THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

I'm beginning to think there should be a cap per year on certain topics. Once the cap has been reached for the year, staff kill the subject on sight.
    Sounds good to me!
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Originally posted by Malflick View Post
      I'm really tired of talking about ridiculous conspiracy theories that can be disproved with basic reasoning, or a single Google search. I have looked at the numerous threads and wanted to type something... But I'm just tired of it. Its always the same old thing.
      I'm beginning to think there should be a cap per year on certain topics. Once the cap has been reached for the year, staff kill the subject on sight.
      I say we merge them all into one big, steaming pile of blargh and let it die.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

There are several recent repetitive topics that I'm thinking I'd like to see killed on sight.

But then... MO is sexy when he wears green.

Comment

Given his usual expression of tyranny, he's still vastly more docile than I am. I generally want to take aim at anything "stupid" which unfortunately includes some of my own contributions to the site. I'm way too critical, opinionated, temperamental and discriminating (perhaps even prejudiced). I take what happens on this site very personally.

That will also double as my (half-hearted) rant for this morning.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            Given his usual expression of tyranny, he's still vastly more docile than I am. I generally want to take aim at anything "stupid" which unfortunately includes some of my own contributions to the site. I'm way too critical, opinionated, temperamental and discriminating (perhaps even prejudiced). I take what happens on this site very personally.

That will also double as my (half-hearted) rant for this morning.
            Is it terrible that green and red posts make me smile? Critical, opinionated and temperamental are not awful traits in my book. I love it when you folks get out your colours. :wink razz:

Comment

LOL, Case in point: Where I said
              on this site very personally.
              Shouldn't that read "very personal" instead?

Yeah. Anyways...

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                Is it terrible that green and red posts make me smile? Critical, opinionated and temperamental are not awful traits in my book. I love it when you folks get out your colours. :wink razz:
                *Raises hand shyly*
                I kind of like it too.

Comment

I find them pretty interesting too. Please don't kill me! *hides in the closest bush*
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Wow. And here we try to limit our Official Colors (colours, if you will) as much as humanly possible. What's wrong with you guys? You want to see us lose it MORE? Sadists!

/kidding

Comment

I am really tired of the sensational stories that pop up on Facebook. I quite seriously said the next person to post one on my friends list is getting the boot. Is it really that hard to take 2 seconds to Google if it's a myth? The most recent one is of a woman's breast supposedly infected with bot flies from a new bra she didn't wash. It's disturbing and disgusting. I don't want to see that on my page. And its a complete fabrication. Rawr
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

I say we merge them all into one big, steaming pile of blargh and let it die.
                        Blargh isn't the word I would have used but I'll accept it none the less.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Yes yes yes me too!

Of course ForumRunner doesn't do colour, so I have to guess. But I like it when it happens haha
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

As short a time as I've been on the site thus far, I have seen the fun and value of the colored posts here. At least the colored posts here still utilize measured, thoughtful, critical thinking whilst being opinionated and temperamental.

Comment

This is a pretty happy topic for the rant thread, but I've been invited to do two awesome yet separate things in two different cities over the weekend.
                              The thing that I already agreed to is to go stay the night in San Fran with two buddies to see the gay pride parade. I just got invited to go to Sacramento all Saturday to see a demonstration in honor of the Santa Barbara shooting victims and- here's the really temping part- to see a punk rock show later that night.
                              Of course, I'm going to the gay pride thing like I already committed to doing. It'll still be fun, but... but... punk rock show Eh.
                              Considering that this is my biggest problem right now, I'd say that things have taken a pretty positive turn.

Comment

My rant is about the freaking dreams I always have. Nothing really bad in the sense of reality,just stupid dreams.
                                In the dreams I am lost in a strange city,and I wander with no money or idea of where I am. I think it has to do with my age and feeling kinda powerless about being old. In my younger days I had occasion to be in some strange cities,and always found my way around. Usually I get these dreams in the hot summer when I forget to have the air on,I think of them as heat dreams. When younger and working a grave shift,sleeping in the daytime when it was hot with no air would also cause these types of dreams.

Just spouting cause they make me feel vulnerable sometimes.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X