THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I have to be super busy all weekend with this Pride festival, but I just started my cycle and want to crawl back into bed. :/

Mostly art.

Comment

Some jerk driving a heating and cooling company truck ran a stop sign and cut me off. There wasn't an accident, but it really ticks me off that jerk thought he had the right to run a stop sign. Also, when I honked at him, he had the nerve to honk back. I'm really tempted to call the number that was on the truck and tell them they need to teach their idiot employees how to drive and behavior like that doesn't cause their business to look very good.

Comment

I'm so tired of stagnating. It just seems like week after week, it's the same thing - and we have all of these plans that just never get set into motion. It's honestly just bloody depressing. Get excited looking for house and land packages, and then get put on hold because we can't seem to understand what we're looking at - can't get time to go and speak to the builders because our days off are never together. Can't get started on a family because we don't have our own house. Can't go to uni because I don't have my ACT scores or a TAFE degree and can't afford it until we're settled/after we have a family. Can't get settled because we don't have a house. GRRRRRRRRRR just sick of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
          I'm so tired of stagnating. It just seems like week after week, it's the same thing - and we have all of these plans that just never get set into motion. It's honestly just bloody depressing. Get excited looking for house and land packages, and then get put on hold because we can't seem to understand what we're looking at - can't get time to go and speak to the builders because our days off are never together. Can't get started on a family because we don't have our own house. Can't go to uni because I don't have my ACT scores or a TAFE degree and can't afford it until we're settled/after we have a family. Can't get settled because we don't have a house. GRRRRRRRRRR just sick of it.
          My brother in laws a builder, and a bloody good one. Let me know yeah? I'll help in any way I can. X
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

This really isn't a rant. It's more of just something that bugs me.

It annoys me, when I'm at work as a cashier and I'm waiting for a customer, a customer will come up ready to checkout and goes, "You look like you need something to do." I want to say, "I am doing something. My job." It bugs me when a customer makes it sound like I'm just slacking off because I'm standing at the front of my register. I have to stand at the front of my register when not helping customers. So I'm already doing something. I'm waiting for a customer to help.

Comment

This story is unbelievable! This entitlement issue is getting out of hand.

Retail Hell Underground story

Comment

I wish people would stop telling people its ok to be fat. Yeah I get some people have issues with their weight (me included) and I agree that models etc should be realistic and not a size 0, but stop telling girls that its ok to be overweight!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Arella View Post
                  This story is unbelievable! This entitlement issue is getting out of hand.

Retail Hell Underground story
                  Benevolent managers ftw

I don't think anyone has ever dared try idiocy like that on me though. Last bit of stupidity I had from a customer was a pricing issue and well, the perk of being low on the totem pole and having decent supervisors

Customer: <insert idiocy of the week here>

Me: Let me call a manager, maybe they can help you

*clicks walkie*

I need a manager at _______

*Manager arrives and I walk away*
                  Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

You know. I don't understand why my parents think it's OKAY to snoop through my window, just to see exactly what I'm doing on the internet. In fact, it's probably the most childish thing I've ever heard of. And then, to call me out to the living room to question me on it, acting like you know some big and bad secret? Yeah, I don't know what crack you've been on, but I AM an adult, and I DO have the right to privacy. Getting me to log into my skype, will be a NO, and getting to see my internet history will also be a NO, because guess what? I don't save my internet history! If you want to take away the internet privileges, then go for it. I can buy my own damn internet, thanks. Want me to pay rent? Fat chance, because you'll make me pay some ridiculous amount that's equivalent to owning a condo, just to prove some point that the world is hard. You don't even understand the word "no" when it comes to money. The last thing I need is to be bled dry by you guys. Wait, that already happened, ya know, with the last job? Cause having an 18 year old support your family is cool guyz. like, totally. /sarcasm

By the way, bringing up your daughter's sexual choice when she's triggered, is probably the biggest low and most manipulative thing I've ever seen you do, mother. Because somehow, getting me to exclaim in exasperation that I'll give guys a try is just enough to stroke your ego that you know me better then I know myself.

I'm my own best advocate, thanks for your opinion but it ain't needed.

Can't effing wait till I have enough saved to move out...
                    Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Er, how tech savvy are your parents? If they know enough then there are ways to monitor your net use without direct access to an internet history. They can be defeated but they exist, don't cost much (if any) money and aren't insanely difficult to pull off.
                      Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Er, how tech savvy are your parents? If they know enough then there are ways to monitor your net use without direct access to an internet history. They can be defeated but they exist, don't cost much (if any) money and aren't insanely difficult to pull off.
                        They're pretty tech savvy, my mom is going to school to do programming and my dad does networking.
                        Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                          My brother in laws a builder, and a bloody good one. Let me know yeah? I'll help in any way I can. X
                          Thanks, Heka. May just do that xx

Comment

Health products are so expensive! Ive been taking a collection of supplements for the last month that make me feel great and my body work amazingly! But I'm trying to order the next months supply and its 270$... now I earn enough in a month for this to be ok, but I dont have it now and its hard to justify. Theres also other stuff im after, but health stuff is just so expensive!!!

The company has a thing where if I reccomend 3+ people who buy products I get stuff for free, but noones buying stuff!!!

I want it to be cheaper

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I...feel like death. I've only had 4 hours of sleep, for three days in a row now. I'm bloody tired. Today's gonna be another 20 hour day. I swear to god I'm not getting up until 2pm tomorrow.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                                I...feel like death. I've only had 4 hours of sleep, for three days in a row now. I'm bloody tired. Today's gonna be another 20 hour day. I swear to god I'm not getting up until 2pm tomorrow.
                                But.

I'm sure you look fabulous.

And honestly, right now, at least until tomorrow, that's what counts!!
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X