THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
    This makes like 0% sense. Maybe he meant Africa? I mean it's still probably wrong but it's more correct.
    Definitely not Africa. Kept saying they got it wrong and theres Egyptians in caves in Sydney or something.

/nutter
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Some nemesis two-face that I've met that just gave me the finger while on the bus.

Coward doesn't have the balls to come down in person, I would have a scuffle if that's the case.

Comment

Looking for an apartment or room on craigslist over a week ago and so far I've gotten like four ads and two... what I can only assume are creepy sexual propositions.

What an amazing service.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
          Looking for an apartment or room on craigslist over a week ago and so far I've gotten like four ads and two... what I can only assume are creepy sexual propositions.

What an amazing service.
          I feel you. I had a real creepy experience checking out one room for rent years ago. The man let me know how he and the last 'roommate' were more than friends. I literally left and cried in the car. And that's hard to make me do. It was like a creepy man with a house full of dust and darkness. I was surely going to die in there.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

All I have to do is hear the name "craigslist" and I immediately think: creepy.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I was adviced to look on craiglist for apartments. No thank you not down for meeting my serial killer that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                All I have to do is hear the name "craigslist" and I immediately think: creepy.
                Same.

/10char
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

My natural hair is just bloody odd. Curly/wavy in front and wavy as hell all over. I try to wear it "natural" because my wife likes it - but it just poofs up without product because it's quite thick. I try to correct this by putting the "crunchy" hair gel that she hates in it and it turns into sloppy curls on my forehead and I look like a hipster dufus. This is why I love my straightening iron...

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post

What an amazing service.
                    Are there portals over there that are specifically meant for looking for rooms? Most of the ads on Berlin's Craigslist (which -is- popular here) are serious scams (like, Nigeria-style scams, and most are probably actually in Nigeria), and eBay classifieds (the most popular service) is full of weirdos, but the vast majority of ads on WG-Gesucht (a very popular shared-living portal) are legit. When I lived in Victoria, there was a "student" site where you could list your room and find rooms, and it wasn't just for students.

Comment

Mostly, I'm freaked out by the idea that anyone would just be like 'heck, let's find a stranger to live with' ACK. I would end up living in my car first. The anxiety alone would drive me right to the looney bin.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                        Definitely not Africa. Kept saying they got it wrong and theres Egyptians in caves in Sydney or something.

/nutter
                        It's those danged aliens - they purposely go around and screw up historical artifacts so we won't notice they've been here, breeding us like shih tzus for their evil, nefarious purposes... or maybe to save us. Either one... depends on who you talk to... I've never been real clear on it...
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

B. De.,what you saw never happened...You never saw aliens ever....It was all a dream...a dream...a dream...(provided by your alien overlords)
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            B. De.,what you saw never happened...You never saw aliens ever....It was all a dream...a dream...a dream...(provided by your alien overlords)
                            I see nothin'

I know nothin'

I think nothin'

I feel nothin'

Wait! Is that an anal probe? Forget what I just said!
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              It's those danged aliens - they purposely go around and screw up historical artifacts so we won't notice they've been here, breeding us like shih tzus for their evil, nefarious purposes... or maybe to save us. Either one... depends on who you talk to... I've never been real clear on it...
                              Generally alien visitors are tourists or drunk teenagers. Aliens showing up with actual long term plans have a tendency to be added to the dinner menu. Alien intervention at this point in time tends to be bad for pizza production in every alternate reality they've been permitted to meddle this early and we all know that threats to Pizza can't he tolerated.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                Generally alien visitors are tourists or drunk teenagers. Aliens showing up with actual long term plans have a tendency to be added to the dinner menu. Alien intervention at this point in time tends to be bad for pizza production in every alternate reality they've been permitted to meddle this early and we all know that threats to Pizza can't he tolerated.
                                You don't eat tourists or drunk teenagers? Well, shucks.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X