Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
    I'm so bothered right now. Mom was just saying how she needs to cut back on groceries because things are too expensive, how she's negative (again) in her checking account, so tonight she's using her last bit of cash to buy cheap wine. The best part? she's too drunk to get it herself right now so she asked her son's friend to go get it. The only one who agreed happens to be one mom has a restraining order against. And she's "allowing her to buy her wine". I'm just URGH I can't even complain either. She'll say she's entitled to her wine, dad will say he can't do anything about it, other members of the family will pretend she doesn't have a problem.
    Dude, that's some lameass BS right there. I'm sorry you have to put up with that. You should come work for me, we could be roomies.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
      Dude, that's some lameass BS right there. I'm sorry you have to put up with that. You should come work for me, we could be roomies.
      I just don't get her. People still think she's not an alcoholic, except dad but he won't do anything about it. Normally if she runs out of wine she'll drink dad's beer (he's much more moderate in his alcoholic consumption so he usually has a lot of beer because mom keeps buying it) which makes her sick because of her health problems and she really shouldn't drink. I think the getting sick part is the only reason she went and got wine this time.

My dad's ex-fiance also recently died, who happens to be the step mother to one of my brother's friends. That's fine, people die and that's okay. She died of what appears to be an accidental pill overdose. But when dad found out he started spouting all this crap about her and how she committed suicide because she couldn't get over her sister's death some 20 years ago, and other personal details of hers to my step mom. Then of course she won't shut up about it and you know it really bothered me. She was the only one of dad's girlfriends that acted like the mother I always wanted, and stayed around long enough for me to get over my trust issues and bond with her. My step mom has no right to talk about her. She knows nothing about her and dad shouldn't have told her anything. After I told her to stop she got acted really nice to me so at least she realized it bothered me.

Once she passed out on the couch her son came in and woke her up and asked her to babysit his friend's baby while they hung out, note it's 10 at night and shouldn't that baby be home and asleep? She'd been drinking since after dinner around 4ish (we eat dinner early because dad gets up early and so needs to sleep early) and had gone through about half a bottle total (I think?). She's clearly in no condition so she mumbles something and goes back to snoozing. So instead he asks me to watch the baby. I said no because I don't really like children, I think they're icky. He tries to convince me but it doesn't work so he says okay and leaves. Half hour later his friends show up with their baby because he didn't bother to tell them we said no. At least they were more reasonable so they didn't try to make us watch the kid.

I'm also a piece of shit because I didn't do any work on the writing assignment due next week which I have maybe a fourth way done. I should stop being so ambitious when I pick assignments because I have no Idea why I thought rewriting A Midsummers Night's Dream was a good idea. Though, in my defense I wanted to do a presentation about fairies in mythology and how this influenced Shakespeare's portrayal of fairies in the play and my teacher kind of pushed me into fanfiction.
      They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
      Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
      -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Corvus if you want some support check out al-non or al-ateen its support groups for children and family members of acholics and drug addicts just putting it out there.

Comment

Im sick of the VA dragging its feet. Ive been trying to get a doctors appointment for weeks.

Comment

My boss really needs to choose better employees. Like, choose based on their merit and experience rather than choosing people who have connections. This new girl called off yet again last night, claiming she had a family emergency. Really, you need to be in the hospital when you work overnight? Wouldn't your family member be sleeping? I doubt it's even true, but it's not like I could force her to come in. The other lady, who was the only one who could come in without going over her allotted number of work hours, said she was recovering from the flu. So, it was me and Slacker Boy. The store is closed for Easter today, so they rushed us out two hours early, but it was still a rough night. Having walked to and from work two days in a row has taken its toll.

I'm just baffled that a new employee has called off, been late, and left early as many times as she has. I don't know what it is about this place, but back home I never worked with people who behaved this way. Using my new Superpowerz, I will be sure to bust her hump tonight.

And Corv, I just wanna give you a big, bone-crushing hug.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Today is going to be a bad day for someone. And it ain't me.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

AAGGGGGHHHH!!!!! ive been seriously lookin for a job the past wk, and so far 5 places have sent me rejection emails.. thats almost one every day of the wk D:

Comment

So my friend on fb just commented to me:
                  What Jodee Gonzales.
                  And underneath it had a Bing translation link.
                  I clicked it.
                  What Jose Gonzales

What fuckery racist bing fb crap is that?
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                    Im sick of the VA dragging its feet. Ive been trying to get a doctors appointment for weeks.
                    Its the VA and the military in general. Jump through gods knows how many hoops and they're still gunna screw you over-thats what I'm dealing with right now concerning our ETS move crap
                    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                    sigpic

Comment

I really try to be considerate of others' beliefs, but sometimes I just can't find any patience for the ignorant things that some people think and say. :slap:

Comment

If I don't get something sorted out with a CD box set shipment I was supposed to receive 3 days ago, and now today is the release day of said CD and still nothing, USPS is going to fucking burn.

Comment

And the majority of Star Wars EU, including the couple pieces I really liked are no longer canon. I am not pleased.
                          Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            And the majority of Star Wars EU, including the couple pieces I really liked are no longer canon. I am not pleased.
                            This. The news really bummed me out. I hope the pre-Jedi stuff is still canon at least.
                            Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              I am super unhappy about this.
                              hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Well some parts may be re-acquired but this move renders Mara, Nomi and Thon functionally equivalent to Infinities and that aggravates the hell out of me especially since Thon and Nomi are unlikely to he revisited anyway.
                                Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X