THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Today is gonna blow hard unless it rains all day..... I really want it to rain all day.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      Today is gonna blow hard unless it rains all day..... I really want it to rain all day.
      Long as it only does that in your area. Rain will send all the visiting morons shopping and I'd prefer to get off on time instead of walk in and discover that several hours have been added to my shift.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

My girlfriend's phone took a spectacular turn for the worse -- which is hard to imagine, if you happen to look at it -- it simply died. No more. Nuthin' at all. Cacked. Deceased. Rant: engaged.

So, I gave her my Kyocera Rise and bought myself an LG Optimus F3. Went through all the motions of transferring all my stuff, the contacts, music and all, moved my phone number to the new phone, and re-activated the Rise with a new phone number for her. Neither phone has any contacts, music, purchased apps, live wallpapers or indeed ANY of the custom personal shit that we each saved, backed up and didn't find when the data was downloaded/reloaded from the web/keeper/backup/piece of shit.

Also, as for making an ass out of myself, on the forum, by using the phone to log in to PF, not quite as likely as before. What used to be a pain in the ass is now quite a bit more so - vastly inconvenient and tiresome.

Oh, and after using the new electric hedge trimmers, the other day, to try and clean it up a tad, around that back deck, I am now on day 2 of these damned narcotics. They do, actually, help with the pain a little but they mess with the brain a lot. I do not like being high. That is the one major reason why I gave up doing drugs so many years ago. That and the cost. But, now, instead of street drugs, it's prescriptions. I still hate taking drugs.

Oh. And I should actually take my rather stoned self back over to the bed, climb in, and wait to see if sleep might happen along, for a visit. Except. I'm not tired. My mind is too busy flitting around like a hummingbird on crack.

Oooh, shiny!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I have no stuff!! But at the same time I have too much stuff!! GAH!!
          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

A coworker is rapidly approaching his very own "come to God" chat. I'm exceptionally tolerant of lack in speed and knowledge for the positions he's assigned to. I have no patience whatsoever for lack of effort and that's what he's demonstrating.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I realize how petty this sounds. I just trimmed my bangs again. Not even going for straight, but slightly choppy like I did it on purpose but more like meh, it needs to go. The FIRST day of bangs is horrid! Nothing you can do but wait till they calm down a bit.
              Today is 'ok':=I:
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Medusa, SAME.

My rant is that a guy who looks like sexy Squidward was really mean to me at work today and I can't get over it. I wish I could let that stuff go, but the injustice of it kills me.

Comment

My brother is such a slob. He may not spend much time in OUR room but I do and so does the rotting food, milk and other beverages.
                  Circe

Comment

My burrito is too hot to eat!
                    The horrid inhumanity.
                    I'm hungeeeeee

Comment

I shared an image on facebook about a certain hot-button issue. A friends response was, "Yeah, well I happen to agree with said decision." I made a few valid points on why I didn't. Pointed out the slippery slope, etc. Instead of trying to make an argument for her side, her response? "Well I'm entitled to my opinion just like you're entitled to yours." I'm mad. Very. Very. Mad. That is a cop-out statement. It's stupidity. If you can't back up your statement, don't make it. If you aren't ready to defend your stance, don't go plastering your opinion everywhere.
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                        I shared an image on facebook about a certain hot-button issue. A friends response was, "Yeah, well I happen to agree with said decision." I made a few valid points on why I didn't. Pointed out the slippery slope, etc. Instead of trying to make an argument for her side, her response? "Well I'm entitled to my opinion just like you're entitled to yours." I'm mad. Very. Very. Mad. That is a cop-out statement. It's stupidity. If you can't back up your statement, don't make it. If you aren't ready to defend your stance, don't go plastering your opinion everywhere.
                        I had a friend do that. She got more mad that I responded to her statement, once She made it. I just don't get it, how could she NOT be mad after the crap that happened to her at her job while she was pregnant? They tried to fire her so many times! But she told me to shut up and let people believe what they want, and that there is no right or wrong... Except.... Well n/m it doesn't belong here, but shahaku, I totally get it.
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

It's facebook. Maybe she just didn't want to have an argument on facebook. You know..because it's facebook. My friends and I will have maybe a two line disagreement. Then I just say it's just my opinion and you have yours. Because I don't want to look like that idiot I end up seeing on reddit day in and day out.

Comment

One of my neighbors unfriended me recently. I don't really know why. The last thing I posted on her page was a compliment about her kid. Good riddance, I don't like the beeyotch anyway.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

It just makes me angry that she would disagree with me and then back out when I actually defend my position. If your going to speak against a post someone makes be ready to defend your position. It doesn't have to be a speech but a simple explanation goes a long way.
                              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                                It just makes me angry that she would disagree with me and then back out when I actually defend my position. If your going to speak against a post someone makes be ready to defend your position. It doesn't have to be a speech but a simple explanation goes a long way.

yeah, that's true. Maybe she realized your position made sense and didn't want to concede.

Comment

Working...
                                X