THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

With you there Hawk.....when you got nothing,you got nothing to lose....and nuclear winter is a whole lot of nothing...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Oh... stepping in to dangerous territory here. Living in a place where owning guns is illegal unless you have a license, I never understood what people are so scared of. I've lived 22 years without needing one. The bad guys don't line up at my door. And I feel safer knowing that I won't encounter some drunken teenager with a gun when I'm walking home Friday night... I really don't feel less free...
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Okay am I the only one ticked off about the fact that they took wrestling out of the summer olympics? I know it may not mean it to most of the contestants, but it was one of the original events at the games dedicated to the Sky Father Zeus. It seems blasphemous to me. It may be late to vent my irritation, but it ticks me off every time I think about it. Wrestling isn't a sport I care for, but it was there in the ancient times. It feels as if they have spit in the face of the God.

Comment

Not to worry...SYFY,has wrestling now...I know it isn't the same,but I was a bit surprised that wrestling now falls under science fiction....go figure...Course its not real wrestling just WWF stuff,so more of a stage play...
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

So today I got a text from my Work Wife in Charlotte, and one of the reasons she text me today is she HATES conflict with anyone but me(she can scream and yell at me but she can't defend herself to anyone else at work..)we got a new Pastry Chef in September she is one of the best that RCC has ever had. However sometimes she can be snotty and condescending. She knows this and told us in the beginning if she started to sound like that to tell. Whens shes crancky or hungry or stressed she can come off as a real bitch.

Well the WF said that its apparently been happening a lot and one of the other cooks went to another manager about it and they have been spoken to by the OPs manager at the hotel. While talking to WF i asked her if anyone had talked to Chef about her tone and how shes been treating everyone? The answer was no, and that everyone is to scared to say anything. Here is the part that pisses me off. Thats the biggest bunch of bs I have ever heard!!! There are two people in that damn kitchen who aren't scared of anything and will yell and scream right back you. They love causing trouble and mayhem. The other reason. I know said big mouths are out to get her in trouble because both are resentful of her position.

She is hard working and dedicated. She goes out of her way to get stuff done and actually does work. On the other hand I haven't been there since December so I don't know what has changed but instead of going to OPs why can't they talk to her??
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
              Oh... stepping in to dangerous territory here. Living in a place where owning guns is illegal unless you have a license, I never understood what people are so scared of. I've lived 22 years without needing one. The bad guys don't line up at my door. And I feel safer knowing that I won't encounter some drunken teenager with a gun when I'm walking home Friday night... I really don't feel less free...
              Same. I just don't get it. I don't think I ever will. I'd actually much rather live somewhere where it's harder to have a gun than somewhere where it is easy to get one. I don't feel comfortable with the idea of lots of people having them.

I actually did grow up with guns in the house. A lot of people hunt in Canada, and sometime in the 70s, my dad traded some speakers for three hunting rifles. He had licenses for them, but I don't think he ever got carry permits because they never left the house (you only need carry permits if you plan on taking your gun off your own property). They stayed on a rack in a closet my whole life (I think they're still there), collecting dust. They were never, ever loaded. We were never taught that they had any purpose other than maybe shooting deer or grouse one day. Even though they were unloaded, we were taught that they weren't something that we should touch. I just can't relate to guns as a method of self defence. To me, they'll always be the sporting equipment that we couldn't touch in the closet.

Germans like to hunt, too, but because there is less wilderness and fewer animals, fewer people do it than in Canada. Still, I could get a hunting rifle if I wanted. I'd have to jump through a few hoops to get one (take a hunting course, join a hunting association, get a hunting license, pass a background check, get the gun license, get the carry permit), but I could. It's not like they're totally banned...you just need to have a reason to have one and you can't own one if you have a criminal record or history of mental instability or something like that. I'm fine with that.
              Last edited by DanieMarie; 05 Mar 2015, 01:54.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                Germans like to hunt, too, but because there is less wilderness and fewer animals, fewer people do it than in Canada. Still, I could get a hunting rifle if I wanted. I'd have to jump through a few hoops to get one (take a hunting course, join a hunting association, get a hunting license, pass a background check, get the gun license, get the carry permit), but I could. It's not like they're totally banned...you just need to have a reason to have one and you can't own one if you have a criminal record or history of mental instability or something like that. I'm fine with that.
                It's pretty much the same here. Rifles are for hunting, you can get them, but not easily. I think we focus more on preventing crime tjan on defending ourselves against it. I was always taught the best defence was screaming and running. I feel that not having weapons at hand prevents a lot of stupid crimes... and sure. If I ever found myself unable to escape a dangerous situation I might wish I had some kind of weapon, but I prefer to just stay out of them. It's not like they'd wait for me to rumage around my purse anyway.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                  It's pretty much the same here. Rifles are for hunting, you can get them, but not easily. I think we focus more on preventing crime tjan on defending ourselves against it. I was always taught the best defence was screaming and running. I feel that not having weapons at hand prevents a lot of stupid crimes... and sure. If I ever found myself unable to escape a dangerous situation I might wish I had some kind of weapon, but I prefer to just stay out of them. It's not like they'd wait for me to rumage around my purse anyway.
                  Exactly. Also, crime rate statistics seem to be pretty similar in Denmark and Germany (except for burglary and car theft...for some reason those are way higher in Denmark...weird), so I'm guessing that the situation is similar there to here. I think here people generally feel pretty safe. People don't feel a high need to defend themselves because they don't think something bad is going to happen to them in the first place. As a woman in a big city, I almost never feel unsafe on the streets alone at night. I don't go out of my way to walk down deserted side streets at 3 am, but I don't feel uncomfortable on the well-lit main streets in the middle of the night. And I'm pretty sure that the chances of someone attacking me on the street in the middle of the day or breaking into my home while I'm there are zero to none. Criminals here tend to go for easier targets. They pickpocket or break into apartments when people aren't there. How useful are weapons then?

Comment

The gun thing isn't just about self defense in the US,or at least not directly. Is also about history and culture and the fact that the right to bear arms is a constitutional one here. It's our defense against a government that has become too controlling. That was the original purpose of the right to bear arms in the Constitution. But it is complicated.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I kind of understand where you guys are coming from there...it's just a bit weird to us. We don't really have the same history with that, so it's hard for us to understand.

Comment

Not a rant. A sad.
                        Harrison Ford's Sesna plane just crashed on Pen Mar golf course in Santa Monica. The emt's just pulled a body out and took it to the hospital in critical condition. :='(:
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          Not a rant. A sad.
                          Harrison Ford's Sesna plane just crashed on Pen Mar golf course in Santa Monica. The emt's just pulled a body out and took it to the hospital in critical condition. :='(:
                          I got serious condition, slightly better than critical.... I can't handle losing Spock and Han solo in the same week.... Nerds worst week ever...
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

CNN reported he was conscious. I hope he's gonna be 100% OK. Not a good day for planes.....one of the passengers on the one that skidded off the runway in NY is Jaime Primak Sullivan from "Jersey Belle" I like her. Thank goodness that thing didn't go in the water.

Patrick Swayze once crashed a small plane and walked away. It can happen.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              CNN reported he was conscious. I hope he's gonna be 100% OK. Not a good day for planes.....one of the passengers on the one that skidded off the runway in NY is Jaime Primak Sullivan from "Jersey Belle" I like her. Thank goodness that thing didn't go in the water.

Patrick Swayze once crashed a small plane and walked away. It can happen.
                              We had a cesna crash into our botanical gardens yesterday...killed the 3 or 4 passengers aboard.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Some people that claimed to be christians beated a friend of mine, and they tried to take my others friend mjolnir from his neck. I'm so pissed
                                My friends are better now but that doesn't change a thing and I'm so angry

Comment

Working...
                                X