THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Dude next door, stop gunning your snow mobile. There's not nearly enough snow to use it, so you're just being an ass!
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

-breaths- Okay

I am so fed up with how poor people are treated. I never knew how much of a problem it was until I came to Sweden. There are homeless people outside every store, in blustery cold winds and snow with nothing but their jackets and a blanket to shield them. To make matters worse, poor people here are pissed on and spit on. How can someone do that? They are humans too! We are supposed to take care of each other! What happened? Seriously, what the hell happened to us? Do other people think that poor people are lazy and would submit themselves to these conditions just because they do not wish to work? Do others know how humiliating it is to those that sit outside begging for money? I do whatever I can to give to those people. I do not have much, but they deserve it more than I do. I appreciate those that give to these people, whether it through be food or money.

But there is also some debate on that as well. I would rather give money than food. I would not know what the person can or cannot eat. If they are allergic or due to their religion they cannot eat certain foods. Money allows them to buy what they please, giving them a moment of happiness, be it with food, shelter, or even alcohol. I do not care what they do with their money as long as it gives them happiness and gets them through the day.

Others will disagree with me, but that is okay. The point is that they give.

But too many do not. Too many frown down upon these people, thinking they need another iPad or iPhone. It just irritates me to no extent.

-gets off soapbox- Thank you.

Comment

I'm still sickees. I had to ride my bike in the rain to work today. Thankfully I was totally bundled up with two hoodies, a scarf, a beanie and my rain poncho. I made it through work with a stuffy nose and sore throat and the beginnings of the dreaded cough. I'm now home with my nose all stuffed up. boozing down some major NyQuil and about to sleep the sleep of the sick for the next 36 hours. I'm thinking steaming hot shower then climb into bed before the NyQuil kicks in.

I know I'm an adult when I actually swig down the NyQuil and want more.

sickees..lets do dis!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I'm still sickees. I had to ride my bike in the rain to work today. Thankfully I was totally bundled up with two hoodies, a scarf, a beanie and my rain poncho. I made it through work with a stuffy nose and sore throat and the beginnings of the dreaded cough. I'm now home with my nose all stuffed up. boozing down some major NyQuil and about to sleep the sleep of the sick for the next 36 hours. I'm thinking steaming hot shower then climb into bed before the NyQuil kicks in.

I know I'm an adult when I actually swig down the NyQuil and want more.

sickees..lets do dis!

You remind me so much of one of my former work associates. She was amazing. ^^ Kick that cold's backside!

Comment

My tablet is being particularly vexing today.

I give up.

So there.

Comment

I'm so over vomiting almost. every. single. day.

When do I finally get to feel better?

Seriously?

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Just heard about Kraft changing the chocolate of Cadbury's Creme Eggs. Boo! We like the taste of Dairy Milk chocolate! I know it's hardly important in the grand scheme of things but 99% of the time I don't eat anything with sugar in it - a Creme Egg was a yearly treat and I was really looking forward to it. Gah.

Comment

Dear Baby Crisco. NyQuil is my new god. I started taking the capsule of sweet lovely cherry syrup goodness last night at 8pm. Woke up at 6 hour intervals just enough to continue the drink of the sleepy gods. I pretty much have been passed out till about 5pm in bed in one position.

I'm groggy as all hell. Finally eating something (my tatstebuds are on the fritz slightly) and just in time to go back to bed again. I have one day to work tomorrow from 1:30-10 pm. But then I'm back on the NyQuil. I have no idea if I'm better. I just know I'm asleep during the worst of it. Today at least hasn't been a total coughing day. Don't know if I caught it in time or the worse is yet to come.

Cough Watch 2015!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm watching a documentary about a girl named Terri who was burned in an accident when she was very young. Over 90 percent of her body. She is such a strong person. But after the accident her mother didn't want to see her anymore. What the hell? Would she rather her daughter died in the accident? She LIVED so she should be happy. See what I mean by what the hell happened to us?

-Update- I realize the mother blames herself for the accident, but her daughter lived and she should be grateful for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Dukali View Post
                    I'm watching a documentary about a girl named Terri who was burned in an accident when she was very young. Over 90 percent of her body. She is such a strong person. But after the accident her mother didn't want to see her anymore. What the hell? Would she rather her daughter died in the accident? She LIVED so she should be happy. See what I mean by what the hell happened to us?

-Update- I realize the mother blames herself for the accident, but her daughter lived and she should be grateful for that.
                    Also, this is what I mean by humans should be taking care of each other. If something like this happens to someone, others look upon them in disgust or laugh at them. Why? Because they were in an unfortunate accident? They are still human like we all are. We are all human and need to be there for each other! But why aren't we? Why do we make fun of someone or kill others? We did not give them life so what right do we have to take it away? I just do not understand what went wrong and where. It literally makes me ill, like I want to throw up when I see and hear things like this. It is embarrassing. I just do not get it. And the sad thing is, it gets worse. It doesn't get better.

Comment

This is what the term "Human frailty" covers,not all humans are heroic,or able to "Be the best they can be",it happens because if you consider being a hero is such a big deal because it is something we seldom see. Everyone might think,"I could be a hero" but when the rubber hits the road,many will not be heroic,and if we are lucky we may see an actual hero...

Humans: why the term "only human" was invented.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Very true, sadly.

Comment

Ok, so I have this facebook friend who is a girl I knew from high school and choir back in the day. She lives in Alberta, and like a lot of people in Alberta, she is super right wing. Like Ayn Rand loving, everyone for themselves right wing. Obviously I think a lot of what she says is bullshit and I try to avoid commenting on her posts, but sometimes, I just can't help it.

Anyway, today she posts this article about how a mom in Alberta is trying to get allergy laws passed in Alberta similar to Ontario. Ontario's laws do not ban allergens in schools; instead, they mandate that schools have to prepare themselves for serious allergies, learn how to contain allergens, know what to do when a student gets an anaphylactic attack, and have policies in place to deal with allergies. OF COURSE her and all of her friends think this is totally unreasonable and that parents who have kids with allergies are whiners and should just "deal with it."

Now, as someone who has had life threatening allergies my whole life, I felt the need to defend it, and pointed out that the woman didn't even mention banning milk (her kid is allergic to milk) in Alberta schools. She just wants policies that will make it safer for her daughter to go to public school. What do I get? A dude claiming that allergies are the result of the weakening of the human race and that this wasn't an issue in our day. I pointed out that it wasn't an issue for HIM in our day because he didn't have to live with a serious allergy, but it definitely WAS an issue for some of us 20+ years ago. But NOPE...allergies are due to the human race weakening and that's why they're getting worse.

I mean, how can anyone be THAT ignorant? I understand that I probably read a lot more research on allergies than the average person, so I'm pretty up to speed on where scientific thought is going with it at the moment (basically, our immune systems are having trouble dealing with sterile modern life), but I'd at least think that people were smart enough to know that it isn't some sort of evolutionary thing (evolution doesn't work that fast, for the love of the gods!)

He finally said that he didn't actually know anything about allergies, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                            Ok, so I have this facebook friend who is a girl I knew from high school and choir back in the day. She lives in Alberta, and like a lot of people in Alberta, she is super right wing. Like Ayn Rand loving, everyone for themselves right wing. Obviously I think a lot of what she says is bullshit and I try to avoid commenting on her posts, but sometimes, I just can't help it.

Anyway, today she posts this article about how a mom in Alberta is trying to get allergy laws passed in Alberta similar to Ontario. Ontario's laws do not ban allergens in schools; instead, they mandate that schools have to prepare themselves for serious allergies, learn how to contain allergens, know what to do when a student gets an anaphylactic attack, and have policies in place to deal with allergies. OF COURSE her and all of her friends think this is totally unreasonable and that parents who have kids with allergies are whiners and should just "deal with it."

Now, as someone who has had life threatening allergies my whole life, I felt the need to defend it, and pointed out that the woman didn't even mention banning milk (her kid is allergic to milk) in Alberta schools. She just wants policies that will make it safer for her daughter to go to public school. What do I get? A dude claiming that allergies are the result of the weakening of the human race and that this wasn't an issue in our day. I pointed out that it wasn't an issue for HIM in our day because he didn't have to live with a serious allergy, but it definitely WAS an issue for some of us 20+ years ago. But NOPE...allergies are due to the human race weakening and that's why they're getting worse.

I mean, how can anyone be THAT ignorant? I understand that I probably read a lot more research on allergies than the average person, so I'm pretty up to speed on where scientific thought is going with it at the moment (basically, our immune systems are having trouble dealing with sterile modern life), but I'd at least think that people were smart enough to know that it isn't some sort of evolutionary thing (evolution doesn't work that fast, for the love of the gods!)

He finally said that he didn't actually know anything about allergies, at least.
                            I have allergies. My mom has allergies. My grandmother had allergies... *sigh*... some people can be so... well... dumb is a pretty innocent word, right? It's funny how many people feel that allergies are just people whining... it's not, it's an actual thing, and it has been for ever, it's getting worse now, but I think that's in part due to us being better at diagnosing it than we were 50 years ago...
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                              I have allergies. My mom has allergies. My grandmother had allergies... *sigh*... some people can be so... well... dumb is a pretty innocent word, right? It's funny how many people feel that allergies are just people whining... it's not, it's an actual thing, and it has been for ever, it's getting worse now, but I think that's in part due to us being better at diagnosing it than we were 50 years ago...
                              Yeah. I think there is evidence that there are more of them, but I'm not sure it's as bad as everyone thinks. A lot of people suffered in silence in the past. I have quite a few friends with things like celiac who were just "sick" as kids. Now they know that they have a immune condition because diagnostics are a lot better. I think way back, a lot of people just died. My boyfriend asked me once why people in developing countries didn't have deadly allergies (this was way back before he'd been with me long enough to know what it's really like to live with someone who has serious allergies). I told him that they probably do and just die from them.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                                Yeah. I think there is evidence that there are more of them, but I'm not sure it's as bad as everyone thinks. A lot of people suffered in silence in the past. I have quite a few friends with things like celiac who were just "sick" as kids. Now they know that they have a immune condition because diagnostics are a lot better. I think way back, a lot of people just died. My boyfriend asked me once why people in developing countries didn't have deadly allergies (this was way back before he'd been with me long enough to know what it's really like to live with someone who has serious allergies). I told him that they probably do and just die from them.
                                exactly... can't keep track of how many die from it, if noone knows that is what they died from. I think you're right there are more, but it's not like there weren't any before. and even if it was a weakening of the human race, should we just leave them (us) to fend for themselves and die from silly things like nuts and bees when we can do something... don't get it.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Working...