THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Why is it so hard for people to stick to the pre-agreed upon schedule so my own work/moving schedule doesn't get screwed over. There's really no way I can win in this situation, it's going to be a painful move.

Comment

So I decided to make some potato salad. I put 2 of my potatoes in the microwave each inside sandwich bags. I've always done it like this. 7 minutes and they are perfectly cooked without being water logged. Well the bags melted to the taters. So upset!

So while at work I got more taters and ziplock brand sammy bags. 6 minutes and they were perfect. I am eating the best tater salad in the known universe!

Take that failure!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post

Whatever happened to good ole' fashioned teenage fun like tipping over the soft drink machines? lol
        And we tell them they shouldn't lick batteries!
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
          Welcome, welcome. We can be sick together. On opposite sides of the world.

I have a feeling my flu is gonna stick around a while longer. Four days of ear aches, ear popping, sore throat, headaches and muscle aches and today my nose is starting to block up. Yay.
          There was a flu I think in the 80's that lasted like 2-3 months. Just as you thought it was over,it would come back and kick your butt once again. That was a nasty flu and took forever to be over.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Why are people just all problems and no damn solutions? If you dont like something, say what it is and a way to change it. Stop being such an ass

RIP

You cut your hair short
            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

What is wrong with some people? At work today (I work in a grocery store), a woman said to me, "You're one of those passive-aggressive ones, aren't you?" All because she didn't like the fact that I was following company policy. Sorry, but I'm not being passive-aggressive, I'm trying to be patient with you while you screw around. Another one wanted me to go faster because she was in a hurry. Well, I'm sorry, but if you're in that big of a hurry, maybe you shouldn't be doing your shopping right now where you'll have to wait in line and wait for a cashier to check you out. I can only move so fast.

Also, I must say, gluten-free products are ridiculously expensive. I mean at least twice as expensive as regular products. I feel sorry for anyone who has to buy gluten-free and if they want a treat (like ready-to-eat gluten-free cookies) they have pay such an outrageous price. It's nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                There was a flu I think in the 80's that lasted like 2-3 months. Just as you thought it was over,it would come back and kick your butt once again. That was a nasty flu and took forever to be over.

I almost died from flu in Dec. of 86. I've been very paranoid about it ever since. Tried the shots for a couple of years after that, but got deathly ill the next morning every time, I'm one of those unlucky ones who has a reaction.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Arella View Post
                  I know that kids have done stupid things since...well, I guess since humans have existed, but I think that kids do more stupid things now than they did before all the various forms of media came out. I believe the stupidity stunts is a way of getting attention and since there are easier ways to get that attention now with there being things like YouTube, kids are acting up more. It's just not as much fun for the kids if there isn't an audience to witness their idiocy.
                  Well, it also gets reported a lot more. I'm not sure that I see kids being any dumber in real life than I did when I was a teen, but I certainly read about it more.

When I was in high school over a decade ago, we had the internet, but social media wasn't a thing yet. People weren't even really reading blogs unless they were bloggers themselves or nerds. We talked to our friends on ICQ and MSN, downloaded music from Napster, watched Flash cartoon videos of frogs in blenders, and that was that. Kids in my school still did stupid stuff. They didn't have to learn it from the Internet - they learned it from each other. They didn't need social media for encouragement or an audience - they had each other. I remember once a group of my guy friends had a month of dares that included progressively worse dares, including eating a live goldfish (just like in Wolf of Wall Street!), something involving insane hot sauce, and stuff like that. Another time, they stole all of the pumpkins from their neighbourhood and put them on a teacher's lawn. Another time, they put the same teacher's car up on blocks. We also used to do a thing called "dangerous driving" where we would see how much we could spin our cars without crashing (I shouldn't say "we" because I didn't do this with my car...I was just a passenger). I've been in a car moving 200 km per hour, and not on the German Autobahn. In my part of Canada, there are loads of deer on the roads at night (more deer on Vancouver Island per square km than anywhere else in the country, so I'm told), so needless to say, that was DANGEROUS. Kids ended up hospitalized, hurt, and all that jazz. There was just no Internet news cycle to talk about it.

Comment

Re: ebola patients...

Or maybe its because we can do containment better (specifically Emory)...and we have new experimental drugs that we can try on them.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

It is mainly that just the mention of Ebola(and all of the "Stories" that circulate about it) makes people a little crazy. They do NOT read about the scientific facts about it,or even understand how it is spread. Reminds me of the beginning of the aids crisis and the panic and fear that caused. I think we as the general public are still as ignorant as when the black plague happened. It does NOT help when movies keep showing end of the world stories(Like the last ship) now on TV,or the "strain" also now on TV.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        ?..Reminds me of the beginning of the aids crisis and the panic and fear that caused. I think we as the general public are still as ignorant as when the black plague happened. It does NOT help when movies keep showing end of the world stories(Like the last ship) now on TV,or the "strain" also now on TV.
                        We create our futures out of our dreams and nightmares in the present.

Why be surprised that it contains dreams and nightmares, when dreams and nightmares are what made it?

(I found this in an expired box of Maoist fortune cookie.)
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

We'll, my internet just up and stopped working. Paid a bill, and a reactivation fee only for my ISP to tell me that their services are no longer available in my area.

Setting up a cellular internet thing tomorrow, so now I'll be paying more than twice what I was for slower speeds and a data cap!
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                            We'll, my internet just up and stopped working. Paid a bill, and a reactivation fee only for my ISP to tell me that their services are no longer available in my area.

Setting up a cellular internet thing tomorrow, so now I'll be paying more than twice what I was for slower speeds and a data cap!
                            So...you'll be like some parts of Canada! I'm currently paying $60/mo for 0.15mbps download speed, and a 30gb data cap. Not that I'll EVER reach it, since I can't even open youtube, or most pictures on webpages...

We have better internet here in town, but not until my rental company comes and installs a cable jack in my house. Which will be never, judging by the number of times I've asked them to, and the number of times they've showed up so far. (zero)

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

So...you'll be like some parts of Canada! I'm currently paying $60/mo for 0.15mbps download speed, and a 30gb data cap. Not that I'll EVER reach it, since I can't even open youtube, or most pictures on webpages...

We have better internet here in town, but not until my rental company comes and installs a cable jack in my house. Which will be never, judging by the number of times I've asked them to, and the number of times they've showed up so far. (zero)
                              I cant tell you exactly what the speeds etc are, but..

In Hawker we get adsl 2+, which is super fast, and we get like 50gb a month for abo it 60$ which is awesome.

In Leigh Creek we only have mobile broadband, which is hella slow, especially with 500 people trying to access it, including the entire school. And I pay 60$ for 4gb.... sigh...

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I grew up in a part of Canada that has pretty good and fast Internet access, but HOLY WOW I find their mobile prices offensive. Like, here in Germany, I have unlimited data, several hundred texts (we don't have that many texts in plans here because everyone has unlimited data and no one actually texts people anymore) and quite a few minutes of calls (no one calls people, either). I pay 30 Euros a month, which is wayyyy too much money. I have a contract and rates have gotten much cheaper since I took out that contract. I can quit in February, and I will do it as soon as possible. I will then get a prepaid card and pay approximately 8-10 Euros per month for the same amount of service. It's fast and almost everywhere in the country has excellent coverage (discounting a few parks and remote farmland regions).

In Canada I paid $60 for 3 weeks of prepaid phone service and I didn't even use the Internet....just called and sent texts (and not many of either, I might add). Canada still makes you pay for incoming calls and texts if you have a prepaid phone and the rates are stupidly high. That was two years ago and it's so offensive to me that I'm still talking about it.

Canada, you have the worst mobile service in the developed world. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X