X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=8.msg22715#msg22715 date=1292458259]
    Maybe your age odometer turned over...and you are starting out again! ;D
    [/quote]You saw me when this happened before ... It happened again 2 months ago and again Sunday night ....

Any who don't like graphic descriptions close their eyes...

Sunday ...
    5 pm ... eat dinner ... Chinese ...
    6:39pm ... slight chills
    7pm ... Hard shivers ...
    7:30 ... RUN ... Lift the lid ... (yes, a bachelor that puts the lid down) ... Grab the walls ... Thar she blows ... Dodge the back splash ... once ... twice ... three times .... QUICK .... Turn around ... SIT ... All bodily functions performed well ...

For the next 2 days nothing stays down ... even water ... No sleep ... Up every hour putting out fluids ...

Tuesday afternoonish ... Cup of water stays down ... chug a quart ... it stays ...not putting out so much now ... nothing left ...

Wednesday noon ... grilled chichen salad ... picked at croutons and a few slices of cucumber ... half a pumpkin pie shake .... WRONG ...

2pm ... RUN ... sit ... (remembered to NOT put the lid down this time, just in case)...

Bed rest ... 7pm ... here to check in ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Oh, gosh, magus Hoping you recover quickly!

My rant is that the human wrecking ball that is my two year old, during 20 minutes while I was trying to organize their closet, got into the dishwasher and fridge, broke the back of the remote and hid the batteries, ruined my tarot deck by soaking 8 or 9 of the cards, and I caught up to him having gotten the iron off of the third shelf in the closet (still trying to figure that one out) plugged it in, and was gashing marks in the seat of one of our kitchen chairs trying to hot iron it!

Not only do I feel like a pretty lousy mom for not catching him sooner, I'm in awe that he did all that while I was in the next room, listening to make sure he wasn't up to anything.

My job at this point seems to be to insure that he survives to see adulthood...past that, I'm not sure I can promise much :P
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Car wont start, again.... Whenever the temperature dips below -40 it wont fucking start.... Grrrr...... I know it's cold out there Suvie, but damn it, I cant take the girl to school or go grocery shopping if you wont fucking start!! Must call the guys to save me again, and let them laugh at me and shake thier heads while I sit inside and cough up a damned lung because I am sick, again. Fucking Alaska. I love you, but damn it, cooperate with me, just this one time, no more -50 so my car will work, at least until hubby gets home and he can rescue me.

Comment

Ok, I'm a person that's willing to contribute where I can. I even don't mind doing those "projects" at all. But at least have the decency to ASK ME FIRST before signing me up for projects! Now I have to figure out how to juggle that AND and appointment this weekend.

This is the doing of two people! Not one, two. Two full-grown adults can't figure out how common courtesy works. Blargh! I know how to pick 'em.
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

I am a lazy fucking moany shit.
            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Want. To go. Home!
              In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Feels the flu coming on....ug...ick.....fork....flack....fudge....frump ....fracccckkkkkk!!
                Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

I hate today. I'm glad it's only another 4 hours until it's done with.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

So I do not claim to be an expert on cutting hair. In fact I will never cut anyone's hair due to the fact that I have no skill in these types of things. But if I go to a salon that I know has a good reputation (since I have gone there as a child) and I show you a picture of myself from two months ago from three angles anyone with skill who works in said salon should be able to cut my hair properly. Nope she cut it three inches shorter then I wanted and now I can't put it up in a pony tail for work due to it being so short...

Maybe I am just being grumpy... -.-
                    sigpic

Comment

I think I'm trying to pass another kidney stone.

I feel weird, back hurts, odd pains in the lower triangle between hips & crotch, bladder spasms, restless, fever/chills - just like the last one.

At least it doesn't hurt when I pee.
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

In the past two weeks - Daughter's car skidded on ice and crashed (thankfully she was unharmed), husband's car got hit by a youngster in a white van, I slipped on ice and hit my eye on the kerb and had a black swollen eye for a week which is now infected, son lost his job and got an infection in his gums causing his face to swell up, other daughter has come out in hives and has flu and now I have just found a big soft lump on my dogs back and he now has to return to the vet, having recently recovered from a stomach virus! To say I am pissed off is putting it mildly >
                        Autumn
                        /|\

Comment

[quote author=Autumn link=topic=8.msg23083#msg23083 date=1292589775]
                          In the past two weeks - Daughter's car skidded on ice and crashed (thankfully she was unharmed), husband's car got hit by a youngster in a white van, I slipped on ice and hit my eye on the kerb and had a black swollen eye for a week which is now infected, son lost his job and got an infection in his gums causing his face to swell up, other daughter has come out in hives and has flu and now I have just found a big soft lump on my dogs back and he now has to return to the vet, having recently recovered from a stomach virus! To say I am pissed off is putting it mildly >
                          [/quote]

Oh dear, Autumn!

You all are in my prayers, here
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I have come back from my Hols and spent the week being Judassed left, right and centre. Everything that has come up this week has been handed to me, from last minute istalls for customers, to new system roll outs, to last minute on call ont eh Christmas party (!) I am on Late Shift on Christmas eve and most of next week, except for the day after the Christmas party, where, because i don't drink, i am on early shift! Now i have to do a massive House keep of over 20 million records on Sunday! ArrrGH!

Oh and i don't have the on-call laptop coz the Guy on call last night forgot to bring it with him!
                            M
                            In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

[quote author=Maulus link=topic=8.msg23155#msg23155 date=1292615024]
                              I have come back from my Hols and spent the week being Judassed left, right and centre. Everything that has come up this week has been handed to me, from last minute istalls for customers, to new system roll outs, to last minute on call ont eh Christmas party (!) I am on Late Shift on Christmas eve and most of next week, except for the day after the Christmas party, where, because i don't drink, i am on early shift! Now i have to do a massive House keep of over 20 million records on Sunday! ArrrGH!

Oh and i don't have the on-call laptop coz the Guy on call last night forgot to bring it with him!
                              M
                              [/quote]

Your week sounds similar to my week, but only in stress levels. I feel your pain. *sigh*
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Im not a taxi! Do you make a habbit of getting into young females' cars? I must say, ive never seen a 21yr old female taxi driver driving at 1am, in a little saxo with 3doors, that has NO taxi markings on it at all. So yeh, try to get in my car again and you'll be sorry. Fucking retard.

Comment

Working...
                                X