X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Dear Dog,

Why do your farts smell like you are pushing a small, rotten child out of your anus? I mean, seriously. I don't feed you human food. You don't eat trash (usually). You have high quality food. I feed you yogurt.

Please stop fumigating my house with your ass gas.
    Pumpkin!!! Canned pumpkin in with the dog food will take away the smelly gas.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Nausea is making a comeback. For the last three days, I've been feeling horrible. I don't know what to do anymore.

Got an appointment with a nutritionist tomorrow, though. Maybe, changing what and how I eat may help. Not that any changes I've made in the past 8 months have helped.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        But here's the funny part...

The three worst teachers I've ever had in a long line of teachers were teaching me how to be a teacher.

One guy was 120 years old (or thereabouts), and he just sat at a desk and rambled incoherently for two hours per class.

The second one was a "well respected educational researcher" who seems to have felt that teaching was a waste of time that could have been better spent doing writing journal articles. In that class, to this day, I have absolutely no idea what I was supposed to learn. Neither did anybody else in the class. Every single student got a C. In every other education class I took I got an A.

The third was the guy I mentioned, who just wasn't really on the ball. I think he made it all up as he went along.
        I've got a similiar set in my english studies. There's the old guy who would much rather discuss the origin of words than literary analysis, but at least what he does say is interesting. There's the One who is so set in his ways that he fails to comprehend that what worked 30 years ago may not still be great, and frankly couldn't care less whether we pass or not - this is also the guy who a few weeks ago sent us all an email (around midnight) saying that he expected most of us to fail... to top it off he actually urges us to speak english badly because if our danish accent is obvious we won't be mistaken for native speakers so we won't be judged if we make mistakes (well duh. But most of us aim for either a standard british or american accent) how about just teaching us to avoid mistakes...
        And then there's the woman we're too scared of to ask questions, and whose exam all of us are now sweating over because we have no useful notes.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I don't know what yours peeking English is like, but your written English is, actually, better than many native speakers. If I didn't know otherwise, I'd assume you to be an educated American.

P.S. Even if you have a mild Danish accent, Americans will find it appealing. Americans tend to like people from Northern Europe.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thanks
            I speak british, actually. Eton-ish English, that's what we're taught... also, I watch way too muc QI, it rubs off. I tend to mimic whoever I'm talking to. But the Danish does sneak in once in a while.
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
              Pumpkin!!! Canned pumpkin in with the dog food will take away the smelly gas.
              I thought that was only for diarrhea...I will try this.

Mostly art.

Comment

Some neighbor to my right or left has the most obnoxious ring tone ever. And it keeps going off about every minute. I don't know what's going on. But if they don't answer that phone I'm either killing their dog (neighbor to the right) or killing their daughter (neighbor to the left)
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I really begrudge being prompted to say 'I love you.' It takes a statement that should be full of honesty and turns it into a polite nicety. I refuse!

Comment

Not exactly rant but just a thing that makes me sad...
                    I'm on a train and (again) there is some really tired sounding person giving an extremely detailed description of someone close to her who is demented and fatally ill. (Including some really private things.)
                    I do understand that people need to talk about such experiences but I just wonder how ethical that is to do so in public... (this train is really quiet, she was the only one I could hear speaking.)
                    Not to mention all the people who happen to hear it.

I can't really blame the woman though, it's the phenomenon that worries me. Some privacy pls.
                    baah.

Comment

Not exactly rant but just a thing that makes me sad...
                      I'm on a train and (again) there is some really tired sounding person giving an extremely detailed description of someone close to her who is demented and fatally ill. (Including some really private things.)
                      I do understand that people need to talk about such experiences but I just wonder how ethical that is to do so in public... (this train is really quiet, she was the only one I could hear speaking.)
                      Not to mention all the people who happen to hear it.

I can't really blame the woman though, it's the phenomenon that worries me. Some privacy pls.
                      privacy really isn't a thing anymore. not in the public space... sit down at any train station/on any train here for half an hour and I guarantee you will know the intimate details of at least two people's sex/love/social/personal life. all of it. no details spared. people just don't stop to think that every stranger within earshot will hear. it's a pehnomenon I don't get, I for one like my privacy.

in other news. I really hate exams I'm now halfway.
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                        in other news. I really hate exams I'm now halfway.
                        I hate exams too. I have 3 exams next week. History, physics and Hebrew... -_-
                        Good luck in the uni, Iris!
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                          I hate exams too. I have 3 exams next week. History, physics and Hebrew... -_-
                          Good luck in the uni, Iris!
                          that's a lot crammed in to one week, poor you! good luck Gleb thanks... I'm doing postcolonialism and American studies now, but they're joined together in one big written assignment. My vacation starts wedensday!
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Apparently SPF 50 still doesn't prevent a light sun burn, but SPF 70 keeps me super duper pale.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I got an owie at work. I tried to catch a falling 20 ton shop press box. I thought I caught it. It smashed my finger to the stool (which was covered in sandpaper strips for better traction. This will be important in a minute). Kevin pulled the box off my hand. I clasped my hand around the finger. Saying something like 'yeah I'm going to show you my finger now Kevin. Tell me it's ok, right? I just smashed it'. Kevin looks at my finger. Looks at me. I look at my finger. Well damn. The 20 ton press smashed my finger and it scraped along the sandpaper. Ripping the top layer of the tip of my finger clean off. And left my finger pad turning a nice purple and getting hot. Feeling like a hot grape jelly mush inside. Being that I take blood thinners, yeah, it just bled and bled. I finally covered it up with a bandaid. It looks ok with the band aid. But the nail bed has scrape marks where it slid along the sandpaper. It's probably gonna fall off eventually. And the finger pad is pretty much warm to the touch and feels like it's just filled with lots of gooey blood. Good times.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0010A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	352850

look at mah bandaid!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0011A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	352851
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Freakng weird weather again. Tornado watches all over Jersey,and it seems all over the east coast yesterday. Did not spawn one but TV doing that scream alert thing every 10 minutes.
                                last nerve people,last nerve...
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X