Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
    Surgery went well. Overnight stay in hospital went without event.

I, on the other hand, couldn't do any driving today, barely did ANY walking (total of maybe 70-80 feet), mass amounts pf narcotics and "night sweats" that soaked me, the blanket, sheets, pillows and now has me awake after a day of sleep. That is, after picking Stac' up, when she was released from the hospital, at around noon.

SHE is the one that needs care and tending to and I can't f*n move. Gah!
    Ah....I missed something here Chain. What happened and can you fill me in? PM me if you would rather or if you if you don't want to talk about it I can relate to that too.
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
      Ah....I missed something here Chain. What happened and can you fill me in? PM me if you would rather or if you if you don't want to talk about it I can relate to that too.
      No, it's no big deal. My girlfriend went in for some plumbing work.

But getting up at 4, for surgery at 7:30, that lasted about 2 hours, not including recovery time, meant that I was going to be doing excessive standing, walking, and unsupportive chair-sitting for a little over 8 hours.

That was Wednesday. I'm STILL recuperating from it. Pain levels spiking between a 8 or 9 and not dropping lower than a 6, without meds. It leaves me a bit shaken, that I can't do much at all for the post-op patient. Like frustrating multiplied by helplessness.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Today I learned Chain has a gf.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          Today I learned Chain has a gf.
          I learned that on FB, where I stalk him like a fan girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
            I learned that on FB, where I stalk him like a fan girl.
            I don't have Facebook!

Mostly art.

Comment

I don't have Facebook!
              The only real difference is that I post (share) more pictures there. Otherwise, same obscene observations of the human condition.

Also? This wasn't my first reference to being in a relationship, on PF, since the divorce was final. I just don't make a bid deal out of it, or draw attention to the fact that I'm off the market - not like people were speculating or intending to swoop in and nab my rotund and vulgar self. I'm just not the type to be "in demand" much.

Sad to say.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I really, really wish I could get eight straight hours of sleep. For the past week I've been getting six or less, and six is usually sufficient but not this week. Something always wakes me up, be it a scam call from Turkey or my own full bladder, and I cannot get back to sleep once dragged out of my stupor.
                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Ugh the ads on Spotify are sooooo much louder than the actual music. I get that ads are louder than programming/content...it's always been that way. But if I want to listen to music at a fairly normal level, the ads are so loud that I'm afraid the neighbours will complain.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                    Ugh the ads on Spotify are sooooo much louder than the actual music. I get that ads are louder than programming/content...it's always been that way. But if I want to listen to music at a fairly normal level, the ads are so loud that I'm afraid the neighbours will complain.
                    I wish someone would market (I almost said invent, but I figure the tech exists already) speakers that you can set a range to, and it reconfigures everything into that range, from soft to loud. Like...we watch Netflix, and there are shows I have to turn it up to 40 just to hear, and others I have to turn it down to 15. I think TV's should be smart enough to figure out the noise people like their media at!
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      I wish someone would market (I almost said invent, but I figure the tech exists already) speakers that you can set a range to, and it reconfigures everything into that range, from soft to loud. Like...we watch Netflix, and there are shows I have to turn it up to 40 just to hear, and others I have to turn it down to 15. I think TV's should be smart enough to figure out the noise people like their media at!
                      That would be brilliant. It's totally marketable, so I think if the tech does exist it must be a matter of people not wanting to piss off advertisers, because they like to have their spots louder than programming. Because you know, it's 1960 and that method of marketing -totally- works.

Comment

The whole "loud" thing goes back a ways,and interestingly back in the VCR days it worked against them. The VCR makers came up with an "APP" that would stop recording when the volume went up, and started when it went back down,so your recording would not have commercials.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          Actually, this is probably because you have a "smart" TV already. We had the same problem and I checked the audio settings on the TV. It had "smart audio" which is supposed to turn down the sound for commercials, but it doesn't work for streaming or movies, because those volumes vary wildly. Seriously, take a look. So much better now.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                            That would be brilliant. It's totally marketable, so I think if the tech does exist it must be a matter of people not wanting to piss off advertisers, because they like to have their spots louder than programming. Because you know, it's 1960 and that method of marketing -totally- works.
                            No doubt. When I did watch television (I've pretty much given it up) I longed for a remote control programmed to mute the tv when commercials came on to counter the annoying loudness.
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

No, it's no big deal. My girlfriend went in for some plumbing work.

But getting up at 4, for surgery at 7:30, that lasted about 2 hours, not including recovery time, meant that I was going to be doing excessive standing, walking, and unsupportive chair-sitting for a little over 8 hours.

That was Wednesday. I'm STILL recuperating from it. Pain levels spiking between a 8 or 9 and not dropping lower than a 6, without meds. It leaves me a bit shaken, that I can't do much at all for the post-op patient. Like frustrating multiplied by helplessness.
                              Thanks Chain I was kind of worried something came up with you and I missed reading about it here. Hope things are going well for your girlfriend and you are starting to feel better.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have Facebook!
                              Same here.

- - - Updated - - -

The only real difference is that I post (share) more pictures there. Otherwise, same obscene observations of the human condition.

Also? This wasn't my first reference to being in a relationship, on PF, since the divorce was final. Not like people were speculating or intending to swoop in and nab my rotund and vulgar self. I'm just not the type to be "in demand" much.

Sad to say.
                              I don't know about that, I hear some lady's like the "Bad Boy" types.
                              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I'd have posted this freaking rant about not having power since 3AM Wednesday, until 9PM yesterday earlier, except I DIDN'T HAVE ANY BLOODY POWER!!!

We had to even go pilfer firewood from the neighbors who are out of the country for the winter after the temp inside the house dropped below 40 degrees... I am now sitting on my computer about a foot and a half away from my space heater, afraid something will go horribly wrong and i am going to be in the cold dark again....
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X