THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Made it half my shift at work. Was coughing and pretty much wheezing.

I also wore a mask so that I didn't spread my coughing fits all around. The customers actually thanked me for that.

And now I'm downing hot cough syrup I found in my melting medicine cabinet.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

There are some seriously pretentious, humorless little pricks creeping around the youtube comments section.

Comment

My job is weird. No. It's friggin' INSANE. I would just like to have a normal night. No batshit insane scenes. No really inventive or "artistic" bad guys. Just once.

That's not so much to ask, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
          My job is weird. No. It's friggin' INSANE. I would just like to have a normal night. No batshit insane scenes. No really inventive or "artistic" bad guys. Just once.

That's not so much to ask, is it?
          Off topic. You sound just like a character in a series of books called The Joe Ledger series. Seriously. Every time I listen to it, I start thinking of you. Word.

Comment

Today's rant can be summed up in two words: Bloody goutweed.
            Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              Off topic. You sound just like a character in a series of books called The Joe Ledger series. Seriously. Every time I listen to it, I start thinking of you. Word.
              Who's the author?

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
                Who's the author?
                Jonathan Mayberry. He does these very realistic sci fi thrillers. Think Zombies done bio terrorism style with military grade precision.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Jonathan Mayberry. He does these very realistic sci fi thrillers. Think Zombies done bio terrorism style with military grade precision.
                  Thanks. Off to fire up the Nook.

Comment

I'm still heartbroken over my ex. One day, an attractive guy who I knew back in High School started messaging me over facebook and essentially asked me out. I straightforwardly told him that he was cute, but if we were to date it would have to be casual because I'm not over my last relationship. He said he was fine with that.
                    We've only hung out about twice since then, but I'm very afraid he's going to get attached and want to be my boyfriend. For one thing, he keeps picking me flowers and wanting to hang out every day, buy me dinner, meet my friends, etc. A mutual friend who knows him much better than I do says that he is the kind of guy who gets very attached. Maybe he's just being polite, and I do enjoy spending time with him, but the flowers and compliments make me a bit concerned that he wants this to go past casual. Besides that, he introduced himself to my parents when he was over. I probably shouldn't have let him do that :/
                    This guy is so, so sweet, but my heart's still wrenched about my crazy, abusive ex. I know I can't go back, and I never will, but he's still in my thoughts all the time. I still cry about him almost every night. I miss him dearly, I just don't miss the abusive, neglectful treatment that pushed me away. My heart is too consumed and broken to let somebody new in.
                    I CAN'T be this guy's girlfriend. It would be completely unfair to him and unfair to me. I could never love him, and I could never properly heal as long as I would be with him. Maybe I've given him some mixed signals, or perhaps, hopefully, he understands that we can't be serious but likes all the bells and whistles of taking a girl out- I've had little flings like that before; lots of dates but a mutually agreed lack of commitment. In any case, I think that I must have a talk with him when I see him next. I need to clarify exactly what "casual" means before this goes any further.
                    Hopefully, he is just being polite and understands that I cannot have a relationship again any time soon. He's such a nice, respectful human being. I'd absolutely hate to hurt him. There's been more than enough sadness and heartbreak going around these days.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                      I'm still heartbroken over my ex. One day, an attractive guy who I knew back in High School started messaging me over facebook and essentially asked me out. I straightforwardly told him that he was cute, but if we were to date it would have to be casual because I'm not over my last relationship. He said he was fine with that.
                      We've only hung out about twice since then, but I'm very afraid he's going to get attached and want to be my boyfriend. For one thing, he keeps picking me flowers and wanting to hang out every day, buy me dinner, meet my friends, etc. A mutual friend who knows him much better than I do says that he is the kind of guy who gets very attached. Maybe he's just being polite, and I do enjoy spending time with him, but the flowers and compliments make me a bit concerned that he wants this to go past casual. Besides that, he introduced himself to my parents when he was over. I probably shouldn't have let him do that :/
                      This guy is so, so sweet, but my heart's still wrenched about my crazy, abusive ex. I know I can't go back, and I never will, but he's still in my thoughts all the time. I still cry about him almost every night. I miss him dearly, I just don't miss the abusive, neglectful treatment that pushed me away. My heart is too consumed and broken to let somebody new in.
                      I CAN'T be this guy's girlfriend. It would be completely unfair to him and unfair to me. I could never love him, and I could never properly heal as long as I would be with him. Maybe I've given him some mixed signals, or perhaps, hopefully, he understands that we can't be serious but likes all the bells and whistles of taking a girl out- I've had little flings like that before; lots of dates but a mutually agreed lack of commitment. In any case, I think that I must have a talk with him when I see him next. I need to clarify exactly what "casual" means before this goes any further.
                      Hopefully, he is just being polite and understands that I cannot have a relationship again any time soon. He's such a nice, respectful human being. I'd absolutely hate to hurt him. There's been more than enough sadness and heartbreak going around these days.
                      Have you explained to him how messed up your last relationship was? If so, I think you need to tell him. You don't have to use detail, you can use very broad strokes. But I think he should know.
                      In my opinion, you really need some time to let your heart heal, to step back from all of this, and well... He should understand that to. Explain to him how messed up things were, and that you need time and you don't know if things will go anywhere but you literally can't handle that right now.
                      He sounds like a nice guy, if clingy, and hopefully he'll understand that what you need doesn't line up with what he wants. If he really cares about you, he'll be willing to wait it out and give you some space.

Sorry if you weren't asking for advice, but I know how hard it is to move on from an abusive relationship. That person messes with your thoughts long after the fact ... If this guy is really quality, I hope he's still around if you become ready for something more, but what matters the most is that you take the time YOU need for yourself to heal. You are what matters here. Take care. I hate your ex.
                      <3's -Mal
                      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                        Have you explained to him how messed up your last relationship was? If so, I think you need to tell him. You don't have to use detail, you can use very broad strokes. But I think he should know.
                        In my opinion, you really need some time to let your heart heal, to step back from all of this, and well... He should understand that to. Explain to him how messed up things were, and that you need time and you don't know if things will go anywhere but you literally can't handle that right now.
                        He sounds like a nice guy, if clingy, and hopefully he'll understand that what you need doesn't line up with what he wants. If he really cares about you, he'll be willing to wait it out and give you some space.

Sorry if you weren't asking for advice, but I know how hard it is to move on from an abusive relationship. That person messes with your thoughts long after the fact ... If this guy is really quality, I hope he's still around if you become ready for something more, but what matters the most is that you take the time YOU need for yourself to heal. You are what matters here. Take care. I hate your ex.
                        <3's -Mal
                        Thanks, Mal. That was actually very helpful to hear. He is a bit clingy, but also sweet and understanding, so I hope he isn't hurt by the fact that I need some pretty serious space and healing time. Take care <3

Comment

My teenager babysitter is "in love" and "wants to get married" to the boy she just met last week (apparently he proposed). She also wants him to come and help babysit.

Fuck no.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

One week is never love,like or lust maybe,but never love...Might I ask what is your Baby sitters age?
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              One week is never love,like or lust maybe,but never love...Might I ask what is your Baby sitters age?
                              17 going on 14...or at least that is what it looks like to me

don't get me wrong, she's a nice girl...but...unrealistic
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                My teenager babysitter is "in love" and "wants to get married" to the boy she just met last week (apparently he proposed). She also wants him to come and help babysit.

Fuck no.
                                Yeah, screw that childish BS.
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X