Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I hate chrome right now.

I totally can't get on wordpress, pinterest, or a handful of other sites because they say the security is hinky, and there is no way to over ride it.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

That's just great.... Why can't people appreciate the help they get? If my mother wants help with my PC, her external drive, Iphone and her damn photos that she wants to send through Whatsapp, she should just let me finish and not insist on something I f****** can't do!
      The PC has an antenna that allows a hot-spot internet connection. So it says: "No connections are available". How the hell can I fix it? She insisted on making a hot spot connection appear. How the hell do you want me to do that? Yes, I understand more or less in computers, but I can't do everything!!!
      So in the end she put the antenna in another USB port. Problem solved.

But somehow it turned out that I AM the guilty one... Why is she so freaked out when it comes to her own fucking problems? She wants help, but she doesn't want to receive the help she gets from people. Not from me, not from my father, not from almost anybody else.

That's my rant for today.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      I...feel like death. I've only had 4 hours of sleep, for three days in a row now. I'm bloody tired. Today's gonna be another 20 hour day. I swear to god I'm not getting up until 2pm tomorrow.
      As I remember, it's a special even you are working on, right? In any case, you really should get more hours of sleep. At least the 7 necessary ones. I know it can be difficult, and there is a lot of work to be done, but still...
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I recently discovered that I'm lactose intolerant. I just realized that I can't have the espresso ice cream this restaurant serves that I go to.

Dang it! I love having that ice cream with their chocolate lava cake.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, at least I can still have the cake. So it's not a total loss.

Comment

Stung. By a wasp nearly 2 inches long. As a Paper Wasp, it shouldn't BE that big!

But the sting sure matches its size. OWWW!

Done mowing trails, for the day!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm rapidly becoming aware I'm in over my head and it's making me angry because I keep getting dunked deeper.
            They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
            Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
            -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              I'm rapidly becoming aware I'm in over my head and it's making me angry because I keep getting dunked deeper.
              I disagree with that assessment. Just sayin'.

I know it wasn't planned. I know you don't have full control of the situation. But I also know you're doing very well, with it all. Patience. There's a huge payoff for taking on these guys! Trust me!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                I disagree with that assessment. Just sayin'.

I know it wasn't planned. I know you don't have full control of the situation. But I also know you're doing very well, with it all. Patience. There's a huge payoff for taking on these guys! Trust me!
                I don't blame the fish, they're fish how could I blame them, or my parents, they are aware that I'm depressed (well they think I'm just mopey and with no sense of humor) and are just trying to make me happy. I know they love me and don't mean to make me almost cry over fish. I really hate being left in the dark. It makes me uncomfortable to be expected to work without enough information. I'm probably overreacting like I always do when I'm put under stress.

Thanks, Chain.
                They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

I don't blame the fish, they're fish how could I blame them, or my parents, they are aware that I'm depressed (well they think I'm just mopey and with no sense of humor) and are just trying to make me happy. I know they love me and don't mean to make me almost cry over fish. I really hate being left in the dark. It makes me uncomfortable to be expected to work without enough information. I'm probably overreacting like I always do when I'm put under stress.

Thanks, Chain.
                  It's a worthy rant. I won't argue that.

But, yeah, I think you're just creating more stress for yourself. Shit. Have you been talking to ME or something? That's how I work, too! I hope it's not contagious! They may have to quarantine me.

Comment

Thanks, Chain.
                    Corvus you are doing fine! I did this to myself, went and bought a turtle and the whole setup. 2 days later learnt I did everything wrong, and spent 2 weeks and 1000$ fixing it. You'll be fine, it's not your fault, and it won't cost you as much as it cost me!
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Fish are weird. Sometimes they survive better, beyond all expectations, in the worst of conditions - and other times, even in the best of the best, they go belly up.

I had a couple of fair-won goldfish. You know, the kind that usually go belly up within 3 days. At the time, I had no idea that goldfish should be in a filtered, oxygenated tank. I kept them in a fishbowl, with some gravel & a pirate skull ornament. I fed them fish flakes. I kept them in my bedroom bathroom, mainly because it was easier to clean their bowl in there. I never used the toilet in that bathroom, only the sink. The toilet was kind of wobbly (we lived in a rented mobile home, so, yeah, wobbly toilet wasn't high on the list of priorities). Anyway, at some point, one of the goldfish got bored & jumped into the toilet. Every time I put him back, he'd jump back in the toilet. Then the other one decided to emulate his bowl-mate, and I had two goldfish living in my toilet. It made cleaning relatively easy - I'd transfer them back to their bowl, flush & brush-clean the toilet, let the water sit til it warmed up some & put the fish back in the toilet (if they hadn't jumped into it already).

They lived like that for about a year, had gotten bigger & were pretty healthy overall. Then I got a boyfriend, & the first time he stayed over, in the middle of the night he got up to use the bathroom, and before I could get "No!!! My goldfish!!!" out of my mouth, he flushed.
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                        Fish are weird. Sometimes they survive better, beyond all expectations, in the worst of conditions - and other times, even in the best of the best, they go belly up.

I had a couple of fair-won goldfish. You know, the kind that usually go belly up within 3 days. At the time, I had no idea that goldfish should be in a filtered, oxygenated tank. I kept them in a fishbowl, with some gravel & a pirate skull ornament. I fed them fish flakes. I kept them in my bedroom bathroom, mainly because it was easier to clean their bowl in there. I never used the toilet in that bathroom, only the sink. The toilet was kind of wobbly (we lived in a rented mobile home, so, yeah, wobbly toilet wasn't high on the list of priorities). Anyway, at some point, one of the goldfish got bored & jumped into the toilet. Every time I put him back, he'd jump back in the toilet. Then the other one decided to emulate his bowl-mate, and I had two goldfish living in my toilet. It made cleaning relatively easy - I'd transfer them back to their bowl, flush & brush-clean the toilet, let the water sit til it warmed up some & put the fish back in the toilet (if they hadn't jumped into it already).

They lived like that for about a year, had gotten bigger & were pretty healthy overall. Then I got a boyfriend, & the first time he stayed over, in the middle of the night he got up to use the bathroom, and before I could get "No!!! My goldfish!!!" out of my mouth, he flushed.
                        Bahaha oh noooo!!! Poor fishes! Im sure they are living it up in the sewers haha!!!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post

That has to be one of the best sad/funny stories I've read in a while.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I agree with Hawkfeathers. That's some story.

Comment

The family tree is far too complicated, "cousin" as a concept should either be simplified or done away with.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                                The family tree is far too complicated, "cousin" as a concept should either be simplified or done away with.
                                Haha try it with the local aboriginal families. Everyone is everyone elses 'cousin-brother'

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment