THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Worst. Night. Ever. One person called off work, and the super didn't show, as is his weekly Thursday ritual. But he did, for whatever reason, show up five hours late. So, it was me and the new girl, and this girl doesn't listen for shit. I'm getting pretty sick of my boss hiring idiots.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Argh...anti-Freedom propaganda....hate it...hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it.

I am so glad that I am as Free as I am, but lament the Freedoms that we have lost (and am completely disgusted by the people that don't realize what that means).

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
        Argh...anti-Freedom propaganda....hate it...hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it.

I am so glad that I am as Free as I am, but lament the Freedoms that we have lost (and am completely disgusted by the people that don't realize what that means).

Pick an excuse.
        'It's for your own safety."
        "It's to ensure the security of your children."
        "The best way to catch those that intend to break the law."
        "People can't be trusted to decide for themselves."
        "We must root out all evil before it even gets a foothold."
        "X number of peoples lives could be saved."

It doesn't matter how they mask it. If it infringes on freedom it is an abomination, simply for it's implications.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My boss quit, we have been open a month and she bitched out. Now we find out why none of us were allowed to work full time. Because she was working 12 hours a day 6 days a week.... No fucking wonder she was stressed! But she wasn't always in the store working, she liked to talk about coming in at 5 am to cook everything, except she didn't cook anything.... We all did... So what was it she did? Because they aren't replacing her, or promoting any of us, they just aren't having a manager for us any more. Our jobs haven't changed, she was just there to be a psycho.... Things run so much smoother now except one thing.... The freaking women I work with are bitchy, nit-pickey at each other, snippy psychopaths..... Now I know what my boss did... Shut the bitches up...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            Pick an excuse.
            'It's for your own safety."
            "It's to ensure the security of your children."
            "The best way to catch those that intend to break the law."
            "People can't be trusted to decide for themselves."
            "We must root out all evil before it even gets a foothold."
            "X number of peoples lives could be saved."

It doesn't matter how they mask it. If it infringes on freedom it is an abomination, simply for it's implications.
            Eh, as a woman I've gained more freedom than has been "lost". And I'm pretty sure, that if someone is actually concerned with actual freedom, there are several million people in the world still living in honest-to-goodness bondage that could set them straight, and another couple million actually living in honest-to-goodness oppression that could add to that chorus.

The problem is that what one considers "freedom" is not stagnate. Colonial Americans, or Civil War era Americans, or Gilded Age Americans, or WWII era Americans were no more or less free than we are, they just considered different freedoms as essential, and committed a different expectation to the responsibility owed in exchange for those freedoms.

Its not better, or worse...its just different.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

There is just way too much going on right now. Blame the cosmos or what have you, people are effed up in my neck of the woods. One of the tenants in my house is a really old guy who's going out of his mind. He was relatively normal when I moved in, but he took a sharp turn for the worse. On the milder side, he's usually sitting in the living room or outside by the door staring into space. Sometimes he paces between the living room and kitchen; one morning I went to fix breakfast, and every time he paced into the kitchen he would stand and stare at me for a moment. I've heard him moaning and crying, and now he talks to himself. Several times I've walked past his room, where he was sleeping naked with the door open. For a while he was sitting in the living room in only his bathrobe (or dressing gown if you're from Europe), and another tenant told me he saw him touching himself. He never cleans up after himself and keeps taking one of the tenant's bananas. His latest habit is turning on the faucet in his bathroom and leaving the water running for hours at a time. The landlady is always asking about him and we tell her the truth, but she doesn't seem willing to do anything about it. I guess she wants to feign concern but not lose a renter.

My job used to be a nice change of pace from being at home, but I don't know how I'm going to get through this weekend. Tonight and tomorrow it's going to be me teamed up with the new girl and the part-time worker who doesn't give a damn about doing a good job. I call her the new girl, but she's actually about 35ish; she doesn't have a uniform yet and last night she was wearing tight booty shorts, tight shirt, and colorful socks up to the knees. She didn't listen to anything I said and had a very "F'k it" attitude. "Oh, there's only a little bit of trash in that bin? F'k it, I'm not changing the bag. Oh, we only have half an hour left? F'k it, let's stall for time." It's not my place to correct her, but I may just have to explain to her that I'm not a slacker, that I actually take pride in my work and like doing a good job, which is impossible when my team doesn't cooperate. For all the good it will do, which will probably be none.
              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

We found a pregnancy test in the women's bathroom at work tonight. Ick.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  We found a pregnancy test in the women's bathroom at work tonight. Ick.

Did the rabbit die?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Ok, so....a friend of mine is in town visiting from the US. She's not a super close friend, but I enjoy spending time with her and I wouldn't call her an acquaintance (just as some background for what I'm about to say).

Anyway, another friend came in from the UK and we all went for food and drinks yesterday evening. The UK friend brought her friend with her, and a few other people were possibly coming, so I asked my boyfriend if he wanted to tag along, since he gets along with my friends fairly well. He thought it would be a nice thing to do, so he came. We had a nice time chatting with each other and the evening was going well. Until....

I was chatting with UK friend and I heard a bit of a debate going on between US friend and my BF. I sensed something worrying about the tone, but I let it slide, because it was about theatre and opera, which is her field and he has a lot of family connections in theatre. I figured it was something they were both bound to get passionate about and didn't think much more of it. But then while I was talking to UK friend, the US friend stands up and tells me that she's leaving. Apparently in a short period of time, he managed to offend her so badly that she couldn't stay.

Now, I've heard his side of the story and was filled in by the UK girl's friend, who is a fairly neutral party (she doesn't know either of them at all). I haven't heard US friend's side of the story yet (because she's still really upset and for some reason won't speak to me), but from what I gather, he said that most people don't go to the opera for the text, which is maybe controversial for someone who studies opera but I think a lot of people do think that (I certainly don't go for the text or the story). They were debating this and she somehow got out of it that he thinks opera is stupid (which according to him and A, he never said). A said that he probably used some words that could be misinterpreted, but she felt that as a non-native speaker, that was understandable. She said that it seemed like US friend was kind of digging for a fight and that she got a bit emotional and took it all out of proportion, which sounds plausible to me (She can be fiery). Anyway, she left and said that she was sorry if this ended our friendship. I stayed and asked UK friend and her friend if they would chill out with me for a while (they did). I asked my BF to leave. I didn't feel like he was in the wrong, but I know him and we've had our fights, and I know that sometimes, he doesn't deal with conflict very well and sometimes when situations like that happen, he can indadvertedly make them worse. I wanted him to apologize for the misunderstanding and be the bigger person but he couldn't do that (for the record, he -can- do that, but he needs his time. He told me he would be willing to do so today). I had an ok time chatting with the other two and we tried to put the whole incident behind us and not let it ruin our evening).

But I still feel kind of sour about it, and I feel more upset at her than him. My thoughts are:

-I feel that she put me in a really awkward position when she said "I'm sorry if this ends our friendship." It was basically asking me to pick a side, and it seemed like a fairly ridiculous argument in the first place. And it's kind of shitty because of course I'm going to side with my BF there....he dealt with things poorly, but when push comes to shove, he didn't do or say anything particularly offensive, and he's my BF and we live together. I really don't think she meant it, but it still bothered me.

-I can't understand how they couldn't each just take a walk around the block, come back, and shake hands. It's not hard.

-Poor UK friend and A....seriously. Especially A. She doesn't know any of us (she met me once 2 years ago and doesn't know the two of them at all) but she was on that side of the table and had to listen to the whole train wreck.

-I just feel like it was all a bit childish.

-It really bothers me that she still won't talk to me. I sent her a message to apologize for the whole misunderstanding, but she never replied. Now I feel guilty somehow, and I didn't even do or say anything.

-I feel like I'm too old for this. We're all too old for this.

Anyway, I'll get over it, but I just needed to vent. I've already dumped those frustrations enough on my BF (I don't want to keep repeating them....he knows how I feel and he has apologized to me for being stubborn and for his reaction and how that made me feel).

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                      -I feel like I'm too old for this. We're all too old for this.
                      The sentiment is and understatement, I think. Be annoyed, you earned it here. But I think the wording isn't accurate.

I'm exhausted after Sophie's 2nd Annual Mermaid Sleep-over last night, in which 6 little girls invaded my home and partied hard, so excuse the tactlessness...but really? A friendship ending fight because she didn't like your boyfriend's opinions on opera? OPERA? Hardly anyone even cares about opera...even a good number of opera goers. If she gets that effing catty over people's opinions of opera, I'm surprised she talks to anyone.

My 6 7-year-olds biggest "fight" last night was over who got the blue vs the pink ribbon wands. It took them 2 whole minutes to work it out to their satisfaction without adult assistance. The second biggest "fight" last night was on whether to watch Brave or Tangled after Frozen...they determined the best way to decide was to hold democratic elections.

They all left this morning renewing their "Pact of Mermaid Sisterhood".

I think 1st graders should rule the world, we'd have far less conflict.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        The sentiment is and understatement, I think. Be annoyed, you earned it here. But I think the wording isn't accurate.

I'm exhausted after Sophie's 2nd Annual Mermaid Sleep-over last night, in which 6 little girls invaded my home and partied hard, so excuse the tactlessness...but really? A friendship ending fight because she didn't like your boyfriend's opinions on opera? OPERA? Hardly anyone even cares about opera...even a good number of opera goers. If she gets that effing catty over people's opinions of opera, I'm surprised she talks to anyone.

My 6 7-year-olds biggest "fight" last night was over who got the blue vs the pink ribbon wands. It took them 2 whole minutes to work it out to their satisfaction without adult assistance. The second biggest "fight" last night was on whether to watch Brave or Tangled after Frozen...they determined the best way to decide was to hold democratic elections.

Haha kids can be great that way! Thanks for weighing in. That's pretty much what's bugging me. I was marginally annoyed at him at the time for being stubborn, but we talked about it, I told him how I felt, and he apologized. But her behaviour is just irking me.

I feel too old in that this feels like the kind of drama that friends may have pulled when we were 20 or so. But we're all 30+ now.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

They're terrible about holding treaties when they get bored. I had to explain to a young cousin recently that the consequence for violating a time-out during a game is that her opponent reserves the right to ignore any and all attempts to claim time-out.

- - - Updated - - -

Granted first graders are also generally less dangerous in their choice of treaties to break.
                          Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Damn.... It seemed that I have 2 whole weeks of holiday (because of the Jewish Pesah)!
                            In the end the teachers have filled the whole first week with marathons of learning (the length of each is like the one of an ordinary school day, but! --> the day is split into 2 lessons that last for 3.25 hours each)... And I think they have also taken a day or two from the second week.
                            Now how can this ^ be called a holiday??????:rage:
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Culture means perhaps that "Holiday" does not always mean what you think it means...I mean is "Lent" a "holiday" kinda a holiday from things you give up...
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I can't deal with my mother. She's driving me nuts, ranting and raving about how unappreciative and useless we all are and how the cat's litter box is going to put her in the hospital because of her asthma. It's a little funny that she always flips about the litter box the day after I clean it but almost never any other time. She sounds drunk but I can't be sure since I'm not going to leave my room. Gosh, she's just so loud I'm surprised she hasn't woken up dad yet.
                                They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                                Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                                -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X