THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

V could you not just go and have a drink, or meet them afterwards? Im sure they'd understand

My rant: Its fucking freezing, im having trouble typing properly my hands feel like theyre frozen.
    Rant 2: He infuriates me but makes me smile all at the same time. Damn his adorable face. Damn it to hell.

Comment

Thank you david cameron and nick clegg, you have now destroyed any chance i had of going to university and you have basically condemned me to being working class for the forseeable future. Cheers for that.

Comment

(this is not dedicated to any of you, the event which lead to this rant took place on one IRC channel)

But I'm sick of people who have to make everything sound like a discovery voyage or the hardest thing anyone has ever done. Not like they were really even thinking that those things they complain about are just something everyone of us has to deal with. Why make everything so big deal? For example solving some things, cancelling some order, calling about a job application, returning some goods to the store or so. You just pick up a phone and solve it (or use the internet). That's it. No need to babble about it for ages before doing anything or going through every possible (bad) scenario which might happen. Just do it and complain about it afterwards if it didn't work out as easily as we thought it would.

Comment

[quote author=Almost_lost link=topic=8.msg21318#msg21318 date=1291975506]
          Thank you david cameron and nick clegg, you have now destroyed any chance i had of going to university and you have basically condemned me to being working class for the forseeable future. Cheers for that.
          [/quote]

I hear you on this, Nick Clegg Got into power on the back of the student Vote, on a promise that he would scrap the Student fees, if he couldn't he would fight to keep them at the current level. Wow that was some fight from you Nick! Nice to see that you can keep your word!
          As it is, the Self satisfied Labour MPs interviewed were crowing about how the 16 year olds+ wouldn't be able to afford to go to uni and it was now being made Elitist again. (Er.. didn't Labour bring the charges in in the first place, Giving the Coalition the platform to raise them?)

However we now have 3 main parties that, although use different rhetoric, are all sitting in the centre right of the political spectrum. so now we have Conservative (Labour), Conservative light (Lib Dem) and Conservative Extra (Conservatives)

When i first started voting, there was a definite line between all the parties, now the only thing that differentiates them is the colours of their parties.

M
          In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

[quote author=Maulus link=topic=8.msg21388#msg21388 date=1291998867]

I hear you on this, Nick Clegg Got into power on the back of the student Vote, on a promise that he would scrap the Student fees, if he couldn't he would fight to keep them at the current level. Wow that was some fight from you Nick! Nice to see that you can keep your word!
            [/quote]

What gets me is he's completely fucked over the people in his constituency, which is the Hallam area in Sheffield (where i am), which is pretty much ALL students! There was talk of voters in the Hallam area trying to get him kicked out as an MP because he went back on a campaign promise or something (im not big on politics, dont really understand them).

[quote author=Maulus link=topic=8.msg21388#msg21388 date=1291998867]

However we now have 3 main parties that, although use different rhetoric, are all sitting in the centre right of the political spectrum. so now we have Conservative (Labour), Conservative light (Lib Dem) and Conservative Extra (Conservatives)

When i first started voting, there was a definite line between all the parties, now the only thing that differentiates them is the colours of their parties.
            [/quote]
            This is why i choose not to vote. And i know, if i dont vote how dare i have an opinion on politics. I didnt see the point in voting when they are ALL the same party, theyre all Tory. Theyre all for bringing back the social classes and fucking over the working man, stealing from the poor to give to the rich.

Comment

[quote author=Almost_lost link=topic=8.msg21399#msg21399 date=1292000155]
              What gets me is he's completely fucked over the people in his constituency, which is the Hallam area in Sheffield (where i am), which is pretty much ALL students! There was talk of voters in the Hallam area trying to get him kicked out as an MP because he went back on a campaign promise or something (im not big on politics, dont really understand them).
              [/quote]
              One of my Work lives in Driffield, i think it is, which apparently falls into Sheffield Hallam and he voted for the first time this year, For Nick Clegg. He is kinda regretting that now.

[quote author=Almost_lost link=topic=8.msg21399#msg21399 date=1292000155]
              This is why i choose not to vote. And i know, if i dont vote how dare i have an opinion on politics. I didnt see the point in voting when they are ALL the same party, theyre all Tory. Theyre all for bringing back the social classes and fucking over the working man, stealing from the poor to give to the rich.
              [/quote]
              I try to make a point of voting, at least i can justify complaining when they raise my taxes again, when they increase VAT again, when they reduce budgets to pay for a deficit that was caused by Bankers and people gambling with Other people's money.

M
              In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

May it be noted that I love kittens. I am merely being pragmatic.

DON'T YOU DARE KEEP THOSE FUCKING KITTENS. We have a hard enough time taking care of ourselves and you seem to think that 5 more mouths to feed is the right way to go? GET THEM GONE. Give them away. Hand them out with bows for Christmas presents, but for all of our sakes, GET RIDDA THEM.

Stop getting pets.

AND START DOING YOUR KID'S HOMEWORK WITH HIM INSTEAD OF SAVING ALL THE HARD SHIT FOR ME AFTER I GET HOME FROM WORK AND YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING VIDEO GAMES ALL DAY.
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Nat I hear you. It is the people who can easily pay student fees who are making these choices, not the students.

I am just happy that Scotland is still giving free uni education and will be for the foreseeable future.

MY rant is this: I know it isn't anyones fault but I am getting so fucking pissed off with having no shifts at work right now. I do have things to pay, and during the snow I turned up a few times just to get told to go home( and I don't even get fucking paid for turning up!). I was meant to be at work today and got text this morning (after organising to stay at my grans last night) to say don't bother. It is no ones fault, but I am so skint right now and with Christmas coming up I am starting to panic.
                  I just wish they would fucking pick up a phone and tell us what to do... I am concidereing applying for a new job somewhere that won't shut down on me and cancel all my shifts. I KNOW the weather is bad but I managed to get in, so at least I should get paid right? RIGHT! x
                  "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I have thought long and hard about this and I have come to realize that I hate my father. Im supposed to do everything around the house finish the homework I don't know how to do and put up with his tempertantrums all with a smile on my face. He expects me to be better than I am, to give 210% or something like that. Get a clue dad im lucky if I have 90% when im with you. He tells me to do my homework I ask him for help and he says he didn't know how to do it. He thinks the reason I can't do it is because I sleep in class. What I can't not understand it? He's such a hypocrite too. Thinking this has brought back everthing bad he's ever done to me. I remember it, when I bring it up he says "stop useing my past. Against me". Something I find very disturbing is that I fantasize about him dieing, crashing his tractertrailer or car or hitting a moose. I love him but I hate him too. Does that make sense?
                    I've come to the conclusion that my life would be easier if he died. That's a horrible thing to say but I honestly think that. He's horrible at being a dad he doesn't seem to understand emotions at all, years of him expecting me to be perfect, its driving me nuts. All of his children offically hate him (all four of us) I've never met my sister or my nefew because the're 3000 miles away with a restraining order against my dad. Hes sexist tword females which is why I was his "last hope" I have two sisters and a brother. All half siblings. Why am I his last hope you say? Because my brothers mom is a lesbein now so in dads eyes that makes him gay and thus unsuitable. He is so fucking stupid, i think this will eventualy come to him commiting ritual suicide because of his twisted code of honour.This is becomeing longer than I wanted so ill end this rant here.
                    They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                    Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                    -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

I feel like I got hit by a truck.........but I cannot sleep anymore, which is sad because I only went to bed at 6am and it's not even 2pm now. Damn you night shift!
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My six day work week ends on Monday night.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

A yes or no question calls for a yes or no answer. In most cases "I don't know" is acceptable, too.

That is all.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I HATE my Human Resources Management class. Half of the info in the guide book (what we get as distance learners to replace lectures) is outdated due to vast changes at the end of the 90's and especially the last decade, and the text is even worse because it was published in 1995 (its author has some major issues with teleworking that are totally irrelevant in 2010, for example). But that's not really my whole issue. It's RIDICULOUSLY UK-centric. I know I go to a UK program, but a) it's an EXTERNAL program and a lot of the students are -not- in the UK, and most likely will never work in the UK. b) it's a HUGE criticism of UK business education and also businesses in general that they're too UK-centric and this causes problems doing business in the modern world. I think it's useful to learn about employment issues in the UK, but it's also important to learn their global context and how things work in countries with close ties to the UK (such as EU countries and the US). Most of my other courses do this so it can't be -that- hard.

Also, I just read a guidebook chapter on Non-Union Workplaces, which talked about unions for 13 pages and non-union workplaces for 2 pages. WTF????

Comment

I woke up and no one's home. I get it; I'm not a "member" of the family. But can I at least wake up and get some explanation as to why no one's here?

And on that note I wish my friends would understand my sleep pattern has been really wonky lately. I grab sleep where I can. So don't text me about how bored you are with your husband's crummy show and how bored you are. He's been that way the whole marriage and quite frankly it wakes me up from much-needed sleep. Please understand this while I flip you the middle finger; thanks to your stupid ass text I only have 4 hours of sleep.
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                              surrounded by plush, downy things,
                              ill prepared, but willing,
                              to descend."

Comment

I am so tired! Why is my sleeping so off?
                                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Working...
                                X