Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

[quote author=Amelia-Mary link=topic=8.msg23325#msg23325 date=1292697274]
    I'm on crutches AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh..... I'm also very very bruised with my birthday party coming up in 10 days! AND IT HURTS LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!!

Let that be a lesson to all of you, dislocating your hips like that is NOT fun/funny/clever It will hurt.
    [/quote]

How on earth did you dislocate your hips?
    I have done it once, and you are right, it is neither clever nor funny and it bloody does hurt!
    Hope you get better soon hen!

M
    In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

^ Thanks, i stepped on a patch of black ice and landed in the splits (which i can't actually do) and i heard a massive crunch and there was pain, it hurt, LOTS.
      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

[quote author=Amelia-Mary link=topic=8.msg23332#msg23332 date=1292697921]
        ^ Thanks, i stepped on a patch of black ice and landed in the splits (which i can't actually do) and i heard a massive crunch and there was pain, it hurt, LOTS.
        [/quote]

*eyes watering*
        Get yourself a nice hot bath to relax your muscles and take the swelling down a bit

M
        In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

I have no voice!! Having to whisper at a 5 and 3 year old, is a pain in the neck... "What was that mom, we didnt hear you." Grrrr

Comment

I've rarely felt pain so immediately intense that it made me puke. Until this morning.

While playing a rather boisterous game of tug-o-war, my dog almost bit my nipple off.

No bra = no playtime w/the dog, no exceptions.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I am on call this weekend, as well as working the late shift, so i am effectively working from 11:30 am to 8am the following day at the moment. Anyhow last night, i went to be at about 1am (i get home at about 8:30pm) and got to sleep by about 1:30, at 2:30 the damn call out phone rings out and some dumbass is telling they are logging a priority 1 incident because 2 devices at 2 branches for this customer are not loading their jobs properly.
              Anyhow i get up and have a look, after explaining to this monkey how the system he is meant to be providing first line support for works. I eventually discovered that it was due to one of our drives for transaction files is full and nothing is being recorde. I duly fix this and confirm stuff is running correctly, i potter off to bed for about 5:30am. i am lying in bed for about an hour, listening out for the phone in case something else has gone wrong, eventually drifting off at about 6:30 only to get a phone call at 8:00 from another customer with another issue ( i am off duty at 8) so i tell him to try the office again in about 5 minutes as they might not have switched over the phones by now.
              20 minutes later he calls back, ranting at me and asking why i am not in the office (!)
              I ended up phoning one of the guys who was supposed to be on the early shift and ranting down the phone into his VM that they need to switch the phones over!

I got in at 11:30 after a total of 4 hours sleep in 1 hour bursts all night and have to do anotherday in the office and another night on call!

Grr, i am knackered and dreading another call at 3am with yet another problem!

M

Comment

*sigh*

Why are there days when I feel like I'm working out issues with my identity, relationships, and life in general, that most people figure out in high school, or shortly after?
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=8.msg23354#msg23354 date=1292705846]
                  I've rarely felt pain so immediately intense that it made me puke. Until this morning.

While playing a rather boisterous game of tug-o-war, my dog almost bit my nipple off.

No bra = no playtime w/the dog, no exceptions.
                  [/quote]

There just isn't any reason for me to voice my rant, now. I mean...

OWWWWwwwww!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg23530#msg23530 date=1292790743]
                    There just isn't any reason for me to voice my rant, now. I mean...

OWWWWwwwww!
                    [/quote]

At least it was a momentary rant. It would have been longer had she actually bit the thing off & I'd had to go to the ER.

In fact, I would have just let the dog keep it, I think, rather than tell someone at the ER, "uh, my dog bit my nipple off". :-[

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=8.msg23500#msg23500 date=1292778528]
                      *sigh*

Why are there days when I feel like I'm working out issues with my identity, relationships, and life in general, that most people figure out in high school, or shortly after? [/quote]
                      I know this feeling very well.
                      Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

$&#*#&$&@!!!

Leave me alone! Let me play WoW! I don't want to look at your stupid old trash jewelry, I don't want to take photos of it and I don't want to try and sell it on eBay. Go away!!!!!

Comment

Condensed work rant....

Friday: I got a bad case of people touching me when I distinctly yelled at them not to. I yelled at Ivan and Doug

Sat: Somehow...somehow....somehow everyone was scheduled off. It was 6 of us working. Two servers. One bartender. One cook. One desk person. One porter. Since it was pouring rain, everyone and their nana was in our bowling center. And to top it off, so was The Biggest Loser. They were taping a special segment for people allowed to return home for the weekend. So while Doug was busy getting on TV..I was busy with 20+ lanes. Didn't get a break till 10:30 and I was off at 12am. Why? Because I had to host a party then move right into working a league then right into extreme bowling. So no time.
                          Yelled at Jimmy

Sun: Got to work at 12:30. I walk into the center and I know I have a party to host at 1pm. But Victor has not set up the party. Seems David told him there wasn't one. But there was. And not just one. But a fucking huge party. I had 25 kids. 25+ adults. 4 tables. The parents were starting to help me set up tables because it wasn't done. I was embarassed. I was also fucking mad at David. 3 hours later....15 pizzas later...5 trays of wings later...a $911 bill later...I am finally done with them.

Cue party number 2. 20 poeple later. bunch of food later...it's now 7pm. I am off at 8pm. There were NO SERVERS. Just me. Attempting to host my second party and 40 fucking lanes...while all the servers who were supposed to come were stuck in traffic due to the rain. Then it's like why are you waiting so late to take a break? And I'm thinking are these people gonna serve themselves! I AM SOO FUCKNG TIRED.

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=8.msg23104#msg23104 date=1292601777]
                            Oh dear, Autumn!

You all are in my prayers, here
                            [/quote]

Thank you Deseret
                            Autumn
                            /|\

Comment

YOU ARE LATE. WTF?
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Well Thanks a lot you Feckwitted Badger-taunting imbecile, Okay, i made a mistake with the "P1" call on sunday morning, i did, however fix it within 2 hours! The mistake i made was not sending around a P1 Notification at 5am, Because that was the top of my damn priority list at that time, after 1 hours sleep! More to the point, i came in today, i have admitted the mistake, i have explained my reasonings at the time and i have fixed the problem!

Next time you make a Cock-up, rather than sticking up for you like i normally do When the Managing Director wants to spread a little blame, as a TEAM member should do, i will happily be the first to slip in the knife and give it a good turn!

M

Comment

Working...
                                X