THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

V, you need a patchouli plant. The actual plant, not the noxious incense crud. The actual plant smells better, but covers it up a bit in a way that is not more obnoxious.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post

Long story short, too sore to sleep.
      50 squats a day for the past 3 days... I feel ya.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        V, you need a patchouli plant. The actual plant, not the noxious incense crud. The actual plant smells better, but covers it up a bit in a way that is not more obnoxious.
        Is it covered in black eyeliner and doing the 'sweep' goth dance?
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

The smell really lingers on top of that. It seems to hang around much longer than cigarette smoke does.
          I've actually always felt quite the opposite about this.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Ditto...trying to get cigarette smoke out is generally easier if you just replace everything that's had contact with cigarette smoke.

Have you tried asking him to smoke elsewhere? Or to block the vent or something when he smokes? Most of the potheads that I've known would be completely mortified to learn that their smoke was drifting into a non-smokers home.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              Is it covered in black eyeliner and doing the 'sweep' goth dance?
              I'll take one

Comment

My main issue with giving or loaning people money to help them out is that they always, without fail, ask for more.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                  My main issue with giving or loaning people money to help them out is that they always, without fail, ask for more.
                  People stopped asking me, once I printed some basic contracts. No one likes signing contracts.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

It's my monthly day off. Drinking bourbon, and wishing I still smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
                      It's my monthly day off. Drinking bourbon, and wishing I still smoked.
                      You get hotter and hotter to me. Just so ya know.

Comment

You get hotter and hotter to me. Just so ya know.

LOL. (ten characters)

Comment

Some these at my job are really kinda hard to deal with. Like baby laryngoscope blades (the things they put down their throat when they aren't breathing). Or cleaning circ sets. And I don't even work directly with the poor kids.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

It's really hard to be a good guy and not use adblock on youtube. Not using it kills the buffer, shows me the same ad over and over again, and every so often it screws up the loading on the video so I am FORCED to disable the ads so I can actually WATCH the video because it WON'T play after the ad.

It would probably be less of an issue if I had better internet. Seriously though, on slower internet, having to load the video multiple times is terrible.

AND you have to load the ad too. If you are listening Google, I would pay beaucoup bucks to make this not an issue! This is America dangit, I should be able to throw my money at a problem to make it go away.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Got to work and the registers were crashing. Couldn't use credit cards. When they were up, they were super slow. Couldn't capture customer info. If you tried to type a phone number in, the register froze and you had to call IT to get it back. You couldn't just reboot because it's all password protected. And when you tried to sell a warranty, you had to go the long way around as to not piss of the register. Gah. Stressful day.

Comment

Got to work and the registers were crashing. Couldn't use credit cards. When they were up, they were super slow. Couldn't capture customer info. If you tried to type a phone number in, the register froze and you had to call IT to get it back. You couldn't just reboot because it's all password protected. And when you tried to sell a warranty, you had to go the long way around as to not piss of the register. Gah. Stressful day.
                                They need to switch to Square.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X