THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

You insisted that we need to work on Saturday. So I got my happy ass out of bed early on Saturday morning. I have 4 guys and a crane, on my payroll, here on a Saturday morning... And you're too hungover to show up?

You're an asshole

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, dude!

You have me, my crew, your crew, the crane crew and the whole damn concrete plant up early and on the clock on a Saturday morning (overtime, bitches!) because you're in a big hurry to get this job done.

Here it is, almost 2 hours after the time you wanted to start... And no one knows where you are, and your phone is turned off... And you have the plans... We can't do anything.

This crane is costing me $1000/hour... I don't particularly enjoy having him sit here idly.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I should have stayed in bed today.

Based on the events of today, I have concluded that Murphy's Law in unreasonably optimistic.
      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
        Murphy's Law [is] unreasonably optimistic.
        I could have warned you about that but it would take all the fun out of disasters.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I found out the pain part of shingles reacts about 50x stronger with the presence of an emotional stressor. Joy...

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
            Does this all mean I have to stop claiming to be made from alien cotton candy? Because I'm sweet and floaty and from outer space. Totally true.
            I've always suspected that you were River Song. Now I have proof.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
              I've always suspected that you were River Song. Now I have proof.

This is a totally acceptable conclusion.

Comment

I am endlessly impressed by the ability of my blood relatives to not contact me until the most stressful day possible in a 6 month window.
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Okay, I got up and moved around a little. Can I just get an A for the day and go back to bed now? Also, I would like a cuddle buddy for the rain. Yes, that would be excellent. Thank you.

Comment

Something in this damn office is making me sneeze. And several of my coworkers. WTHeck is going on here?

Comment

Could be mold or something like that..or something in the ventilation. Is the building large enough to have an evap cooling system?
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Could be mold or something like that..or something in the ventilation. Is the building large enough to have an evap cooling system?

It's HUGE. It's over a warehouse the size of 10 football fields. But whatever it was seems to have mostly stopped, but I still have a headache. They started some construction, so I bet they released all sorts of crud in the air.

*grumble*

Comment

I am so sick of hearing about Schapelle Corby.

She broke the law. She's in jail. She's up for parole. She's using her 'ordeal' to make money.

Get the fuck over it already.

Comment

Surgery went well. Overnight stay in hospital went without event.

I, on the other hand, couldn't do any driving today, barely did ANY walking (total of maybe 70-80 feet), mass amounts pf narcotics and "night sweats" that soaked me, the blanket, sheets, pillows and now has me awake after a day of sleep. That is, after picking Stac' up, when she was released from the hospital, at around noon.

SHE is the one that needs care and tending to and I can't f*n move. Gah!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I've been following *because it shows up on my reddit or ONTD sites* the fiasco between Mia Farrow and Woody Allen. And the mess with their kids, her adopted kids etc. It's such an ugly mess. I can't be compassionate to either side when they willingly spread their laundry out for the public. Ug.

It's so ugly I even refuse to make a thread about it in the debates section. It's something that should not be discussed in public I feel. This family is an effing mess.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Why does she need to do this on my birthday? I was having a nice day, relaxing and fun and I was happy.
                                They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                                Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                                -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X