THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Being 'too drunk to remember' does NOT absolve you of all responsibility. And if you know you are a nasty drunk stop drinking so much. Don't apologise for it though if you are going to keep doing it.... after a while the word sorry becomes meaningless.
    http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=8.msg16180#msg16180 date=1290461202]
      Everyone's knocked up in their early 20's because you live in redneck bible-belt country.

You've got another good thirty years before the little swimmers really start not looking their best, unlike women, who peak in fertility in their early to mid 20's. Don't worry...it's plenty of time. :P
      [/quote]

See, I'm excited about not having kids. I just don't like how upset my parents are about the thing. Not everyone needs to make babies, and I'm no exception.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

I attempted to vacuum my room like I do every Monday on schedule. And great. The vacuum starts slowing down. I clean the filter. I clean the brushes. I clean the little area that gets clogged up. It's like no suction. I check everything, plugs etc. I see the motor working but sounds all zzzzzzzslowwwww. And I realize it's not sucking. At all. So now I have a small pile of ick on my carpet where the crumbs fell out and nothing to clean it up with. Now this is a small vacuum, only about $35. So..I am going to attempt to take it to this local repair shop I know. But if it's more than the price of a new one, no way. Then it's a new one for me. Seriously though. I really liked it. And I don't like having to spend money on this. It does me NO GOOD. >
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=8.msg15915#msg15915 date=1290413249]
          The batteries in my MagicMouse died... so I am using my Logitech Cordless Wave Laser... I used to LOVE this mouse... but I am sorely missing my MagicMouse...

It is amazing how ingrained the touch and swipe controls have become... I keep trying to use them on the Logitech... it no worky.

Item #1 for tomorrow's to-do list... go to store and get batteries.
          [/quote]

I need batteries, too. But for a different purpose.

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=8.msg15915#msg15915 date=1290413249]
          Oh... almost forgot:
          I haven't had time to wash my car since I bought it, and the lady that I bought it from hadn't washed it in a while either (she is a widow and couldn't afford to do anything with it when she had to quit driving it).
          So... I took my car to be washed today.
          I went to the place that everyone raves is the best place to go.
          I payed for "The Works" (set me back $40)... supposed to cover undercarriage, full body wax and topcoat, wheel and tire wash and full interior detail.

When I picked it up, the windows were still dirty, there were streaks and runs in the wax and top-coat, there is still brake-dust on the wheels, the interior looks like they spit on a rag and threw it around on the dash, and called it clean.

I complained, and the manager claimed that he couldn't see what I was talking about. THERE WAS STILL DIRT ON THE DASH!!! I even asked him to hand me a white rag, and I wiped it across the dash, and showed him that it was now brown... he still claimed that I was being overly picky.

So... I spent 3 hours of my Sunday afternoon cleaning my car AFTER paying to have it professionally done... needless to say, I won't be revisiting that establishment... and I will tell everyone I know.

If you are ever in Harlingen, TX, and need to get your car washed, DO NOT go to Carwash Carwash. It isn't worth $0.40, much less $40.00.

That is all.
          [/quote]
          This right there is why I have always been reluctant to use those types of services. I don't even like it when my HUSBAND drives my car, much less leave my car in a stranger's hands to clean it. Should I ever visit you...my car will definitely need a washin... It's a long drive from here to there. However, I will heed your advice and not go to said place. (kinda funny that they have to use the same word twice... like the first time didn't get it across.)

My rant? I have a headache. Should be cleaning as the in-laws will be in town tomorrow, but I have a headache. Sitting in front of a monitor doesn't help either.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg16267#msg16267 date=1290472810]
            I attempted to vacuum my room like I do every Monday on schedule. And great. The vacuum starts slowing down. I clean the filter. I clean the brushes. I clean the little area that gets clogged up. It's like no suction. I check everything, plugs etc. I see the motor working but sounds all zzzzzzzslowwwww. And I realize it's not sucking. At all. So now I have a small pile of ick on my carpet where the crumbs fell out and nothing to clean it up with. Now this is a small vacuum, only about $35. So..I am going to attempt to take it to this local repair shop I know. But if it's more than the price of a new one, no way. Then it's a new one for me. Seriously though. I really liked it. And I don't like having to spend money on this. It does me NO GOOD. >
            [/quote]
            Did you take a look at the belt while you were cleaning the brushes? Sometimes it gets all worn out and over-stretched. If the brushes aren't moving the way they should, and the motor sounds labored, that might be worth a try. $8 or so for a belt, if you put it in yourself.
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=8.msg16272#msg16272 date=1290474236]
              Did you take a look at the belt while you were cleaning the brushes? Sometimes it gets all worn out and over-stretched. If the brushes aren't moving the way they should, and the motor sounds labored, that might be worth a try. $8 or so for a belt, if you put it in yourself.
              [/quote]
              Oh the brushes are moving quite fast. I took the canister out. Where you should be feeling the suckage when on..there is none. It's just a motor sounding like it's about to die. I've had it maybe 2 years. I paid about $35. I decided to just get a new one at Walmart for cheap. Since I just have a bedroom to clean, I can use one of those small canister ones on the cheap. I was going to take it to the repair shop. But seriously? The price was so cheap, I am sure the price to repair and get into the motor is more than a new one. So..a new one it is.

Comment

No, I didn't put glitter in your makeup brush. I don't even own glitter. Maybe, just maybe, in all of your quests to "perfect" your makeup effects YOU used glitter. So I'm not paying you any money for something I clearly didn't do.

Even if I did in some universe I wouldn't pay for a stupid makeup brush. You've yet to reimburse me financially for any damage to my property, such as:

Throwing out my toiletries
                Pouring salt over everything I own (including a computer)
                Entering my room when I'm away to steal personal items to break in front of me
                Stealing my clothing to wear and stretch out (shoes included)
                Stealing my items to tear up and keep in your room (such as my board games)
                Etc, etc

So we can either itemize like this and see whose list is longer, or you can admit you're a lying sack of you-know-what and just keep to your corner of the world.

I'm already regretting moving back home each and every day. It kills me to be this far away again from my bf, with what feels nice no prospect of anything going my way, and all of the joys that come with a family to boot. I don't need you making up stuff.

my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

[quote author=Thjoth link=topic=8.msg16196#msg16196 date=1290463636]
                  Oh no, that's not what's unsettling. I am not particularly concerned for my little swimmers, as I envision them as a navy SEAL dive team. A navy SEAL dive team riding sharks. [/quote]
                  Ha! Awesome

Oh and rafe, I go to EKU
                  Ah! I went to WKU. Not there anymore (college drop-out) but I live pretty nearby and it's where just about everyone around here goes to get 'em some edu-ma-cay-shun.

Comment

my landlord can suck it

Comment

I have CRAZY sharp canine teeth, and they stick down a bit more than normal (I jokingly call them my vampire fangs haha, even though it's both the top and bottom, like real fangs). I bit myself a couple of days ago by accident and it still REALLY hurts!

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg16395#msg16395 date=1290501762]
                        Oh the brushes are moving quite fast. I took the canister out. Where you should be feeling the suckage when on..there is none. It's just a motor sounding like it's about to die. I've had it maybe 2 years. I paid about $35. I decided to just get a new one at Walmart for cheap. Since I just have a bedroom to clean, I can use one of those small canister ones on the cheap. I was going to take it to the repair shop. But seriously? The price was so cheap, I am sure the price to repair and get into the motor is more than a new one. So..a new one it is.
                        [/quote]

Ah, got ya.

Hope your new vacuum works well.

My rant:

I don't want to go out in the cold today. But the kids are going bananas, and we're about to have overdue library books. I can't be a hermit until March.
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

No matter what I do, I can't make this apartment feel like home >.<

Comment

Don't you DARE ever call ME lazy again, you demand that I wake up right NOW then you FALL BACK ASLEEP!

I am the one with the JOB!

I am the one paying for EVERYTHING!

YET I AM LAZY?!?! EFF OFF!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

[quote author=Caelia link=topic=8.msg16435#msg16435 date=1290525046]
                              No, I didn't put glitter in your makeup brush. I don't even own glitter. Maybe, just maybe, in all of your quests to "perfect" your makeup effects YOU used glitter. So I'm not paying you any money for something I clearly didn't do.

Even if I did in some universe I wouldn't pay for a stupid makeup brush. You've yet to reimburse me financially for any damage to my property, such as:

Throwing out my toiletries
                              Pouring salt over everything I own (including a computer)
                              Entering my room when I'm away to steal personal items to break in front of me
                              Stealing my clothing to wear and stretch out (shoes included)
                              Stealing my items to tear up and keep in your room (such as my board games)
                              Etc, etc

So we can either itemize like this and see whose list is longer, or you can admit you're a lying sack of you-know-what and just keep to your corner of the world.

I'm already regretting moving back home each and every day. It kills me to be this far away again from my bf, with what feels nice no prospect of anything going my way, and all of the joys that come with a family to boot. I don't need you making up stuff.
                              [/quote]

So we found the culprit. She wears more makeup than a circus clown. The "glitter" is really the shimmery stuff in her makeup. Next time she needs to tone down the eyeshadow and blush.

It's sad and funny at the same time because nwo I'm not supposed to keep anything outside of my room. While unofficial before, it's official decree now.
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

to descend."

Comment

(I picked up a small Dirt Devil stick vacuum for $19.99) It does the job. I just have to vacuum maybe every other day if I want to not break it.

Ok. Saw the Orthopedist today. Got my feet molded for new inserts. And..I was given these nifty contraptions to sleep with (for quite some damned time I have come to find out) on both feet. It takes me five minutes to put ONE on. And I get up and go to the bathroom often. PLUS I move around in bed. Now I can just sleep on my back. No movement. I am giving them a few days of wearing and then gonna try to do just like 2 days a week or something. They are supposed to stretch my calf muscles. I REALLY REALLY DO NO LIKEE! > >

Comment

Working...
                                X