Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    From my fb because I don't want to type it out.

I was thinking of macing it. Then I just thought I'd sorta RUN. What exactly is the protocol to rabid dogs on hind legs chasing you with wolverine claws?
    I'm glad you're okay, Medusa, but I have to admit that I laughed at this. I think it's the way you described it that makes it funny. I especially loved the part "And then I saw Wolverine claws!"

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
      Is mace the same thing as pepper spray? Because I was in a holding cell for a few hours that had pepper spray on the walls and it was terribad.
      Yes, it is. And it's a pain to wash off surfaces and clothing, if you're not careful. So that sounds about right. But hey, it's a pretty good deterrent?

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
        Is mace the same thing as pepper spray?
        That depends on how technical you want to get. The original Mace, defense spray (from the 60's, not the medieval club/weapon), was a tear gas-based concoction. The name Mace was, and still is, a name brand - kinda like what happened with Kleenex - that has become a more generic term for all defense sprays. But since that tear gas crap was found to be ineffectual in many, many circumstances, people generally fall back to the generic use of the term or the simple fact that the company, Mace Security International, still makes all sorts of pepper products for personal defense.

And hell yeah the pepper spray shit is nasty. It's what is used in bear repellants, that sends grizzlies retreating at full tilt.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I had my flashlight out tonight when walking home. No Raccoons!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am so fucking sick of working so hard and always losing.

I am so sick of coming home and finding my wife in tears.

I am so fucking sick of everything.

So fucking sick.

So fucking sick.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I hate when TV channels change the time they play a show. A show I was used to watching at 2 PM was changed to 4 PM and for the life of me, I can't remember to watch the show at the new time. I set the alarm on my cell phone to go off tomorrow at 3:58 PM so I'll finally get to watch it.

Leave my shows alone, networks! :shakefist:

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                I am so fucking sick of working so hard and always losing.
                This one. Thank all the gods and satans and spirits and trees that today is the last day.

2 weeks off. Yay.

And you're in my thoughts B.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I so wish I could do something to help out, B.!

I feel the same way, here, though without the wife bit. (((hugs))) for you and K'Roe!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

'S OK. Bad night.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I think some of us get way more than our share bad nights. I mean, WAY!

WAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!

Comment

Contestants on TV game shows annoy the crap out of me. You're on television. Don't act like a complete moron. Also, stop all the dang screaming!!! That is so annoying to be watching a game show and you have to suddenly turn down the volume because some idiot (and, unfortunately, it seems to mainly be women) starts screaming at the top of their lungs. Nobody wants to hear that!

I wish my mom didn't like watching game shows so much. People act way too idiotic on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Arella View Post
                          Contestants on TV game shows annoy the crap out of me. You're on television. Don't act like a complete moron. Also, stop all the dang screaming!!! That is so annoying to be watching a game show and you have to suddenly turn down the volume because some idiot (and, unfortunately, it seems to mainly be women) starts screaming at the top of their lungs. Nobody wants to hear that!

I wish my mom didn't like watching game shows so much. People act way too idiotic on them.

People that don't act like that can't get on the show, in most cases. The game show won't be able to sell ad space if the excitement level on the show is anything less than "sensational". Put a few people on the air that have a very calm nature, about them, and a whole ton of people that are way too easily excitable, and you have a Hit TV Game Show.

Sod the lot.

Comment

So my work forgot to add in my pto hours I asked for for the two days I requested off. I was supposed to get those on my paycheck.

Nope.

Seriously I have ZERO dollars in my checking account other then to just pay off the bills and rent.

ZERO.

I'm going to the Market to stock up and get a cash advance for bus money.

I'm going to eat out of my pantry every last thing. I can do this. I can do this.

Maybe I'll lose some weight?

Beans and rice here I come!
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm in a few groups on Facebook and every single day I see multiple people asking for medical advice. Are you stupid?! Do you really think random strangers on Facebook know what they are talking about? Being a Vet Tech I just want to reach through the screen and slap them all the more

Comment

I'm very upset with myself for stupid things I'm doing that I can't control.
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X