THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I have young kids quit their jobs here with no notice. I always tell them don't do that if you ever want to use us as a reference.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I got quoted $300-800 to fix my power steering leak.

I don't have that kind of money. I can't justify spending up to $800 on a fix on my $1000 van. But no van = no way to work in the winter, unless I wanna walk for an hour one way (which is totally okay, at temps anywhere around zero).

So....fix van, and continue to work. Don't fix van, and have it eventually break down. Damn it. It's actually leaking badly enough that if I park somewhere for two hours, there is fluid on the ground by the time I leave.

Mostly art.

Comment

Be careful. I had a power steering leak I didn't fix. It leaked onto other hoses in the car and I had to repair those also.

Comment

I've been feeling pretty danged depressed lately, in the way that nothing in the world seems appealing or interesting, least of all oneself. All I do is work, eat and sleep, because I don't feel like doing anything, but of course I have to work, which has become quite miserable. I really need to do some grocery shopping because, while I do currently have food, it's an assortment that I can't really make anything out of, so anything I do prepare is rather random, such as the spinach wrapped in a tortilla and watered-down mushroom soup I ate earlier.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Both of my cars are frozen shut and I have to get to the pet store to pick up another heating lamp so I can lower the thermostat back to the normal range... WHY SNOW, WHY?? I don't even lock my cars in the winter, and I still get locked out of them. -.- I spent an hour clearing the snow off my cars with my mittens because the snow brushes are inside the cars... -.-

Comment

THUNDERSTORM!!

*waits for a power outage*

*needs to buy umbrella*

I'm gonna get SOAKED!!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

My nephew (almost 1 year and 2 months old) is screaming while I have a headache and he knows that screaming gets attention. Ugh.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Seriously. The USA must be segregated into two parts. California (it's currently sunny and mild) and then there is the rest of the USA. What the heck is going on with the weather over there?
                  *puts on fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Seriously. The USA must be segregated into two parts. California (it's currently sunny and mild) and then there is the rest of the USA. What the heck is going on with the weather over there?
                    *puts on fan.
                    sunny and low 70's here.
                    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

It's 44 and partly cloudy here, normally I'd be fine with that but I hate what it represents. The approach of spring, which is the worst season.

Pollen and happy people, blegh.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Rain and thunder,in the 40's and then next week supposed to be in the 20's again. Cut me a break Jack frost.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Had a customer come in today looking for running shoes. Showed him a few. He complained about the price. Showed him some cheaper ones. Said they were ugly. Asked if I had anything even cheaper (we are a high end outdoor store, AND the only one in town)...

I told him he could shop at Walmart.

Then he stared at me very intently for a few minutes, smirked, and asked where else I had piercings.

Eff you, creepy dude. This is why I look at rocks for a living.

Mostly art.

Comment

For the first time was told that my interfaith relationship was wrong and not what God wanted.

I am unhappy about this. I mean, really. ARG.

Also, if Nightingale is reading this, I <3 you.
                            hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                              For the first time was told that my interfaith relationship was wrong and not what God wanted.

It's always fun when people forget all about the better parts of Corinthians...
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post

This person must be God's bff.

Comment

Working...
                                X