THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I haz to work 7 days straight. I mean yay, hours. Boo,next day off is next Thursday.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

V's budget deficit reminded me of the debt we have accumulated, here, due to several years' worth of short budgets. 3 years of property taxes, making up almost 11k, and this reverse mortgage is 13k over the principal limit. Just for a bit of icing on that s#!t cake, the house needs repairs, and I need to find some sort of trail transportation (with the ability to plow snow) that isn't a 4-wheeler. Something like a Polaris RZR, a side-by-side UTV, that runs around $18,000-$21,000 new, even without the plow attachment.

Seems that I need to win the lottery to get caught up, to get where I can actually USE our backyard, AND to have some sort of so-called 'retirement'. Like that would ever happen!

Plan B? A bank robbing spree! But then I'd lose it all and spend the rest of my life in prison. Bonus for the limited physical demands plus room and board. But still... locked up is worse than dead.

Okay, Plan C, then. Dead. Uh... I don't own any handguns, anymore, the pills I have aren't the right type and twine won't work for hanging myself.

Dammit!

I need to come up with another tack to take! No bank robberies, no lotteries, no suicides... and friggen Social Security is neither social nor secure, in that they flat out deny that I'm eligible. Idiots!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
        V's budget deficit reminded me of the debt we have accumulated, here, due to several years' worth of short budgets. 3 years of property taxes, making up almost 11k, and this reverse mortgage is 13k over the principal limit. Just for a bit of icing on that s#!t cake, the house needs repairs, and I need to find some sort of trail transportation (with the ability to plow snow) that isn't a 4-wheeler. Something like a Polaris RZR, a side-by-side UTV, that runs around $18,000-$21,000 new, even without the plow attachment.

Seems that I need to win the lottery to get caught up, to get where I can actually USE our backyard, AND to have some sort of so-called 'retirement'. Like that would ever happen!

Plan B? A bank robbing spree! But then I'd lose it all and spend the rest of my life in prison. Bonus for the limited physical demands plus room and board. But still... locked up is worse than dead.

Okay, Plan C, then. Dead. Uh... I don't own any handguns, anymore, the pills I have aren't the right type and twine won't work for hanging myself.

Dammit!

I need to come up with another tack to take! No bank robberies, no lotteries, no suicides... and friggen Social Security is neither social nor secure, in that they flat out deny that I'm eligible. Idiots!
        I'm sorry you're in such a bad spot. I really don't get social security... You sound a hell of a lot worse off than my mother and she managed to get it, they're really pick and choosy.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
          I'm sorry you're in such a bad spot. I really don't get social security... You sound a hell of a lot worse off than my mother and she managed to get it, they're really pick and choosy.

It comes down to what is documented. And the very simple question, "can you work?" I have a ton of restrictions but I do not have a doctor that's said, "he is unable to work." I CAN work, IF the job meets all the criteria of my limitations. Which is, in a practical sense, a physical sense, and all other senses except 'legal', patently impossible.

I just want to feel WORTH a damn, at this point, instead of a parasite in need of more hosts.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Had to close last night till 11:30pm. Got home by midnight.
            Had to get up at 7am *going to bed at 2am because I always work closing shifts and the one morning shift threw my sleep pattern out of whack.
            Spent till 5:30pm as the main register at the tool store.
            On Memorial Day weekend.
            With our huge giving out free crap with coupons.
            Which we quickly sold out of everything except electric fly swatters.

I'm going to pretend to be in a coma.

oh yeah. Breakfast was 2 slices of toast.
            Lunch was supposed to be a bean and cheese burrito with some strawberries on the side.
            Cooked the microwavable burrito.
            Opened the package.
            It was full of green mold.

Efffit.

Comment

I feel like I really need to hurl. Finished our meal at our favorite diner this evening and almost immediately when we got the check, my stomach started feeling very weird. "We should go!" and I waited outside while he paid the bill because I felt that if I wasn't going to get some fresh air, my dinner was going to end up all over the diner floor, which I did not want.
              After a couple of minutes outside, it subsided a little... enough to drive home. But I'm debating if I should force myself to barf or not. I really hate this feeling.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Medusa, check out the Dead Space graphic novels. They're pretty reasonable on Kindle/Nook, and they're right up your alley.

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
                  Medusa, check out the Dead Space graphic novels. They're pretty reasonable on Kindle/Nook, and they're right up your alley.
                  thanks. will do!

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    The worst bit is it's not like I'm trying to drive a sports car and live in a mansion, you know? I can almost afford it, but not quite. I think that makes it harder - I made my phone bill cheaper, I gave up going out to eat, etc...little things. But it's just not quite enough extra cash. It'd be easier to take if this place was WAY outta my range. But being only $100-200 shy a month is crushing.
                    Awww I'm really sorry to hear that

Comment

Comment

I'm going to spend the whole day tomorrow learning... From 7:45 am until 7:35 pm... without normal breaks... I hope my bag will not be too heavy and that I'll find an Akomol pill by morning.
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I can't answer for eveyone here, but I'll have a stab at this anyway.

I think a lot of the result here has to do with people all over Europe being sick and tired of the EU running roughshod over the wishes of the populaces in each country. And we're effing tired of having politicians that don't listen to what we say, that every time you criticise the EU you get cast as a nutter. Okay fine then, we'll vote for the nutters then - at least they listen.
                          Also the EU was originally a trading union and there's way too much crap left over from back then that never got tossed out when EU started to changed into something else. That part needs to change, and rapidly, if the Eu is going to survive, but none of the middle parties are willing to get their fingers out and do anything.
                          So I think a lot of the progress of the far right here is pure protest votes. We (the people of the various member countries) want a different EU, our usual politicians won't provide a viable alternative to the system that in our eyes do not function, so we vote for the only alternative there is. If they want us to vote differently next time, they are going to have to present us with a viable alternative both to the far right and to the present system.

For the record I voted (very) far left-wing, but that's because in my country we still have the remnants of an EU-critical left. (The right-wing still got a landslide in Denmark though. But then our "right" got nothing on UKIP or what you've got in Germany) In many countries it's only the (far) right that is critical, and so if you as a voter are critical of the EU, all you have to vote for are the right-wing nutters.
                          Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

It's hot. my make up is gonna melt off. The bus will be super cold. And this is how I never get well.
                            boo. hiissss.
                            I can't see Wolvie till Friday.
                            i want to have a melt down.
                            I want an ice cream pop.
                            waaaaaaaaa.
                            kbye

Comment

I generally like the smell of frshly cut grass.

I don't like the smell of fresh cut grass because the backyard door was left open and now is mixed with the smell of delicious lemon cake.

Why does everything make me want to hurl these days. (And just to squelch the mention of anything related... I am not pregnant so don't even go there.)
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                                I can't answer for eveyone here, but I'll have a stab at this anyway.

I think a lot of the result here has to do with people all over Europe being sick and tired of the EU running roughshod over the wishes of the populaces in each country. And we're effing tired of having politicians that don't listen to what we say, that every time you criticise the EU you get cast as a nutter. Okay fine then, we'll vote for the nutters then - at least they listen.
                                Also the EU was originally a trading union and there's way too much crap left over from back then that never got tossed out when EU started to changed into something else. That part needs to change, and rapidly, if the Eu is going to survive, but none of the middle parties are willing to get their fingers out and do anything.
                                So I think a lot of the progress of the far right here is pure protest votes. We (the people of the various member countries) want a different EU, our usual politicians won't provide a viable alternative to the system that in our eyes do not function, so we vote for the only alternative there is. If they want us to vote differently next time, they are going to have to present us with a viable alternative both to the far right and to the present system.

For the record I voted (very) far left-wing, but that's because in my country we still have the remnants of an EU-critical left. (The right-wing still got a landslide in Denmark though. But then our "right" got nothing on UKIP or what you've got in Germany) In many countries it's only the (far) right that is critical, and so if you as a voter are critical of the EU, all you have to vote for are the right-wing nutters.
                                Yeah I do know that's why, but I'm just surprised it goes to the right wing parties. Most countries also have a lot of special interest fringe parties like the Pirate Party or the Animal Party (which -did- get seats here, I suppose) and I'm surprised that if people were going to protest vote, that they didn't go there.

I guess at the end of the day, AfD isn't really a far-right party. They started as an anti Euro currency party but weren't really anti-EU and their founders don't really have any racist or hyper conservative ideals (most are conservative academics). I guess it's more that the far-right latched onto them very quickly, as did quite a few members of the far-left (though, Die Linke is relatively EU critical, so I have no idea why...maybe they're too "mainstream" for some far-lefter tastes).

I do get it though. I voted Green (I almost always vote Green), but I'm kind of getting frustrated with the Greens (though for other reasons than the EU....I'm more annoyed at what politicians do on the local level in various countries than I am with the EU and overall I think most of Germany's problems are based in Germany).

Comment

Working...
                                X