• Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Your welcome!
    I'm glad I could help in any small way,
    I hope you feel better soon

Comment

Apple, stop trying to make iCloud happen. I'm not going to download you. Quit your bitching.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't care about going to company Christmas parties, but it would be nice to at least be invited. Counting myself, there are three people in my department and the other two get invited every year, but the company never invites those in my position. Like I said, I prefer not going to those, but it does make me feel like they feel people who hold my position are worthless since they can't even be bothered to invite us.

Comment

Originally posted by Arella View Post
          I don't care about going to company Christmas parties, but it would be nice to at least be invited. Counting myself, there are three people in my department and the other two get invited every year, but the company never invites those in my position. Like I said, I prefer not going to those, but it does make me feel like they feel people who hold my position are worthless since they can't even be bothered to invite us.
          I know that feeling. I'm the only member of my so-called "leadership team" that doesn't get invited to the managers' parties.

Comment

I'm organizing my holiday party. 34 and counting because everyone wants to bring someone. Which is fine because they just pay the $20. Because we are not covering for your guest. And I made the reservation for 34. It won't be my problem when you all have to stand. I said rsvp and only a handful have replied. So f them. ho ho ho

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
              Lol this made me giggle. I need the giggles.

Guys, I'm on holiday in Europe remember, so no pets anywhere. Pharmacist said they weren't flea bites, and we can find no evidence of fleas or bed bugs, Lil (of the Valley), reckons they're the local mosquitoes. Though I do agree that hubby is just not having a reaction (which is weird, usually he does and I'm fine).

Either way I feel crappy. Bites everywhere than itch like a mofo (though thankfully no new ones).

And last night we did a beer and food tour. I am bloated and feel like shit. I've been fairly bloated most of the time ive been here, but today I struggled to do up my pants. My farts could kill a grown man, even though I've been to the loo twice.

Im just uuuuugh
              If you're still having an issue, there's this bug bite stuff benadryl makes that I'm told works really well. Not sure if they have it there but its basically a cream with a numbing agent and an antihistamine or some such.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Finished editing my exam paper... took me 2 hours to merge the assignment with the front page because uni requires the use of a standardized frontpage. that's fine. that's easy. but said standardized frontpage decided to copy itself some 30 times in my paper everytime I tried to merge it! AAARGH. well, succeeded in the end. I have no idea how. but I did it.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Never shopping at a certain big-name electronics store again. If I have to run to their store, after an 8 hour shift at my store where I handle customers in an upbeat and positive and helpful manner, just to go to their store and have my request to hold a pair of $6 headphones for 24 hours refused because they're too lazy (and I know for a fact that they do do holds), then what is the point of going to the brick and mortar store?! Forget it, amazon here I come.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                    Never shopping at a certain big-name electronics store again. If I have to run to their store, after an 8 hour shift at my store where I handle customers in an upbeat and positive and helpful manner, just to go to their store and have my request to hold a pair of $6 headphones for 24 hours refused because they're too lazy (and I know for a fact that they do do holds), then what is the point of going to the brick and mortar store?! Forget it, amazon here I come.
                    I went to Best Buy to buy a pair of basic ear bud headphones. Found a pair for $5.99. Paid for them. Walked away from cashier. Looked at my bill and saw she charged me $7.99. I let her know. She just pointed toward the Returns/Customer service/Geek Squad line.

Really? I just got these and you dun goofed and I have to go wait in ANOTHER line for 10 minutes? Never again.

Comment

Damn cat, can't you stay out of the damn tree for two more damn days?

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        I went to Best Buy to buy a pair of basic ear bud headphones. Found a pair for $5.99. Paid for them. Walked away from cashier. Looked at my bill and saw she charged me $7.99. I let her know. She just pointed toward the Returns/Customer service/Geek Squad line.

Really? I just got these and you dun goofed and I have to go wait in ANOTHER line for 10 minutes? Never again.
                        That cashier definitely could have been nicer about it, but it could have been that she just scanned the bar code and that's the price that came up. Unless she was informed before completing the transaction, as far as she knew, that was the correct price.

At the grocery store I work at, we just scan the product and complete the transaction. If the price is wrong, the customer has to inform us of it because, otherwise, we don't know the price the product rang up at is incorrect. And if we have already completed the transaction, then the customer has to go to customer service to sort it out because our system on the cashier side doesn't handle refunds.

I've had customers buying one or two items and not pay attention to the screen to make sure the price is correct. Then after the transaction is done, they finally look at the receipt and say something didn't ring up right. I then have to tell them that since I've already completed the transaction, customer service will have take care of it. Of course, I try to be as polite as possible. I definitely don't just point to the customer service counter (that's just rude).

Comment

Yeah it wasn't her fault. Except the headphones were right there in the aisle of the line. And that it's set up that you have to go into another line immediately after you get over charged at this line seems dumb.

Comment

Yes, younger brother, I know you're an atheist and you don't want to do any of this Christmas shit except exchange gifts and eat food. But it's also about spending time with family, so suck it up like an adult. It's not like anyone is forcing you to go to church. I don't think decorating Christmas cookies with Mom is going to kill you.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                              Yes, younger brother, I know you're an atheist and you don't want to do any of this Christmas shit except exchange gifts and eat food. But it's also about spending time with family, so suck it up like an adult. It's not like anyone is forcing you to go to church. I don't think decorating Christmas cookies with Mom is going to kill you.
                              This made me think of something that I've never really realized until this year. Even though I'm not Christian, nor have I been for many a year, I still celebrate Christmas. I don't do the church thing, or prayers, or stuff like that, but I do give a bit of honor to the holiday. I don't celebrate Christmas as a holy day, though many of my family does. I celebrate Christmas as a cultural holiday, a day to get together with family even though it's exhausting and they sometimes get on your nerves so much that you almost want to punch a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                                This made me think of something that I've never really realized until this year. Even though I'm not Christian, nor have I been for many a year, I still celebrate Christmas. I don't do the church thing, or prayers, or stuff like that, but I do give a bit of honor to the holiday. I don't celebrate Christmas as a holy day, though many of my family does. I celebrate Christmas as a cultural holiday, a day to get together with family even though it's exhausting and they sometimes get on your nerves so much that you almost want to punch a kitten.
                                Honestly most Christians celebrate the same way. Let's face it. Most of us give gifts and eat great foods with family and friends. It's American culture more then religious culture.

Comment

Working...
                                X