THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Might you be referring to Santeria,where they sacrifice animals?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      Who hurts animals because of their ideals??????
      Subject came up before - once it was about people making cats eat vegetarian. Another time (although people missed the irony) was when it came to sacrificing animals to yer gods.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Maybe every time a bear kills a human in the woods it too is practicing its religion via sacrifice. Could be. Could be.........
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Only the Bear truly knows Duce,and it may sh*t the human remains in the woods...but only if the pope is Catholic...and also like the bear can sh*t in the woods

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
            Who hurts animals because of their ideals??????
            Don't ask...
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Could be the animals in question are humans and it concerns circumcision....Just saying....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                Might you be referring to Santeria,where they sacrifice animals?
                They don't actually 'hurt' them, though. There is FAR less 'hurt' in most African Diaspora sacrifices than there is in commercial abbatoirs and slaughter houses.

Jus' sayin'.

Comment

I had read that about not causing undue pain,that and they eat the sacrifice so the death is not trivial in nature.

Completely understood..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    I had read that about not causing undue pain,that and they eat the sacrifice so the death is not trivial in nature.

Completely understood..
                    There ARE some that sacrifice non-food animals (not really the 'diaspora' traditions though, so much as the original ones outside of America) but in America it's all food animals only as far as I'm aware, and they are usually eaten.

Only semi related... did you know that fish are not covered by the RSPCA's cruelty against animals laws? I presume the ASPCA is the same. You can't be prosecuted for cruelty towards a fish. Which is stupid, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Hubby isn't gonna be home until late tonight. I decided to be lazy and get Jack in the Box for dinner on the way home. I got a combo 1... nothing huge. Ate the fries on the way home and now I feel nauseous again. I don't even want to touch the burger. I can't wait for this stomach thing to be figured out because I'm getting pissed off more and more each day. Why has this taken 4 months and they still don't have a clue!?! asldfkjasdl;fjkasl;f
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I'm really getting tired of being ignored so that I might fail. There were three of us between cold apps and hot apps. One on each station and a floater. The job of the floater is to back both of us up. That means any prep we might need to get us through service. J. was the floater today. When Aubrey or I float we come in and we start asking both sides what they need help with. J. ignored me and went straight to hot apps. I sat my station by myself and while the other two set up hot apps together. Twenty mins before service started he finally decided to ask if I needed any help. The entire night he left me out to dry. No help no nothing. Hes bitterness is really getting on my nerves. Dude it looks a hell of alot better that you can help both of us get set up then when you ignore me and help hot apps only but that's fine. You stay bitter and don't learn you lesson. I'm gonna keep learning new stations while your stuck on one.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

*sigh. Someone got all pissy on a lifehacks thread on reddit. It was about Lent. And how you really didn't have to do a full 40 days since Sunday don't count and some other such nonsense. I said this is why I don't like religion. They tend to focus on loopholes. Like tell me all the sins! Now let's see how far I can push the human envelope to do what I want but still..you know go to heaven. After some comments I also replied that's not how Lent works. You don't do it to find loopholes. How about focusing on being a good human being all you can instead of trying to weasel out on a fast. Someone actually said this is why atheists ruin everything. And how some we can't have a simple conversation without a know it all atheist.

I'm sorry my fucking knowledge of YOUR religion bothers you numb nuts.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            *sigh. Someone got all pissy on a lifehacks thread on reddit. It was about Lent. And how you really didn't have to do a full 40 days since Sunday don't count and some other such nonsense. I said this is why I don't like religion. They tend to focus on loopholes. Like tell me all the sins! Now let's see how far I can push the human envelope to do what I want but still..you know go to heaven. After some comments I also replied that's not how Lent works. You don't do it to find loopholes. How about focusing on being a good human being all you can instead of trying to weasel out on a fast. Someone actually said this is why atheists ruin everything. And how some we can't have a simple conversation without a know it all atheist.

I'm sorry my fucking knowledge of YOUR religion bothers you numb nuts.
                            Aww, damn, that's why we can't have nice religions... ;p
                            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                            Clan of my Clan
                            Kin of my Kin
                            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                              Hubby isn't gonna be home until late tonight. I decided to be lazy and get Jack in the Box for dinner on the way home. I got a combo 1... nothing huge. Ate the fries on the way home and now I feel nauseous again. I don't even want to touch the burger. I can't wait for this stomach thing to be figured out because I'm getting pissed off more and more each day. Why has this taken 4 months and they still don't have a clue!?! asldfkjasdl;fjkasl;f
                              Have you been keeping a food diary?
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

I was sitting here,thinking(Scary right) and began to ponder what it is that turns a perfectly normal person into a fanatic religious crazy...You know I am very open to everyone having their own vision of spiritual things... This is different,and I have seen it happen to people I knew very quickly..My Mother for one...She was a kinda happy go lucky person until something went "SNAP" and suddenly she was Torquemada riding on the crazy train. It boggled my mind at the time,and I wondered if you guys have had this happen to people you know.?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X