Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
    Mostly, I'm freaked out by the idea that anyone would just be like 'heck, let's find a stranger to live with' ACK. I would end up living in my car first. The anxiety alone would drive me right to the looney bin.
    Meh, you learn to have a radar. When I moved here, I had great luck with my roommates. They were wonderful people and I knew from our first meeting that it would be a good place to live. I didn't have that vibe with everywhere I looked, though. Some apartments definitely got on the "not a chance" list, even though there were more people looking than rooms available.

My worst roommate ever was a friend from high school that I lived with right after graduating. Totally horrible living situation. Just because you know someone doesn't mean you -know- someone.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      Meh, you learn to have a radar. When I moved here, I had great luck with my roommates. They were wonderful people and I knew from our first meeting that it would be a good place to live. I didn't have that vibe with everywhere I looked, though. Some apartments definitely got on the "not a chance" list, even though there were more people looking than rooms available.

My worst roommate ever was a friend from high school that I lived with right after graduating. Totally horrible living situation. Just because you know someone doesn't mean you -know- someone.
      I have learned that I am a shit judge of people in the short term...so I'd probably get cannibalized or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
        I have learned that I am a shit judge of people in the short term...so I'd probably get cannibalized or something.

Hahah luckily for you, you don't have to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

I see nothin'

I know nothin'

I think nothin'

I feel nothin'

Wait! Is that an anal probe? Forget what I just said!
          Did someone mention anal....?
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

If I could go back in time, I would punch myself in the face for buying so much stupid crap.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
              If I could go back in time, I would punch myself in the face for buying so much stupid crap.
              We are going through this now.

I console myself with the fact that most of it is thrifted...but still.

Too much stuff.

Do we have a simplification thread anywhere?
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                We are going through this now.

I console myself with the fact that most of it is thrifted...but still.

Too much stuff.

Do we have a simplification thread anywhere?
                I'm not sure. If not, we should start one.

I'm trying to sell most of my stuff because I really, really, really need the money, but stuff depreciates really fast and nothing I have is worth all that much, even the stuff that I paid a lot for. If I can get a Euro for it, I'll take a Euro because I need money pretty badly, but I really wish I -didn't- spend that money in the first place. I'd have thousands in savings.

Comment

On another forum, people are spouting some total garbage causation = correlation "science" and I want to just go crazy on these people. BUT, its a pet forum which is typically full of half truths and idiocy and everyone is always super paranoid because they want someone/thing to blame when a pet dies so it'll be like talking to a dang wall, so what's the point?

It they devolve into talking about the evils of vaccines I'm going to nuke it from orbit through. Its the only way to be sure.

Comment

Why can I not message on the Facebook app? Why is there a seperated app? Why won't it let me download said app??

Edit: it appear the App Store is actually down despite looking like it's up
                    Last edited by Corvus; 13 Sep 2014, 07:46.
                    Circe

Comment

I actually had a little more in my account than I thought which allowed my to get a pair of pants and some warmer clothes for my daughter. Yay!

Eta: No clue why I put this in rants other than money being my main stressor right now...
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I know I complain about the heat all the time. But it's midnight and 80 degrees! That is not right. Not right!
                        And tomorrow a high at 4 pm of 103!

I had to break the law of no a/c at night but it's on level 1. I just can't deal tonight.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          I know I complain about the heat all the time. But it's midnight and 80 degrees! That is not right. Not right!
                          And tomorrow a high at 4 pm of 103!

I had to break the law of no a/c at night but it's on level 1. I just can't deal tonight.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

i think i'm done now.
                            Can I come out of the oven now?
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm so tired of Florida heat and its weather . When it rains it evaporates into steam imidiatly since it is usually in the 90s all year round I can't wait for winter ugh
                              Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

I really feel for you Duce...Had that temp at midnight back in Albany with no air at all. Spent the night at an air conditioned bar(they stay open till 4 am in NY) nursing a beer.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X