THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I'm fed up with the play I'm doing. I'm quitting tomorrow, I was never good at saying no, but I've had it. I have exams at the moment, I need time for them. I said that when I took the part. I also said that 4 rehearsals in a week would be difficult for me. And that monday, tuesday and wedensday are schoolnights so off limits. It's volunteer work... the first few times people were up to an hour late. Last time, the director was 30 minutes late. I'm the only one who knows my lines. Now they're panicking, so there are 5 rehearsals this week - the first tonight. So I assumed they knew I couldn't make it, after all I did say. And now the director had a fit saying that everyone has to be there every time, she doesn't care if we get sick... sooo... I'm not failing my exams because of them. Am I a bad person? I feel awful, but at the same time I'm just pissed.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Realistic expectations are a thing. So is choosing a financially stable future over a temporary volunteer gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
        Realistic expectations are a thing. So is choosing a financially stable future over a temporary volunteer gig.
        Thanks. I needed that!
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          I've been awake since 1 am. ChIld #2 woke up not feeling well. Finally got him asleep by 2. Went to take him to bed. Tripped on hamster cage because he didnt close the door when he woke up. Cats knocked cage over. Hamster is gone. Cleanedup and looked for hamster. Pretty sure Precious escaped...no sign of hamster.

Kids are wide the eff awake and I am so verrra tired and have a killer headache.

Not going to work today :/
          Kitties + escaped hamster = bad
          its a risk, I hope she turns up, they like to hide in shoes.
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
            Thanks. I needed that!
            No problem, sometimes we all need a little validation - even if we know we're not doing anything wrong. ^^

I hope Precious comes back soon and is safe.

Comment

May Precious find her way home.

And Iris, you are doing the right thing. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Comment

So I'm supposed to work 6 days next week. And now I might be working all week. Our assistant who has been acting manager while we wait for our manager hurt himself at work tonight! Had to be taken away by ambulance. I feel so bad for him.

The rant is just about the horrid situation it now puts us all in. We are already stressed with no store manager. And numerous helpful (but I don't want them closing so they can't fuck up our paperwork) sister store assistants etc. I'm doing all the closing so the paperwork and stuff moves smoothly. We try to use them to either open or mid. Have no idea what's going to happen now. We are all trying to not let the store fall apart. Which it's slowly doing.

Gah.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  So I'm supposed to work 6 days next week. And now I might be working all week. Our assistant who has been acting manager while we wait for our manager hurt himself at work tonight! Had to be taken away by ambulance. I feel so bad for him.

The rant is just about the horrid situation it now puts us all in. We are already stressed with no store manager. And numerous helpful (but I don't want them closing so they can't fuck up our paperwork) sister store assistants etc. I'm doing all the closing so the paperwork and stuff moves smoothly. We try to use them to either open or mid. Have no idea what's going to happen now. We are all trying to not let the store fall apart. Which it's slowly doing.

Gah.
                  I'm sorry your all having so much trouble Medusa. But the first year is generally the hardest for any store right? Just keep your head up and strut your stuff cause I know you've got it.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Hanging out at the HS library, I found a book titled Plants Without Leaves: Lichens, Fungi, Mosses, Liverworts, Algae, Slime-molds, Horsetails.

Why does this bother me?

Fungi are no longer plants, They are Fungi.
                    Algae are either Protista (if they have one cell) of Chromista (if they have more than one cell) these days.
                    Lichens are fungi (Fungi) and algae (Protista) in a symbiotic relationship.
                    Slime-molds were animals, then plants, then fungi and are now Protista.

Books in library are 50 years old. Schools need money. 50 year old science books are not acceptable.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Some misguided miscreant of a kid randomly stomped all of my garden plants, some of which I very carefully grew from seed. All of my tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, and peas. Kiddo, I can grow more plants, you'll still be a douchecopter.

Comment

grumble grumble. I had to work ot today. Got off at 10pm. I'm eating. Got to get up at 5am to go back to work.
                        Grumble grumble.

Directly after work is the ONLY time I will have any free time till like Wed. I am doing a load of laundry (taking it in my bike basket to work) and going next door.

Grumble grumble.

I'm already tired.

Comment

So one more night of closing and I have a nap before working again at 6am.
                          Also. I appreciate the new people from other stores helping us out. I do. We are in a bind.
                          But please stop touching stuff! You broke the door by turning the circuit breaker off to it. Then you broke the overhead music by pressing something on our phones and now it's all mucked up. You messed up our money denomination orders. And you blotch our paperwork up.
                          Staaaaph.

I also had to step in and write half our schedule for next week. Thankfully I'm well practiced in the art of schedule making. Also know as copy pasta copy pasta

Comment

I'm really starting to hate how its acceptable (or at least in my family) to most family matters on social media, and by family matters I am referring to the death or hospitalization of family. Yeah I don't like finding out my Great Aunt whom I loved and adored had passed away this afternoon on Facebook. They could take the time to post it on facebook how rough their day was going but they couldn't make a phone call or send a text and inform the rest of us what had happened. I know she has been sick for a while. I know the last month had been really bad but you don't post it right there without making sure the family freakin knows.

Oh and then my mother and her instability to answer a phone. She can sure as crap call me after I send a text but can't seem to pick it up when I call her? She just didn't think to call me. Didn't think it was important shes just been so busy all day.

Moral of rant don't let people find out they have lost a family member by posting on facebook. I have two aunts and two uncles plus my mother who could have called. Instead I find a "I'm having a bad day because I have a test tomorrow and a oh and my aunt passed away today" post.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                              I'm really starting to hate how its acceptable (or at least in my family) to most family matters on social media, and by family matters I am referring to the death or hospitalization of family. Yeah I don't like finding out my Great Aunt whom I loved and adored had passed away this afternoon on Facebook. They could take the time to post it on facebook how rough their day was going but they couldn't make a phone call or send a text and inform the rest of us what had happened. I know she has been sick for a while. I know the last month had been really bad but you don't post it right there without making sure the family freakin knows.

Oh and then my mother and her instability to answer a phone. She can sure as crap call me after I send a text but can't seem to pick it up when I call her? She just didn't think to call me. Didn't think it was important shes just been so busy all day.

Moral of rant don't let people find out they have lost a family member by posting on facebook. I have two aunts and two uncles plus my mother who could have called. Instead I find a "I'm having a bad day because I have a test tomorrow and a oh and my aunt passed away today" post.
                              I'm sorry for your loss... and wow... no, I get that. that would piss me off too!
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

The hubby is headed out today for a work trip....30 days, possible extended to 60. The minions are going insane...Sharkbait woke up before 3 and never went back to sleep and Chickadee is moping.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X