THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
    Bed bug bites look more clustered than that. Could be an allergic reaction, those do look a lot like welts to me.
    Definitelt bites. The elbow one has clear bite marks, and one of my fingers has 3 bites between joints (seriously swollen finger bit there! Haha). But good to know you don't think its bed bugs. Doesn't get me any closer to knowing what it is though!
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

When I moved into my very first apartment, my mother came down to help me. After one night there, she was covered in what looked like bug bites, but I was fine. She kept insisting the new place had some kind of bug problem, but I didn't believe her since I wasn't getting any bites; just figured she was allergic to something.

Then I found a flea crawling on my arm.

Turned out, I was also getting bit, I just wasn't showing any signs of it. Could be your husband is getting bit up too, but is just immune.

Have you heard of Diatomaceous Earth, or D.E. ? It's this dust/powder like stuff that has microscopic sharp edges that are deadly to all bugs with exoskeletons but is completely harmless to mammals. Farmers use it to keep their grain insect free and feed it to their livestock to get rid of parasites. I use it on my plants to keep them insect free and I feed it to my dog ever since he once got tapeworm to keep it from happening again. You can buy it from most farming type stores, like Tractor Supply.

Comment

They look a bit like flea bites. Do you have fur babies?
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

That could be something if you have an outdoor-indoor cat or dog. Had a flea problem once with an outdoor-indoor cat..What worked for us at the time was baking soda sprinkled on the rugs,then vacuumed up to make sure and get the eggs also. Not sure what D.T. is,but most likely would work the same.

and found a link for this.

http://fleasbgone.org/kill-fleas-naturally

It mentions a few different way for natural flea killers.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
            They look a bit like flea bites. Do you have fur babies?
            Flea bites generally show up on your ankles, unless you spend a lot of time lying on the floor.

Trust me, I have five cats. I know this.

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Flea bites generally show up on your ankles, unless you spend a lot of time lying on the floor.

Trust me, I have five cats. I know this.

If the pets sleep on her bed, the fleas might have gotten in the sheets. I used to have a dog with fleas that slept in my bed, and I got flea bites everywhere.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                When I moved into my very first apartment, my mother came down to help me. After one night there, she was covered in what looked like bug bites, but I was fine. She kept insisting the new place had some kind of bug problem, but I didn't believe her since I wasn't getting any bites; just figured she was allergic to something.

Then I found a flea crawling on my arm.

Turned out, I was also getting bit, I just wasn't showing any signs of it. Could be your husband is getting bit up too, but is just immune.

Have you heard of Diatomaceous Earth, or D.E. ? It's this dust/powder like stuff that has microscopic sharp edges that are deadly to all bugs with exoskeletons but is completely harmless to mammals. Farmers use it to keep their grain insect free and feed it to their livestock to get rid of parasites. I use it on my plants to keep them insect free and I feed it to my dog ever since he once got tapeworm to keep it from happening again. You can buy it from most farming type stores, like Tractor Supply.
                Make sure you DE is food grade. It does work great.

Comment

Heka. You've been hit by...
                  you've been struck by...
                  a smooth spider.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm so tired of being in pain all the time.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Have you thought about maybe trying acupuncture? I don't really know much about it myself, but I've known people who have tried it and swear by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        Heka. You've been hit by...
                        you've been struck by...
                        a smooth spider.
                        Lol this made me giggle. I need the giggles.

Guys, I'm on holiday in Europe remember, so no pets anywhere. Pharmacist said they weren't flea bites, and we can find no evidence of fleas or bed bugs, Lil (of the Valley), reckons they're the local mosquitoes. Though I do agree that hubby is just not having a reaction (which is weird, usually he does and I'm fine).

Either way I feel crappy. Bites everywhere than itch like a mofo (though thankfully no new ones).

And last night we did a beer and food tour. I am bloated and feel like shit. I've been fairly bloated most of the time ive been here, but today I struggled to do up my pants. My farts could kill a grown man, even though I've been to the loo twice.

Im just uuuuugh
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Y'know, when I get mosquito bites, they look a lot like that. Sometimes they're as big as a coin. Germany has some evil, evil mosquitoes!

Plus, it's been extra warm this year, especially where you are. Ours are gone because it's colder up here, but I was getting bit until about a month ago (wayyy longer than normal!)

Comment

Dear short ladies of eBay. You are not tall. Your old skirts which you're selling are not tall. 38 inches long is maxi length on a short person, it is not long enough for anyone who is actually tall. A skirt needs to be a minimum of 42 inches long before it's suitable for someone tall. Mine are usually 43 or 44 inches long, and I am considered - at 5'11" - a 'short' tall person. Kindly stop listing your short full length skirts as 'tall'. It would save me and others like me - tall people - an awful lot of time searching through incorrect listings for things that are actually tall. Yes, the weather is fine up here. It's my ankles that are cold because I can't find any ruddy skirts that are long enough.

Pah.

Comment

My back aches... been doing it for days feels like my muscles are trying their best tto squeeze my ribs. Argh.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                                Have you thought about maybe trying acupuncture? I don't really know much about it myself, but I've known people who have tried it and swear by it.
                                It's honestly one of the few things I haven't tried. I'll have to see if someone around here does it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                                X