nobody eats them.

Humans are odd critters...

Same with carp.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        LMAO - doves were imported to America as a food source.

Now, nobody eats them.

Humans are odd critters...

Same with carp.

Definitely! Carp are some VERY odd critters!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Update on my brother. Dad threatened to tell his parole officer about the fire threats so he's holding that over him. Apparently he doesn't remember the threats, as I knew someone would say, because he was drunk.
          They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
          Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
          -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
            Update on my brother. Dad threatened to tell his parole officer about the fire threats so he's holding that over him. Apparently he doesn't remember the threats, as I knew someone would say, because he was drunk.
            I'm not sure if it applies or not, in his case, but it sure made me think...

It doesn't count, then? "Because I was drunk," has got to be the MOST asinine excuse, or at least in the top 3.

I'm a recovering alcoholic. 27 years and 6 months sober, tomorrow. I did a hella ton of mean, stupid, reckless or otherwise life-threatening, shit when I drank. I have no excuse. I did them, whether I remember it or not. I drove around for over 7 hours, one night, too drunk to even remember 15 minutes of it. It's a fact that I'd love to forget. Everyone of those stuporous events. Pretend I never drank. Make believe it wasn't me or that I had nothing to do with my actions.

Nope.

I consider myself blessed, in that I never killed anyone. I also feel unbelievably lucky that I never killed myself.

There's a reason for the base word TOXIC in the word intoxicated. It's a poison. It is NOT a get-out-of-jail free card! I can't stand even the premise, let alone the action, behind the statement, "but I was drunk!"

"No, you can't hold me to that because I was drunk." Wanna make a bet?

Comment

You were drunk? OK, I'm a belieber. Lol
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Its snowing.

I can't even see across the street.

From here it looks like 3-4 inches so far...so, we've almost made the projected low end of the snowfall prediction (the upper limit is something like 10 or 12 inches depending on the weatherman)
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  Its snowing.

I can't even see across the street.

From here it looks like 3-4 inches so far...so, we've almost made the projected low end of the snowfall prediction (the upper limit is something like 10 or 12 inches depending on the weatherman)
                  Is this part of that storm that is supposed to smack the eastern end of Virginia tonight and tomorrow? I saw the Richmond corridor was supposed to get something like 15 - 19 inches last I saw a few days ago
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Saw the shrink today.

Her: "You may want to arrange to take some time off work."

Me: "Uh, yeah, I'll check into that. I have to train a relief person, and I don't get any vacation time til April, and my relief auditor is pregnant..."

Her, interrupting me: "You do realize that you have a serious illness, right? Those aren't excuses you're giving me. They're symptoms."

Me: ::doeinheadlights::
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                      Is this part of that storm that is supposed to smack the eastern end of Virginia tonight and tomorrow? I saw the Richmond corridor was supposed to get something like 15 - 19 inches last I saw a few days ago
                      Yup. its been snowing in full force since 6. I'm not sure what that means for us, since it was supposed to start at 10 and didn't start til 3 or so.

I need to go to bed, but I'm watching stand-up on Youtube and its hilarious!
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Yup. its been snowing in full force since 6. I'm not sure what that means for us, since it was supposed to start at 10 and didn't start til 3 or so.

I need to go to bed, but I'm watching stand-up on Youtube and its hilarious!
                        good luck and hopefully it doesn't get to bad over there.. have a good sleep if possible
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Comment

My throat hurts. I hope I'm not getting sick.

Mostly art.

Comment

Welcome to the Great White!

(nope - has nothing to do with skin color )
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I need more motivation. Or maybe it's something else. I have plenty of motivation to get up and do something - my health should be good enough - but there's no spark. That makes it sound like I'm depressed, which I don't think I am, although I have been unusually tired. Who knows. Depression is usually constant, but I feel pretty good for most of the day. It's just when I get bored I start to feel "blah," like I want to do something other than sit at my desk, but that drive - the Fire - just isn't there.
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X